Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2015 Offseason - Future Planning ...or Just Rearranging the Deck Chairs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UNH Wildcats 2015 Offseason - Future Planning ...or Just Rearranging the Deck Cha

Holy new off season thread, Batman!

As a State U, I think UNH has to post the job, before hiring a new coach. https://jobs.usnh.edu/applicants/jsp...esults_css.jsp

Back to lurk mode. Carry on.
    I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Re: UNH Wildcats 2015 Offseason - Future Planning ...or Just Rearranging the Deck Cha

Originally posted by Darius View Post
      Holy new off season thread, Batman!

As a State U, I think UNH has to post the job, before hiring a new coach. https://jobs.usnh.edu/applicants/jsp...esults_css.jsp

Back to lurk mode. Carry on.
      It's pretty easy to devise a job description that fits the candidate that you want. Happens all the time. In fact, UNH just did it last year when they hired Stewart.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
        You must be thinking of a different year. MSU beat BU and then Notre Dame in Grand Rapids in 2007.
        Oops, Lerg shut out UNH the year before; thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
          Serious question, does Munn have a jumbotron? Miami U?
          Based on a cursory review of a virtual tour of Munn on what appears to be a webpage that's at least 10 years old, they removed the old center ice scoreboard and replaced it with video boards at either end of the ice around the same time they last updated the webpage's virtual "tour". Somehow there is no mention of the D-1 title trophy, but a photo of two Hobeys.

I couldn't even find a virtual tour of Goggin (Miami U.) on the arena's webpage. But a few photos look nice.

Snively65, a (pseudo-)serious question for you now ... let's say you are looking for an apartment to settle into for the next few years. It's in a nice neighborhood - kinda slow paced but you have some breathing room, and can enjoy nature. Lots of things to do within a short walk, and if you do get bored and have a need for the bright lights of the city, you can catch a train that runs a couple of blocks away from your apartment, and will take you to the big city in about an hour. Or you can catch a bus and check out some low-key nightlife in the smaller city 15-20 minutes away. When you need to work out to stay fit, there is no on-site health club in your apartment building, but there's one that costs the same within a 5 minute walk (if that). You seem to get along with the management staff, and some of your friends have told you good things about the quality of life experience with this neighborhood AND the management staff. Plus at least some of your rent will be subsidized. But the refrigerator and microwave - while workable and utilitarian - are showing some signs of age, and the carpeting is starting to look a little worn. And there is no space for a humongous flat screen TV. Are you gonna sign that lease?
          Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
          Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Munn has a brand new center ice scoreboard and ribbon boards that I believe were installed mid season this past season.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
              Based on a cursory review of a virtual tour of Munn on what appears to be a webpage that's at least 10 years old, they removed the old center ice scoreboard and replaced it with video boards at either end of the ice around the same time they last updated the webpage's virtual "tour". Somehow there is no mention of the D-1 title trophy, but a photo of two Hobeys.

I couldn't even find a virtual tour of Goggin (Miami U.) on the arena's webpage. But a few photos look nice.

Snively65, a (pseudo-)serious question for you now ... let's say you are looking for an apartment to settle into for the next few years. It's in a nice neighborhood - kinda slow paced but you have some breathing room, and can enjoy nature. Lots of things to do within a short walk, and if you do get bored and have a need for the bright lights of the city, you can catch a train that runs a couple of blocks away from your apartment, and will take you to the big city in about an hour. Or you can catch a bus and check out some low-key nightlife in the smaller city 15-20 minutes away. When you need to work out to stay fit, there is no on-site health club in your apartment building, but there's one that costs the same within a 5 minute walk (if that). You seem to get along with the management staff, and some of your friends have told you good things about the quality of life experience with this neighborhood AND the management staff. Plus at least some of your rent will be subsidized. But the refrigerator and microwave - while workable and utilitarian - are showing some signs of age, and the carpeting is starting to look a little worn. And there is no space for a humongous flat screen TV. Are you gonna sign that lease?
              Scarlet answered my Munn jumbotron question, but you got me on Thornton, Chuck, although no train service here. I am sure that Effingwoods ia neat place also. This thread is meeting some recent stiff competition from the "I am a D1 ref" thread, so just trying to be provocative with SOG (will see how that plays out tonight in SC5) and the jumbotron (like the radio public service ad when the woman says that she was "just kidding about the ice cream"). :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                just trying to be provocative with SOG
                I assume you have read the recent post on the Maine recruit thread
                UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

Originally posted by Felger View Post
                  I assume you have read the recent post on the Maine recruit thread
                  Arrgghh. I could not get to Anaheim, so watched on TV. No puck LUCK for us in that game. :-(

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                    Munn has a brand new center ice scoreboard and ribbon boards that I believe were installed mid season this past season.
                    http://mihockeynow.com/2014/10/michi...rena-upgrades/

Comment

Miami has at least one high end video screen/board at the end of the rink. Regardless, in my opinion, as much as we want to credit jumbotrons with recruiting efforts - those are improvements that are really geared towards fan experience and not the player experience...
                      Live Free or Die!!
                      Miami University '03

Comment

Soooo who's watching game 5?
                        I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

As we move along into Day 10 of the Souza Watch, we can only wonder why it's taken so long for an announcement confirming what seems to be the worst-kept secret in recent UNH Men's Hockey history. Or is it ...

EFFINGWOODS (WIS) - Inspired by real-life events taking place in the shadowy underworld known as Hockey East ... WIS Productions in tandem with the mind of N. Don Shamalamadingdong, proudly present this Summer's must-see blockbuster, coming soon to obscure Croatian-language cable TV outlets virtually dotted across the backwaters of North America ...

An obscure well-traveled assistant coach finally lands a coveted job with his alma mater ... but a vindictive former boss, his willing media accomplice, and the emergence of strange crop circles deep within Breakheart Reservation combine to lead to the discovery of a family mystery protected by a secret hockey society for two decades - which could shake the foundations of human civilization (not to mention UNH Men's Hockey). Starring Joe Pesce and Coach Dick Umile, Ray Liotta as Coach Mike Souza, Sean Penn as Coach Luce Canaan, Jack Nicholson as Commish Bertagna, and Marty "Peaches" Scarano as himself in a riveting cameo ... be the first (and likely only) kid on your block to catch the unforgettable and regrettable epic that is ...

The Umile Code

Rated I for Immature audiences
                          Just sayin' ...
                          Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                          Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                            Soooo who's watching game 5?
                            TvR has already skated a shift, and Bishop wandered way too far out of his crease, way farther than he did at Lake Whitt when Trevor Smith clocked him.

Edit: make that two shifts for TvR.
                            Last edited by Snively65; 06-13-2015, 07:44 PM.

Comment

As we move along into Day 10 of the Souza Watch, we can only wonder why it's taken so long for an announcement confirming what seems to be the worst-kept secret in recent UNH Men's Hockey history. Or is it ...

Just sayin' ...
                              Seriously!! I mean even WMUR has had the news...Maybe Marty's on vacation ☺️😉 Bet we'll see something Monday...or not. Hey maybe when they unveil the new 'Tron the news will be made official lol. It's all part of your new flick...

Comment

TvR and Co. One win away from hoisting the Stanley!!

Comment

Working...
                                X