Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coaches with losing records year after year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coaches with losing records year after year?

Why is it that coaches at the DIII level can go for years with real poor records and still have a job?

Originally posted by Bradsz View Post
    Why is it that coaches at the DIII level can go for years with real poor records and still have a job?
    Some Division III schools care more about winning in hockey than others.

Just like some of those schools that aren't as good at hockey but might be football or basketball powerhouses.

It's all about resources and where you put them. Most DIII schools have a hard time being good at every sport. There are some exceptions of course.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Comment

Re: Coaches with losing records year after year?

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
      Some Division III schools care more about winning in hockey than others.

Just like some of those schools that aren't as good at hockey but might be football or basketball powerhouses.

It's all about resources and where you put them. Most DIII schools have a hard time being good at every sport. There are some exceptions of course.
      Ill give 1 example Cortland, football...hockey

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
        Ill give 1 example Cortland, football...hockey
        baseball too.
        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
        GO LAKERS!!!
        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
        Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
          baseball too.
          Lax as well..........I think hockey is the BIG

Comment

USM: hockey what is that, you mean field hockey??? Baseball, every game is a sell out!

Comment

Originally posted by Bradsz View Post
              There are still some DIII schools that haven't allowed themselves to get so caught up by the simpleton's notion that it's all about wins vs losses because they know there is much more to it than that. Developing well rounded individuals that are better prepared to go out and become productive members of society is still part of the philosophy and/or mission statement at those schools and their athletic departments. I for one applaud those schools because their philosophy is much more realistic than the schools that get too caught up by the number of wins. The concept of winning has many different definitions and interpretations. Winning a certain number of hockey games each season is but one dimension of the very multi-dimensional term.

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                There are still some DIII schools that haven't allowed themselves to get so caught up by the simpleton's notion that it's all about wins vs losses because they know there is much more to it than that. Developing well rounded individuals that are better prepared to go out and become productive members of society is still part of the philosophy and/or mission statement at those schools and their athletic departments. I for one applaud those schools because their philosophy is much more realistic than the schools that get too caught up by the number of wins. The concept of winning has many different definitions and interpretations. Winning a certain number of hockey games each season is but one dimension of the very multi-dimensional term.
                Thanks for the info...I was looking up some kids I know and was curious where they were when I noticed some pretty poor coaching records at some of the schools they were attending, records I know wouldn't be tolerated at the D-I level or Junior Hockey level so I was just interested. I know they say the same thing you have regarding kids in D-I and Junior so I find it interesting that ADs and Fans at the D-III level are okay with it.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                X