Least Favorite Quotes/Comments on USCHO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Least Favorite Quotes/Comments on USCHO

Things are slow here, so I thought I would start a thread about your least favorite responses to posts on USCHO.

Personally, mine is "how is that hockey related?" I know we can get far afield here, but if someone posts something, it must be somewhat important to them. Telling someone that information about how a college's baseball team is inappropriate and directing them to a baseball forum is one of those, "Looks who's calling the kettle black," comments. We all bring up items tangential to DIII hockey because we feel they are of interest. Somebody from whatever college's hockey following is probably interested in how their baseball, football, soccer, lacrosse, quidditch team doing!
    Middlebury Hockey....The Greatest DIII Show on Skates

Re: Least Favorite Quotes/Comments on USCHO

No Squash?!?!?! (for Kash)
    Go 'Wick!

Comment

Originally posted by jerrynu26 View Post
      No Squash?!?!?! (for Kash)
      I've been here for over 6 years and never seen anyone post this
      http://www.patriottreeco.com

Comment

Originally posted by OSU2010 View Post
        Before your time son
        Remy Babineaux
        remyb616@gmail.com
        D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by OSU2010 View Post

About 4 or 5 years before your time!

Comment

Kash was a national god**** treasure, and I've always been heartened by the the general appreciation that the board has afforded him.
            Go Cards: win or lose, The Better Team.
            A Lot of (Sometimes Tainted) SUNYAC Championships
            A Handful of ECAC West Championships
            A Number of NCAA Appearances, Including Several Trips to the Final Four, Though Some of Them Don't Count
            Some National Championships:
            Women's (THIS YEAR, LAST YEAR, A Couple Years Back, '08, '07)
            Men's (Wow Look at the Time Pass, A While before That)

Comment

"You never played the game". This one really ****es me off. I have never claimed to play the game. That doesn't make my opinion or viewpoint (which I concede is a different viewpoint from a player) less valid!
              Steve
              Penn State Class of '95
              Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Mine is people who have never played the game and they give their opinions. (kidding of course...)
                LETS GO BEARS!

"Never play flag football in the nude"-Bob Kevoian

"Don't let anyone tell you what we do builds character, it only reveals it." J.Marsh

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Mike St. Louis is not a BUM!

Comment

I played hockey at Clarkson
                  Intramurals but who's counting?
                  Last edited by joecct; 06-12-2015, 08:16 PM.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Saints17 View Post
                    Mine is people who have never played the game and they give their opinions. (kidding of course...)
                    That's RIT's fault
                    Larry Normandin
                    SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                    WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

It used to be most thing Kash posted, but this post itself just jumped to the top of my list. Just because something is interesting to you, does not make it interesting to anyone else. A school's baseball team, chess team, new computer lab equipment has nothing to do with the hockey team or D-III hockey.

I come here to follow the teams, games, and D-III hockey in general. Notes about the basketball team have as much purpose here as posting the price of milk at the grocery store. It is arrogant to subject everyone following the forum to that type of spam or then justifying it just because YOU find it interesting.

And this forum is D-III men's hockey. If one cared about the women's side of things, they would go to the women's column. Keep the women's hockey topics, and score updates to that forum. Then everyone who cares about them can see them and the rest of us don't have to listen to the drivel..

Originally posted by neumyer View Post

Telling someone that information about how a college's baseball team is inappropriate and directing them to a baseball forum is one of those .... We all bring up items tangential to DIII hockey because we feel they are of interest. Somebody from whatever college's hockey following is probably interested in how their baseball, football, soccer, lacrosse, quidditch team doing!
                      Last edited by Casual Poster; 07-06-2015, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Casual Poster View Post
                        It used to be most thing Kash posted, but this post itself just jumped to the top of my list. Just because something is interesting to you, does not make it interesting to anyone else. A school's baseball team, chess team, new computer lab equipment has nothing to do with the hockey team or D-III hockey.

I come here to follow the teams, games, and D-III hockey in general. Notes about the basketball team have as much purpose here as posting the price of milk at the grocery store. It is arrogant to subject everyone following the forum to that type of spam or then justifying it just because YOU find it interesting.

And this forum is D-III men's hockey. If one cared about the women's side of things, they would go to the women's column. Keep the women's hockey topics, and score updates to that forum. Then everyone who cares about them can see them and the rest of us don't have to listen to the drivel..
                        What does your post have to do with hockey
                        2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                        2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                        2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                        2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

I like to view this less as a place specifically for discussion about Men's DIII Hockey and more as a place for discussion amongst those with a common interest in DIII Men's Hockey. If some within that classification of people share other interests that are loosely related to DIII Men's Hockey (such as other sports teams at institutions that play DIII Men's Hockey, or NC$$ administration in general), they should be free to discuss them as well.

Anyone not interested in those side conversations is free to ignore them. If they choose not to ignore the side conversations, and would prefer to make a big deal a out it not being DIII Men's Hockey, they can feel free to leave this forum and come back when they have matured.
                          Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                          SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                          ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                          NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                          NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                          NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                          NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
                            I like to view this less as a place specifically for discussion about Men's DIII Hockey and more as a place for discussion amongst those with a common interest in DIII Men's Hockey. If some within that classification of people share other interests that are loosely related to DIII Men's Hockey (such as other sports teams at institutions that play DIII Men's Hockey, or NC$$ administration in general), they should be free to discuss them as well.

Anyone not interested in those side conversations is free to ignore them. If they choose not to ignore the side conversations, and would prefer to make a big deal a out it not being DIII Men's Hockey, they can feel free to leave this forum and come back when they have matured.
                            Now back to your regularly scheduled program

Comment

If you dare attempt to say that discussing the quality (or lack thereof) of hot, soft pretzels in a school's rink is not appropriate, I will have you banned from the Internet for life.
                              Russell Jaslow
                              [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                              U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Working...
                              X