October 16-17 Union: $7.95/night
    October 20 Quinnipiac: Free
    November 6, 8 Boston College: $6.95/night or $10.95/month
    November 13 Lowell: $9.95
    December 5, 30: UNH $9.95/night
    January 23 Boston University: $9.95
    February 12-13 Notre Dame: On NBCSN
    February 26-27 Northeastern: Free

The Ice Breaker games will not be streamed.
    The tournament in Trenton and the UNH game in Portland likely will not be streamed.
    All other games are available.
    All home games at Alfond Arena are streamed for free.

Comment

• Re: Maine Hockey: Summer 2015 on the Stillwater

Tough way to lose a win tonight. PP that led to the game-tying goal was a garbage call. Byron stepped out of the penalty box, caught the puck, MSU defender backs up into him, puck bounces to another Maine player and linesman blows it dead for a hand-pass. Meanwhile ref calls interference on him.... Byron had possession of the puck when the MSU backed into him... not sure how you can call it interference...

overall, i liked the way maine competed, though they took way too many penalties (some legit, some ticky-tack)... morris needs to cover the puck when he has a chance... second goal he could have covered but poked it back into traffic... all in all, a decent first showing....

Comment

• Originally posted by gscott13 View Post
        Tough way to lose a win tonight. PP that led to the game-tying goal was a garbage call. Byron stepped out of the penalty box, caught the puck, MSU defender backs up into him, puck bounces to another Maine player and linesman blows it dead for a hand-pass. Meanwhile ref calls interference on him.... Byron had possession of the puck when the MSU backed into him... not sure how you can call it interference...

overall, i liked the way maine competed, though they took way too many penalties (some legit, some ticky-tack)... morris needs to cover the puck when he has a chance... second goal he could have covered but poked it back into traffic... all in all, a decent first showing....
        The official called the penalty because he said Byron still had a foot in the box when he played the puck. It is a rare call, but Red confirmed that if Byron did play the puck early it was a penalty. He said he would go back and review the video to see what happened.
        Last edited by ticapnews; 10-10-2015, 04:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gscott13 View Post

I agree. The PP looked 100% better than last year. Maine was the better team for most of the game. And they do have to stay out of the box. Take that many penalties against a BC caliber team and they lose by 5. I don't know what Morris was thinking poking the puck strait out between the dots on that play. Mental error. Like you said, decent showing......better than I expected. I wasn't all that impressed with NoDak in the 1st game so I think they have a shot tonight. Maine looks to be a faster, bigger team than the sue so we'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
            I agree. The PP looked 100% better than last year. Maine was the better team for most of the game. And they do have to stay out of the box. Take that many penalties against a BC caliber team and they lose by 5. I don't know what Morris was thinking poking the puck strait out between the dots on that play. Mental error. Like you said, decent showing......better than I expected. I wasn't all that impressed with NoDak in the 1st game so I think they have a shot tonight. Maine looks to be a faster, bigger team than the sue so we'll see.

Listened to the game going tonite. Who looked the best of the 5 frosh- Hannigan mentioned Perez and Michel alot, unfortunately I think both had 2 penalties. Swavely could have a great yr, tough nite hit the post 3 times. Morrison may have coughed up the puck but by all acccounts he kept us in the game w/ a bunch of grade A stops?

Comment

Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
              I agree, a better than expected showing and the PP did look strong. I'm not sure we were the better team overall tho. We got out shot and gave up way too many quality scoring chances, even 5 on 5. Ref's were horrible. The D needs to tighten things up but I like their size and they can hit. Morris was sharp. I thought the crowd was into it. Entertaining evening.

Comment

• Originally posted by CenMEBlackBearFan View Post
                Listened to the game going tonite. Who looked the best of the 5 frosh- Hannigan mentioned Perez and Michel alot, unfortunately I think both had 2 penalties. Swavely could have a great yr, tough nite hit the post 3 times. Morrison may have coughed up the puck but by all acccounts he kept us in the game w/ a bunch of grade A stops?
                I liked Robbins, he played at crucial times. Back checks and plays d. I also liked Gibson but he also got 2 penalties called on him. Perez had one good chance where he muscled his way out front.
                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/nchc...michigan-state

Friday notebook from IceBreaker
                  https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                  Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Anyone know what the attendance was?

Comment

• Originally posted by dwollstadt View Post
                      Anyone know what the attendance was?
                      Hair over 5000

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                        Hair over 5000
                        Lets doa' hair over 6 grAnd tonight, eh ? Nice beers outside the rink. Thinking p towns a shoe infor future college hockey regionals. Good time
                        sure why not

Comment

• Originally posted by all bear View Post
                          Lets doa' hair over 6 grAnd tonight, eh ? Nice beers outside the rink. Thinking p towns a shoe infor future college hockey regionals. Good time
                          Portland is doing a great job, tons of folks out and about this afternoon

Comment

Rob McGovern.......No JIMMY McGovern. OMG there is light at the end of the tunnel. Unreal. I haven't seen a performance in net like that since.... Jimmy!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
                              Rob McGovern.......No JIMMY McGovern. OMG there is light at the end of the tunnel. Unreal. I haven't seen a performance in net like that since.... Jimmy!!!
                              Find the puck robbie, his dad??? Was behind me yelling that all game long. Maine wasn't great, und had far more chances but maine had robbie. Red shortened bench, no Perez or tegeler as game went on.I think maine played better as game went on also. Both teams gassed at end

Comment

We have a goalie. Let the fun begin
                                sure why not

Comment

Working...
                                X