Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2015-16 Preseason Thread: To Dream the Impossible Dream

Originally posted by jericho View Post
    Don't ask. After being in the Red Hawk costume for most of the two years they had him at football games, don't ask.
    Bring back the BEE!!!!
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
      A 5 point day. Now if we can only have a few of our hockey players get a number of those this year!
      i did the right thing, and drafted him on both my fantasy football teams.
      Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

• Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
        Bring back the BEE!!!!
        Nothing against Puckman, but I miss Swarm, too!

And I took Franks in my fantasy league draft, also.

Comment

In honor of Travis Fulton and Makenna Thomas, today is 15 September 2015. There are 18 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 3 October 2015 for the start of next season.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
            Bring back the BEE!!!!
            I have just as much influence in that decision than you do.
            Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

In honor of Milos Bubela and Hannah Behounek, today is 16 September 2015. There are 17 days until RPI's next game.

Last edited by Ralph Baer; 09-16-2015, 11:29 PM.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Discussion of ECAC goalies at SB Nation http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2015...g-charlie-finn.

Jason Kasdorf, Rensselaer

The 2012-13 ECAC Hockey Rookie of the Year missed virtually all of his sophomore season and struggled in back of a sketchy defense last year. The Buffalo Sabres prospect is a big goaltender who could be a difference maker for Seth Appert's Engineers this season if he is healthy and back in freshman year form. Out of all the veteran goaltenders in the league, Kasdorf's future performance is the biggest unknown.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
                  i did the right thing, and drafted him on both my fantasy football teams.
                  I am no big NFL football fan but I do plan to watch every game he gets into. I will say this, he has one incredibly live leg. If he can elevate his field goal attempts quick enough and high enough to get them over the huge defensive lines charging in, he will be a star in the league. I am glad he is a bio mechanics guy because I cannot explain what he can do and his leg strength but perhaps he can. Just waiting for him to nail one from about 60 yards and really get some notice.
                  Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

In honor of Mari Mankey, today is 17 September 2015. There are 16 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

In honor of Laura Horwood, today is 18 September 2015. There are 15 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                        In honor of Laura Horwood, today is 18 September 2015. There are 15 days until RPI's next game.

Getting close to single digits!
                        Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                          Getting close to single digits!
                          We're there already in base-16.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

With the hockey season still two weeks away, RPI's football team this Saturday will play host to a team they've never played before. Yes, they're going to play MIT.

I recall many years ago - it may have been way back in my own student days - reading an article about the athletic program at MIT. They actually had more varsity teams than any other college, even though they did not have a football team at the time.

The article recounted a discussion between some MIT students regarding the possibility of starting a football team. The concern was whether they could find anybody with whom the hypothetical Beavers football team could be competitive. Clearly, they couldn't hope to compete with BC, BU, or even Harvard. Then somebody suggested, "Maybe we could play RPI." And the rest of them said, "Hey, yeah..."

Well, they're finally going to get their shot at RPI. Hope the result of the game will make them wish they'd waited a whole lot longer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
                              With the hockey season still two weeks away, RPI's football team this Saturday will play host to a team they've never played before. Yes, they're going to play MIT.

I recall many years ago - it may have been way back in my own student days - reading an article about the athletic program at MIT. They actually had more varsity teams than any other college, even though they did not have a football team at the time.

The article recounted a discussion between some MIT students regarding the possibility of starting a football team. The concern was whether they could find anybody with whom the hypothetical Beavers football team could be competitive. Clearly, they couldn't hope to compete with BC, BU, or even Harvard. Then somebody suggested, "Maybe we could play RPI." And the rest of them said, "Hey, yeah..."

Well, they're finally going to get their shot at RPI. Hope the result of the game will make them wish they'd waited a whole lot longer.
                              The MIT coach, Chad Martinovich, was hired from the Tute, where he was DC. If you want to run with the big dogs go right to the source.

Martinovich was hired when my daughter was a sophomore at Shirley's alma mater. They won one game and the only game she attended had fewer than 100 in the stands. Last year they won 10 games. It will be interesting to see how they do against their big brother school in Troy.

Comment

In honor of Riley Bourbonnais and Shayna Tomlinson, today is 19 September 2015. There are 14 days (2 weeks) until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X