Wisconsin Badgers 2015-2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wisconsin Badgers 2015-2016

Clearly time for a new Badger season thread with the old one being locked up. Hard to believe that season is only 2+ months out.

Roster seems set as with the schedule (though without start times). Haven't seen anything yet on season ticket renewals (except that they'll be more expensive), but thought I saw somewhere that late July was when the UW was going to send those out.

Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2015-2016

http://www.uwbadgers.com/sports/w-ho...071615aaa.html

Congrats to those Badgers invited to the Team Canada camp next month. Nice to see the talent spread out over three classes, though it is junior heavy.

Comment

My predictions for possible line combination / defense pairings for the 2015-2016 season: Thoughts??

LW-Nurse C- McBibbon RW-Shaver D- Burke D- Rolfes

LW-Wellhausen C- Clark RW-Pankowski D- Channel D- Ryan

LW-Johnson C-Sowchuck RW- Cogan D- Gardner D- Drake/Williams

LW-Jones C-Harding RW- Doner

Comment

Originally posted by rangersrule View Post
        My predictions for possible line combination / defense pairings for the 2015-2016 season: Thoughts??

Unless your goal is to try to balance out the lines to an extent, I'd swap Cogan and Shaver.
        "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
        And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Does anyone know where or what arena in San Jose that the opening games vs. Providence will be played at?

Comment

Originally posted by rangersrule View Post

I like more balanced scoring.....

Nurse-McKibbon-Shaver
            Wellhausen-Clark-Johnson/Jones/Harding/Doner
            Pankowski-Sowchuck-Cogan
            Johnson/Jones/Harding/Doner

They need some D to step up and score some goals. They get a lot of assists, but not a lot of goals. Perhaps that is a product of their system, I do not know.
            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
              I like more balanced scoring.....

Nurse-McKibbon-Shaver
              Wellhausen-Clark-Johnson/Jones/Harding/Doner
              Pankowski-Sowchuck-Cogan
              Johnson/Jones/Harding/Doner

They need some D to step up and score some goals. They get a lot of assists, but not a lot of goals. Perhaps that is a product of their system, I do not know.
              Ok I've not seen a ton of mighty Badger games in life, but I did see them live on two occasions a year ago. Unless my eyes deceived me badly, Pankowski is never a third line player on any team ever.

Right?
              Last edited by charlieconway; 07-22-2015, 06:14 PM.
              Ducks Fly Together

Comment

No, she is probably the top offensive player, but the concept is to get a proven scorer on each of the 3 lines. While I also prefer balanced scoring, my guess (and that's all it is) is that they will load up the top 2 lines and hope they can find a productive combination of the senior forwards/freshmen for the 3rd line. The difference in ice time for the 3rd and 4th line is usually pretty significant, so competition should be fierce to get on that line.

I think they should get some decent scoring out of the defense. At least on paper, this should be one of the better defensive units they've had in a few years. Pretty deep and talented.

Comment

Originally posted by Badger Booster View Post
                  ... While I also prefer balanced scoring, ...

I thought last year the Gophers could get better balanced and more scoring from flipping a player from the 1st line (Cameranesi) with one from the 2nd (Lorence) but apparently the head coach knew better and won the championship without my advice

Scoring goals was difficult among the top teams last year, I think it will be even tougher this coming year when you consider this coming year will have the best goaltending the WCHA has ever seen, at least IMO. And although most teams lost some D through graduation, many teams should be stronger and more experienced at the blue line.
                  In short, teams may have to load up one line with their offensive talent and hope they either prevail over the other team’s first line, or can get the other team caught in a mismatch with their least talented defensive line.

The 4th lines may see less ice time as a result because games are closer, and the coaches don’t want them out there getting caught on the ice against the other team’s 1st or 2nd line and lose the game because of one goal. In theory I like balanced scoring, but when goals are hard to come by, loading up one line may be the only way to get a goal.

Comment

Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
                    In theory I like balanced scoring, but when goals are hard to come by, loading up one line may be the only way to get a goal.
                    I agree, though UW can run 2 excellent scoring lines out there, though I'd put Clark's and Pankowski's stock higher than Nurse's and McKibbon's. Wellhausen, Shaver and Cogan's performances could either project them into a fight for the top or destine them for 3rd place.
                    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Badger Booster View Post
                      Haven't seen anything yet on season ticket renewals (except that they'll be more expensive), but thought I saw somewhere that late July was when the UW was going to send those out.
                      Got my season ticket renewal letter in the mail yesterday. The prices are now $50 for adults and $25 for students. Online renewals start Monday, and are due by Aug. 28. Basically a paper version of what's now on the website.

I can't argue with the ticket price increase too much, and it should help avoid some of the problems with no-shows on sold out games, but it is enough of an increase that I'm going to have to take a closer look at the schedule to see if I'll actually be able to get to enough games to make it worthwhile this year.

Comment

For what it's worth, there are 18 regular season games for the first time at LaBahn (other years had 16 or 17 with one of those being an exhibition game). So the per game cost is $2.78 adult/ $1.39 student-youth-senior. Even if the single-game ticket cost doesn't increase ($5), season tickets will break even by the semester break.

For me it's worth it just to have tickets in hand and not potentially wait in line for the higher profile games. Plus, for games I can't get to I try to give them away to someone who maybe hasn't seen the product yet and might not know what they are missing.

Lastly, season ticket holders get first crack at reserved seating if they host a NCAA quarterfinal game. Was nice to have tickets right at center ice last year as they buried BU.

Comment

http://www.uwbadgers.com/sports/w-ho...072415aaa.html

Love the captain selections. With the continued carnage that is plaguing the men's program, I'm looking more forward to the women's season than even before.

Comment

The Badger vs. Friars games will be played in the Shark tank i believe.

Comment

This would be my guess where they are playing. Official practice facility for the Sharks.

http://www.sharksiceatsanjose.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X