Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2015 Offseason - Future Planning ...or Just Rearranging the Deck Chairs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2015 Offseason - Future Planning ...or Just Rearranging the Deck Cha

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    Oh is that what moves the needle over there?
    nah...our needle got moved when HE made us a member.

Comment

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2015 Offseason - Future Planning ...or Just Rearranging the Deck Cha

Originally posted by FDNY99 View Post
      Unfortunately this is old hat for UCONN fans....but it does mean one thing...if you constantly talk about our HC that means you constantly talk about our program. Not a bad accomplishment considering UCONN is heading into year 2 in HE and is still 3 scholarships behind everyone else. There isn't anything Chuck or anyone else can say about UCONN that hasn't already been said by a Syracuse fan.
      Ha ha love it! Actually we really don't spend much time talking about the Huskies...unless we've just eliminated you out of HE play As of late, noticed some moves on your part and some decent pickups player wise you've managed (which I don't wanna discuss if it's ok with you )

Like I said, kudos to you guys for moving / ratcheting it up. You have to if ya wanna succeed in this league!! And btw, UNH fans know what it's like to be picked on...it's old hat to even this newcomer.

Good luck in your season...see ya in Storrs...or Hartford..?
      Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
        Ha ha love it! Actually we really don't spend much time talking about the Huskies...unless we've just eliminated you out of HE play As of late, noticed some moves on your part and some decent pickups player wise you've managed (which I don't wanna discuss if it's ok with you )

Like I said, kudos to you guys for moving / ratcheting it up. You have to if ya wanna succeed in this league!! And btw, UNH fans know what it's like to be picked on...it's old hat to even this newcomer.

Good luck in your season...see ya in Storrs...or Hartford..?
        A friend of mine actually played at UNH from 94-96, a CT kid to boot ! Good luck to you guys too...As for that Hartford thing...it is a VERY sore subject with me ...

Comment

Originally posted by FDNY99 View Post
          A friend of mine actually played at UNH from 94-96, a CT kid to boot ! Good luck to you guys too...As for that Hartford thing...it is a VERY sore subject with me ...
          Todd Hall - class kid, really good player, caught in "Count" Cedorchuck's numbers game at BC, and landed in UNH's lap. Boy I miss those days. Especially the "BC in the basement" part ...
          Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
          Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by HawkStar12 View Post
            Because aspiring to be national champions is ludicrous. Especially from a guy who has won four already. How dare he? Who would want to play for a guy so crazy? "Coach I came here to be mediocre, what gives?"
            Told y'all this was coming ... yup, Cav = Belichick, York = Parcells. The whispering campaign began today.

Comment

Tyler Kelleher invited to Devils Development Camp;

http://devils.nhl.com/club/m_page.htm?id=106275
              Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                RE: Cavanaugh. Rookie mistake by a rookie coach.
                Clearly likes and expresses support for his former assistant... gets thrown under the bus by some folks.
                It's the reason most coach's lips are zipped regarding all subjects. Cavanaugh will learn to zip them up as well.
                Then those same folks will be complaining about their 'right to know'.
                But that's not the whole of it. Nobody would complain about expressing support. However, IF the coach-in-waiting thing is true, it's not his news to break. He says he has a good relationship with Dick, and then potentially messes with the dynamics in Dick's office. That won't win him any friends in Durham or around the rest of HE as his peers estimate his level of "trustworthiness."
                Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Aerman View Post
                  But that's not the whole of it. Nobody would complain about expressing support. However, IF the coach-in-waiting thing is true, it's not his news to break. He says he has a good relationship with Dick, and then potentially messes with the dynamics in Dick's office. That won't win him any friends in Durham or around the rest of HE as his peers estimate his level of "trustworthiness."
                  That's the problem with print. You don't know if that comment was in jest, serious, sarcastic... whatever. There is no body language to see, no smile or frown, no eye contact. You have no idea the context of that quote. Neither do I. Only Chuck does. Chuck knows everything.

You may be right, you may be wrong. Rookie head coach... he'll learn.
                  As for slamming they guy... he's been in Hockey East for 20 years, and you guys are just coming out with this crap? Where ya been?
                  'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Mike Souza is now listed as a coach on the UNH website:
                    http://unhwildcats.com/sports/mice/coaches/index

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                      That's the problem with print. You don't know if that comment was in jest, serious, sarcastic... whatever. There is no body language to see, no smile or frown, no eye contact. You have no idea the context of that quote. Neither do I. Only Chuck does. Chuck knows everything.

You may be right, you may be wrong. Rookie head coach... he'll learn.
                      As for slamming they guy... he's been in Hockey East for 20 years, and you guys are just coming out with this crap? Where ya been?
                      That's the joy of being the head guy, you're accountable for it all, the good, the bad, the ugly!

And yes, In Chuck We Trust.
                      Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

Originally posted by New Hampshire 'Cats Fan View Post
                        Welcome Coach Souza. What, no 'like buttton' for NH
                        'Cats Fan's post? Oh ya, it's not FB...
                        Last edited by HockeyRef; 07-09-2015, 10:18 PM.
                        Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by New Hampshire 'Cats Fan View Post
                          Hey, Stewie is still second in the left-to-right, up-to-down matrix. At least he's got that going for him.

FiveHole12 ... you seem better than falling back on the "maybe it was in jest/sarcasm" defense. Really?? How "funny" would Cav think it was if Buckley's previous employer spilled the beans on his pending hire by UConn, when discussions with the program or university may have been at a sensitive point? Or disclosed certain promises Cav may have made to Buckley that any current assistants might have felt were unfair to their seniority within the UConn program?? Does that *really* sound like a good time to be cracking wise???

If Cav was being sarcastic or talking in jest in any of his comments, I'd sincerely hope it was when he was telling the Courant or Chef Jox about how he was spawning the "Luce Canaan coaching tree", or gearing up for a D-1 title in Storrs.

If he wasn't such a ruthless, do-or-say-anything recruiter, I'm sure Coach York would have been rid of him sooner.

This league has needed a new "Walshy" for a decade plus now ... but at least Walshy had a freakin' personality.

Anyway ... hopefully to lighten the mood, I just came across this piece on the best D-1 hockey player I ever saw in person, who just retired a few weeks ago. Having read this, only reaffirms to me this was a truly special player AND person, Martin St. Louis

http://changingthegameproject.com/an...ts-role-model/

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                            Hey, Stewie is still second in the left-to-right, up-to-down matrix. At least he's got that going for him.

FiveHole12 ... you seem better than falling back on the "maybe it was in jest/sarcasm" defense. Really?? How "funny" would Cav think it was if Buckley's previous employer spilled the beans on his pending hire by UConn, when discussions with the program or university may have been at a sensitive point? Or disclosed certain promises Cav may have made to Buckley that any current assistants might have felt were unfair to their seniority within the UConn program?? Does that *really* sound like a good time to be cracking wise???

If Cav was being sarcastic or talking in jest in any of his comments, I'd sincerely hope it was when he was telling the Courant or Chef Jox about how he was spawning the "Luce Canaan coaching tree", or gearing up for a D-1 title in Storrs.

If he wasn't such a ruthless, do-or-say-anything recruiter, I'm sure Coach York would have been rid of him sooner.

This league has needed a new "Walshy" for a decade plus now ... but at least Walshy had a freakin' personality.

Anyway ... hopefully to lighten the mood, I just came across this piece on the best D-1 hockey player I ever saw in person, who just retired a few weeks ago. Having read this, only reaffirms to me this was a truly special player AND person, Martin St. Louis

http://changingthegameproject.com/an...ts-role-model/
                            Probably my favorite non-Bruin NHL player; I only saw him play once for UVM, in Worcester regional his senior year when they got knocked out by DU, I think. Hard to imagine scoring 273 points in four seasons of Div 1.

My favorite college players have been the short guys, Goumas, Kelleher, Gensler (Bentley).

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                              Probably my favorite non-Bruin NHL player; I only saw him play once for UVM, in Worcester regional his senior year when they got knocked out by DU, I think. Hard to imagine scoring 273 points in four seasons of Div 1.

My favorite college players have been the short guys, Goumas, Kelleher, Gensler (Bentley).
                              Haha throw in that Bentley player 😉. Echo your sentiments on the short players of course I'd add Mattie Willows to the list..Cool that Ty K got an invite to the B's camp. Snively65 bet you are excited for that long awaited UNH v Bentley game!?! 😄 That's at the 'Whitt?
                              Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                                Haha throw in that Bentley player 😉. Echo your sentiments on the short players of course I'd add Mattie Willows to the list..Cool that Ty K got an invite to the B's camp. Snively65 bet you are excited for that long awaited UNH v Bentley game!?! 😄 That's at the 'Whitt?
                                As if Umile ever would agree to play a game at the JAR. But, there are three other non-AHA teams coming to play at the JAR this season, which is a first.

Comment

Working...
                                X