Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2015 Offseason - Future Planning ...or Just Rearranging the Deck Chairs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
    Yes it was an amazing series to be sure! Apparently JvR and BvR arrived with 8 mins to go as they had travel issues. At least they got to see him hoist the Cup. Unbelievable!!
    Bummer that TVR's bros missed most of the game. Looking forward to BvR's arrival in Durham a year from September. Most amazing hockey family since the Sutter's?

And, Ben Bishop played games 5 and 6 with a torn groin, and ? with a broken wrist?

Comment

Re: UNH Wildcats 2015 Offseason - Future Planning ...or Just Rearranging the Deck Cha

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
      Bummer that TVR's bros missed most of the game. Looking forward to BvR's arrival in Durham a year from September. Most amazing hockey family since the Sutter's?

And, Ben Bishop played games 5 and 6 with a torn groin, and ? with a broken wrist?
      I believe Tyler Johnson had the broken wrist...
      https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
      Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
        I believe Tyler Johnson had the broken wrist...
        Yup. Amazing how hockey players show up and play with injuries, which you do not hear about until the show is over.

Comment

Re: UNH Wildcats 2015 Offseason - Future Planning ...or Just Rearranging the Deck Cha

Hey it's a Cinderella Storyyyyyyyyyy (caddy shack ref )

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...ddedvideo.html
          Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Tell me you're joking. Have you heard of the Staal family?
            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Bummer that TVR's bros missed most of the game
              At least they got there before the Cup did. I guess the NHL uses Malcolm Butler's travel agent.
              UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                Oh, yeah, how could I forget the Staal's! There must be others also, and of course, BvR is not there yet, but wishful thinking here.

Comment

At this decidedly early point in the run of the xvR's, I'm thinking you don't have to leave Hockey East to find a better claim.
                  Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Aerman View Post
                    At this decidedly early point in the run of the xvR's, I'm thinking you don't have to leave Hockey East to find a better claim.
                    Yup.
                    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Yup.
                      As tough as it is for a UNH fan to admit, I would tend to agree.
                      UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

Originally posted by Aerman View Post
                        1,320 goals - Sutter brothers (Brian, Brent, Daryl, Duane, Ron & Rich - last two twins)
                        913 goals - Hull brothers (Bobby and Dennis - excluding Bobby's WHA goals. Bobby's son Brett added 741)
                        902 goals - Richard brothers (Maurice "Rocket" and Henri "Pocket Rocket")
                        895 goals - Gretzky brothers (Wayne had 894, Brent had 1, and Keith never made the show)
                        823 goals - Stastny brothers (Peter, Anton and Marian)
                        821 goals - Mahovlich brothers (Frank and Pete)
                        762 goals - Mullen brothers (Joe and Brian)
                        538 goals - Sedin twins (Daniel and Henrik)
                        521 goals - Broten brothers (Neal, Aaron and Paul)
                        495 goals - Staal brothers (Eric, Jordan, Jared, Marc)
                        411 goals - Kariya brothers (Paul 402 and Steve 9 - Marty never got to the NHL)
                        276 goals - Gionta brothers (Brian and Stephen)

122 goals - van Riemsdyk brothers (all JvR so far @ NHL level)

40 goals - "Hanson Brothers" - Jack Carlson, Jeff Carlson, Steve Carlson and Dave Hanson (as "Jack") in real life

So the van Riemsdyks have the Hanson Brothers beaten (goals-wise anyway) so far.
                        Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                        Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Oh, yeah, how could I forget the Staal's! There must be others also, and of course, BvR is not there yet, but wishful thinking here.
                          Hey think about it brother James is a star in his own right a 30 plus goal scorer for the Leafs making decent $$ and has been to his own Stanley Cup games..TvR gets the nod from a coach who just might have a clue in his ability...brother BvR will be here soon enough . Don't know where I read this but it's been speculated that BvR could be the surprise of the 3 bros!
                          UNH is more than fortunate that the vR fam thinks highly enough of the program to send all 3 sons there. I admit while I don't know this other fam mentioned I'd say we have a pretty cool thing happening here! Plenty to be proud of!!

Sure those are very impressive stats you put up Chuck to be sure. Still it's cool that UNh has their share of excellent players who have made their mark in the Pro's... Here's to the vR fam continuing that legacy!

Ps Really Chuck? We have a kid who just won the freaking Stanley Cup after a year of uncertainty...and the best you can do is compare him to those those yahoos in slap shot?!? Tsk Tsk...
                          Last edited by HockeyRef; 06-16-2015, 08:23 PM.
                          Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Change of topic....has anyone received their season ticket renewal info? I thought that they were sent out in early June, but haven't heard a peep yet.
                            UNH

Comment

Cool read about TvR's journey to the cup: (sorry I do not know how to shorten Url's$

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on...to-stanley-cup
                              Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                                Change of topic....has anyone received their season ticket renewal info? I thought that they were sent out in early June, but haven't heard a peep yet.
                                Nada neither have we please post if you do?
                                Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Working...
                                X