This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    Maybe they should drop hockey and stick with football and baseball...
    Yeah, that's a good idea Nick. Why don't you draw up a strategy and a plan and send it to Madame President, AD Kreech and Red. I'm sure they'd like to hear your ideas.

Comment

• Re: Maine Hockey: Summer 2015 on the Stillwater

Originally posted by DoubleA View Post
      Yeah, that's a good idea Nick. Why don't you draw up a strategy and a plan and send it to Madame President, AD Kreech and Red. I'm sure they'd like to hear your ideas.

If anything should be dropped it's football

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
        You don't believe there is any correlation between the team going downhill and Grant leaving?

Who is the only goalie we have right now that wasn't already committed when Red showed up?

This team isn't any different then it was the monday after the icebreaker when everyone was so high
        I'm not upset with the start, I'm upset with the idea that I should take a vacation from watching hockey for X number of years until Red gets "his guys."

I jumped off the TW bandwagon when the team failed to make an NCAA tournament with Gus Nyquist on it. I find it unfair not to hold Red to the same standard RE Shore and Hutton. This whole grace period thing drives me nuts. Why even watch the games then?

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
        43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
        104-47-14 (.669) in that time
        3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
          I'm not upset with the start, I'm upset with the idea that I should take a vacation from watching hockey for X number of years until Red gets "his guys."

I jumped off the TW bandwagon when the team failed to make an NCAA tournament with Gus Nyquist on it. I find it unfair not to hold Red to the same standard RE Shore and Hutton. This whole grace period thing drives me nuts. Why even watch the games then?
          I think Red lost the team last year, Shore and Hutton both looked like average players with little interest in what was going on. That might happen again, depends on Swavely, Riley and Brown.

Timmay would still be coach if he had a goalie when Abbott, Nyquist and Flynn were on team. Red has the same issue. With a small sample size it appears Rob might change that?????????????
          Last edited by walrus; 10-22-2015, 04:18 PM.
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
            I think Red lost the team last year, Shore and Hutton both looked like average players with little interest in what was going on. That might happen again, depends on Swavely, Riley and Brown.

Timmay would still be coach if he had a goalie when Abbott, Nyquist and Flynn were on team. Red has the same issue. With a small sample size it appears Rob might change that?????????????
            Its early yet, but McGovern could be a plus...but for now the word has it he is injured...to what extent is unknown(correct?).

Comment

Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
              Hey, if TIMMAY was winning for 3 or 4 years with Walsh's guys........then why can't Red be losing for 3 or 4 years with TIMMAY's guys
              He can, because both coaches didn't and don't have the talent. There were many fans on this forum who maintained that the talent was there. Maine wasn't winning because of the coaching. I think we have the answer to that theory.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post

Shore and Hutton were in neutral last year. NHL draftees on a Maine team that was going nowhere. And they knew it. Play the season but don't kill yourself and most of all don't get hurt. That is not on Red in any way. It was a detriment to Red. Two big stud hockey players with little to no team interest in their last year at Orono. Sad but way true.

Comment

• Originally posted by DoubleA View Post
                  Shore and Hutton were in neutral last year. NHL draftees on a Maine team that was going nowhere. And they knew it. Play the season but don't kill yourself and most of all don't get hurt. That is not on Red in any way. It was a detriment to Red. Two big stud hockey players with little to no team interest in their last year at Orono. Sad but way true.
                  I bet the two of them are laffin their ballz off reading this thread
                  sure why not

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                    Its early yet, but McGovern could be a plus...but for now the word has it he is injured...to what extent is unknown(correct?).

Red is like Belichick when it comes to talking about injuries on the record, so we likely won't know much about it for quite some time.

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                      Mark Denehey was 3-22-2 and 6-18-3 in years 2 and 3. In year 5 he was 12-13-2 and in year 6 he went 16-8-3.
                      Well done.

Comment

• Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                        Mark Denehey was 3-22-2 and 6-18-3 in years 2 and 3. In year 5 he was 12-13-2 and in year 6 he went 16-8-3.
                        It took Denehy a while. Maybe that's the norm. But look at Bazin and Leaman's records in their first three years. Major turnarounds.
                        That said, every situation is different. What Red inherited was probably in substantially worse disrepair than UML or Providence.

Comment

• Originally posted by DoubleA View Post
                          It took Denehy a while. Maybe that's the norm. But look at Bazin and Leaman's records in their first three years. Major turnarounds.
                          That said, every situation is different. What Red inherited was probably in substantially worse disrepair than UML or Providence.
                          I think Army and McDonald could recruit but not coach and Timmy could coach but not recruit. If you look at the guys Red has brought in and the guys he has lined up I really don't know how you can be anything but optimistic.
                          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                            I think Army and McDonald could recruit but not coach and Timmy could coach but not recruit. If you look at the guys Red has brought in and the guys he has lined up I really don't know how you can be anything but optimistic.
                            When I see some offense I'll be optimistic. The last few years have been horrible when considering offense. Can't get a shot thru, take the extra pass to set up a worse shot, dangle too long and let the D get set, you name it, they can screw up getting a good shot off.

I expect a loss tonight and maybe 1 goal
                            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Maine started 0-4 last year against much weaker opposition than they have faced this year. It really baffles me how people can be upset with this year's start, especially when most didn't think they were going to be that good anyway.

The start was fine until they didn't show up to play against the Q. That was just a reminder of how it's been for the past six or eight years, and people here are afraid it's what they're going to be seeing a lot more of over the season. Red either needs to light a fire under these guys, put a team out on the ice that comes to play every night, and play hard, smart, and fundamentally sound, or he's just not the guy for this job. That's just how it is.
                              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Do you mean pessimistic?
                                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Working...
                                X