This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    Unfortunately I don't think Bobby V is anywhere near the worst. Butch Hobson and Joe Kerrigan were much, much worse and I'm sure there have been others.

I would be absolutely thrilled with a split. It will be interesting to see if Romeo gets a start. Apparently he didn't dress last weekend because he was sick.
    Tough debate to win there. At least the players liked Butch and for the most part Joe K. With Bobby V, every player, ownership at the end, et all hated him
    Total weirdo fool

Union dominated the Sacred Heart game, they are always a trap game and along with other Atlantic teams, have had good early season success out of conference

Should be a good game, Union is very young, great freshmen class

I felt that Maine was going to be a tough draw and tougher going forward
    They will give BC in particular fits

Comment

• Re: Maine Hockey: Summer 2015 on the Stillwater

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
      The tournament format:
      Regulation win - 4 points
      OT Win - 3 points
      SOW - 2 points
      SOL - 1 point

North Dakota and Michigan State both had 5 points. Maine had 4. North Dakota wins based on fewest goals allowed. It was as much a shock to them as it was to everyone. The players didn't even know until the organizers gave Brad Berry the trophy in the locker room. The usual on-ice festivities were abruptly canceled because if after seeing with their own eyes Maine defeat both Michigan State and North Dakota it would have gone over like a fart in church if they had presented North Dakota with the trophy at center ice. It's also unusual for the tournament MVP to come from the 3rd place team.
      jesus, john, you haven't used THIS handle in YEARS! this is truly priceless

and if any one can, maybe YOU can explain to me the logic behind a shoot out, if the "win" basically does nothing... also, why are only 3 points awarded for a game instead of 4 if the game goes to OT.

Comment

• Originally posted by TERRIERFANinLA View Post
        jesus, john, you haven't used THIS handle in YEARS! this is truly priceless

and if any one can, maybe YOU can explain to me the logic behind a shoot out, if the "win" basically does nothing... also, why are only 3 points awarded for a game instead of 4 if the game goes to OT.
        Pretty simple, a shootout win as a result of a tie gives a team one more point than the SO loser. That makes sense. My only guess for the 4 points for a regulation win vs 3 points for an OT win is the reg winner won more handily thus derserving more points ??? Who made up this tourney format anyway ??? Goofy ??
        sure why not

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
          Now it's on to Union, going to be tough games on the road. They crushed maine at alfond last year. Morris on friday but who knows on saturday
          Hard not to see McGovern not play one game this weekend...

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
            Hard not to see McGovern not play one game this weekend...
            Yeah, I'd think he'd play Saturday. Romeo may regret being ill/hurt.

Robs dad must have been behind me Saturday night. he was yelling instructions to Rob all game. Mostly," Find the puck Robbie, Find the puck" probably been yelling that at him since he first started playing goalie
            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Now it's on to Union, going to be tough games on the road. They crushed maine at alfond last year. Morris on friday but who knows on saturday
              Right now -and yes it's very early- I'd call it Mac's job to lose.

Will be at both games. Union has a real old-school pit and their recent success won't hurt attendance. It's a tough place to play. Will be OK with a split, delighted with 3 points and surprised by a sweep. If I had to bet my life, I'd predict 1-2 points, but I'm hoping that the Fr. class steps-up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                Right now -and yes it's very early- I'd call it Mac's job to lose.

Will be at both games. Union has a real old-school pit and their recent success won't hurt attendance. It's a tough place to play. Will be OK with a split, delighted with 3 points and surprised by a sweep. If I had to bet my life, I'd predict 1-2 points, but I'm hoping that the Fr. class steps-up.
                These guys have butt whipped us recently during our "off" years.......hopefully we can begin turning this thing around...patience though, at this point I'd be pleased with any points from out there knowing little still about the character and skills of these guys

Goalies way too early to tell. Let's see some stellar performances from one or better yet all of them before making any decision . Hopefully no decision needs to be made
                Last edited by all bear; 10-13-2015, 06:18 PM.
                sure why not

Comment

Season tickets arrived today. First home game on the 23rd against New Brunswick. No letter from Gendron.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                    Season tickets arrived today. First home game on the 23rd against New Brunswick. No letter from Gendron.
                    Tickets and thats it, no sheet of paper with schedule on it, nothing but tickets. What a joke

Supposed to be a big announcement on coaches show tonight. Starts at 7pm WVOM, 103.9. Rob is supposed to be on there also.

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                      Tickets and thats it, no sheet of paper with schedule on it, nothing but tickets. What a joke

Supposed to be a big announcement on coaches show tonight. Starts at 7pm WVOM, 103.9. Rob is supposed to be on there also.
                      Ben Guite named assoc. Head coach

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                        Ben Guite named assoc. Head coach
                        Does this mean he is line to succeed Red when he eventually retires?
                        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Tickets and thats it, no sheet of paper with schedule on it, nothing but tickets.......... hat a joke
                          Two years ago there was no schedule either as I recall. Last year there was. Slipping in a schedule is very helpful. Are there now 2 associate head coaches? Isn't Leach also an associate?

Comment

• Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                            Two years ago there was no schedule either as I recall. Last year there was. Slipping in a schedule is very helpful. Are there now 2 associate head coaches? Isn't Leach also an associate?
                            2 associate head coaches now

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                              Does this mean he is line to succeed Red when he eventually retires?
                              I don't think it means a ****ing thing

Comment

Glad to see Ben get the recognition! Speaking of recognition did anyone read the Hockey East weekly release??? Aside from being mentioned in the headline there is no recap of the games Maine played against two national programs, one being #1, there is no recognition of any player achievements (hello Rob McGovern) and obviously no individual award winner? Just sent them an email.

Was at the UND game and happy to see the compete level. Maine needs lots of positive baby steps this year, and good press is also important. Confused as to why Hockey East would totally blow off Maine in their release?

Comment

Working...
                                X