Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2015 Offseason - Future Planning ...or Just Rearranging the Deck Chairs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FDNY99 View Post
    Hey guys I just thought I would share this wonderful news with you...ESPECIALLY you Chuck and Snively...Miss New hamshire is a UCONN graduate and 4 yr baton twirler :http://www.unionleader.com/article/2.../1003/sports07

Have a good season fellas!!!
    Thanks, FDNY. Sounds like a fine young woman. Very articulate; obviously received a good education at Pinkerton and UConn. Make-a-wish a fine cause, too. But, can she twirl her baton AND skate?

Comment

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2015 Offseason - Future Planning ...or Just Rearranging the Deck Cha

Originally posted by FDNY99 View Post
      Hey guys I just thought I would share this wonderful news with you...ESPECIALLY you Chuck and Snively...Miss New hamshire is a UCONN graduate and 4 yr baton twirler:
      http://www.unionleader.com/article/2.../1003/sports07

“I hope I can make you proud this year as Miss New Hampshire. We have not had a baton twirler go to Miss America in a very long time from New Hampshire, and I’ll work my very hardest to bring home the Miss America crown to the state of New Hampshire.”

Just in case you guys and gals were wondering ... this is a quote from Miss New Hampshire.

I think we've now officially hit bottom on the offseason dearth of relevant hockey news. Here's to hoping we don't get an early start like we did at around Labor Day weekend last year. Maybe BS35+2 can update us on the West Stadium light thingies?
      Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
      Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2015 Offseason - Future Planning ...or Just Rearranging the Deck Cha

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
        “I hope I can make you proud this year as Miss New Hampshire. We have not had a baton twirler go to Miss America in a very long time from New Hampshire, and I’ll work my very hardest to bring home the Miss America crown to the state of New Hampshire.”

Just in case you guys and gals were wondering ... this is a quote from Miss New Hampshire.

I think we've now officially hit bottom on the offseason dearth of relevant hockey news. Here's to hoping we don't get an early start like we did at around Labor Day weekend last year. Maybe BS35+2 can update us on the West Stadium light thingies?
        here ya go:

http://unhstadium.com/live-webcam/
        UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

Speaking of news I did a search of when last years incoming class was reported/outlined in the news and it was very early in June (WMUR). Of course the roster has only been finalized so it's all good. Right now UNH news is all about fball, soccer, field hockey (sport of the Gods )...If you follow UNH Insider on Twitter he's usually posting stuff that comes up. Hockey is on the back burner... But more to the point, e.cat's IN THE HOUSE!!
          Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by FDNY99 View Post
            Hey guys I just thought I would share this wonderful news with you...ESPECIALLY you Chuck and Snively...Miss New hamshire is a UCONN graduate and 4 yr baton twirler :http://www.unionleader.com/article/2.../1003/sports07

Arghh...all roads really DO lead to UConn...groans...
            Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

I was in Durham for ORHS reunions over the weekend, Chuck, and saw big piles of dirt on the west side of the football field. I could not get the webcam at your link to work, e.cat. Sounds like the NHL defending champs are facing some challenges already before the upcoming season. Here's hoping that UNH does not see any repeats of last Labor Day weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post

But more to the point, e.cat's IN THE HOUSE!!
                Hide your women and lock up your liquor

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                  I was in Durham for ORHS reunions over the weekend, Chuck, and saw big piles of dirt on the west side of the football field. I could not get the webcam at your link to work, e.cat. Sounds like the NHL defending champs are facing some challenges already before the upcoming season. Here's hoping that UNH does not see any repeats of last Labor Day weekend.
                  You can get it on UNH Stadium Central.

Ever heard Tom Crean? I was at the Brewery named in his honor in Dinge, Ireland. Great beer!

Comment

• Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                    You can get it on UNH Stadium Central.

Ever heard Tom Crean? I was at the Brewery named in his honor in Dinge, Ireland. Great beer!
                    Tom Crean? Of course, part of the greatest survival story in human history. Part of his epic in 1916 with Ernest Shackleton and Frank Worsley that involved a 36-hour traverse across heavily glaciated South Georgia Island with no gear to a whaling station, after 17 days sailing across the stormiest seas in the world from Elephant Island in a tiny lifeboat, the James Caird, was re-enacted for WGBH in 2000 by Conrad Anker, Reinhold Messner, and Stephen Venables. Their main ship, the Endurance, had been trapped in Antarctic sea ice for nearly 17 months, but the other 22 on Elephant Island and three left behind on the south side of South Georgia Island were all rescued. Now, that is the kind of senior leadership that I want to see at Lake Whitt this season.
                    Last edited by Snively65; 08-13-2015, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Tom Crean? Of course, part of the greatest survival story in human history. Part of his epic in 1916 with Ernest Shackleton and Frank Worsley that involved a 36-hour traverse across heavily glaciated South Georgia Island with no gear to a whaling station, after 17 days sailing across the stormiest seas in the world from Elephant Island in a tiny lifeboat, the James Caird, was re-enacted for WGBH in 2000 by Conrad Anker, Reinhold Messner, and Stephen Venables. Their main ship, the Endurance, had been trapped in Antarctic sea ice for nearly 17 months, but the other 22 on Elephant Island and three left behind on the south side of South Georgia Island were all rescued. Now, that is the kind of senior leadership that I want to see at Lake Whitt this season.
                      Well said 65. I thought of you immediately when I read the story of Crean. He is a local hero in Dingle. Pretty cool story and the beer is pretty good too. Agree on the leadership part also. Cheers☺

Comment

And I do believe we will see it. I know for a fact that our Capt. CMacD has been training very, very hard all summer here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVBrYPKlK_k&app=desktop

This is where he, TvR, Agosta, Torey Krug (my fav B) have/ has spent the summer getting ready. We've got 3 quality guys as Capt/Asst.Capts...I know they are looking for a great year!!
                        Last edited by HockeyRef; 08-13-2015, 05:16 PM.
                        Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

"Incoming UNH Freshman Marcus Vela"
                          The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Love the fact that Marcus is seen as a quality two way forward, just what the 'Cats need! Can see him on the PK taking over the role that Grayson D had in that regard (at least, from my perspective...) Can't wait to see him develop and find his place in the line up...thanks for the story! Looks like he gathers alot of PIM's so he likes to mix it up...Just curious, if you were going to compare his playing style with a former UNHer who would it be? More, please

ps I'd like to add FWIW how thrilled I am that Mike Souza gets to coach this kid...
                            Last edited by HockeyRef; 08-14-2015, 11:05 AM.
                            Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Mike Sislo/Paul Thompson

Comment

"Incoming UNH Freshman Matt Dawson"

Comment

Working...
                                X