X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
    Spreadsheet has been updated.

Also, I have added another marker for players who have committed to the new staff (since we had the indicator for the previous staff in there as well.)
    Also need to remove Sundberg from what I've been told.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting Vol. XXXIV: Go pick me out a winner, Strand

Originally posted by Almington View Post
      I'll pull him once I see the confirmation, but it wouldn't shock me.
      Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post

JD Greenway just tweeted that he is going to be a Badger.
        I was worried about him not signing. With DG on the staff, in my head UW had to be the odds on favorite to land him. I would have been bummed if he had not put on the cardinal and white.

I would have taken Astren and Sunburg had they been upgrades to the current roster.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Wonder if anyone has had a conversation with Greenway's d partner from the U18 world championships....the tourneys "best defenseman" winner who is not bound by a national letter of intent?

Comment

Well, Osiecki did say "recruits in town" when he tweeted on Saturday. Gotta figure we'll hear about more than Greenway in the coming days.

Comment

Is Greenway a significant (and immediate) improvement over Astren?

Where was Sunberg in terms of talent-level, blue chippah, solid, project? For about the past 2-3 years I've barely perused articles on incoming recruits (that all changes now w/TG of course)
              Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                Is Greenway a significant (and immediate) improvement over Astren?

Where was Sunberg in terms of talent-level, blue chippah, solid, project? For about the past 2-3 years I've barely perused articles on incoming recruits (that all changes now w/TG of course)
                Based on the things I've seen Greenway is a bit more highly regarded than Astren. Of course, I haven't seen either of them play so I can't speak with any authority on the subject.

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                  Solid 2nd or 3rd line 4-yr forward. Good size and some potential scoring upside. He's someone that the staff will be able to replace with someone of there choosing in the next class.

Comment

Greenway is #121 in Central Scouting's final rating for North American Skaters. I don't believe Astren in rated by Central Scouting. From a pro potential standpoint, that would mean Greenway is probably a late round (5-7th round) draft pick while Astren is likely undrafted. Heisenberg recruiting list has Greenway as #85 on his USHL list while Astren is #224. I don't think Heisenberg is particularly in depth as far as evaluating and ranking guys....but his list is generally in order from top guys on down. Heisenberg lists Sundberg as #40 on the NAHL list (NAHL is generally speaking a significant step down from USHL as a college feeder league).

As far as precollege ranking/ratings Greenway is a significant upgrade over Astren and Sundberg is not a highly regarded can't miss blue chippah. All that said, none of this ultimately means anything on who will be impactful players at the college level.

Comment

• Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                      Based on the things I've seen Greenway is a bit more highly regarded than Astren. Of course, I haven't seen either of them play so I can't speak with any authority on the subject.
                      Thanks!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

• Originally posted by Almington View Post
                        Solid 2nd or 3rd line 4-yr forward. Good size and some potential scoring upside. He's someone that the staff will be able to replace with someone of there choosing in the next class.
                        Thanks for the info, I'm very excited to see how the recruiting progresses under G2O.

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                          Thanks for the info, I'm very excited to see how the recruiting progresses under G2O.
                          Greenway had 12 PIM vs. the UND F-ing Hawks this year. What more do we need to know?

Actually, I love this kid. He's the 11th highest rated draft eligible D entering college hockey in the fall and his stock is rising after his performance on the USA U18 top pair at the Worlds. I'm going to say he won't make it past the 4th round. 6'4" 205 at 18 with just a ton of raw talent. Has some work to do under heavy pressure, but he's going to walk right into the top 4 and working under Oz here, the sky is the limit for him. Perfect fit for what we need. Just a fantastic get this late in the year.

My best guess is that the staff will try to add one more D if they can. I'm right on the same page with markwojo in that Harvard commit Adam Fox would be a dream get.

Somehow pull out another rabbit and add either Fox, or Dennis Cholowski and the Badgers will be back right now.
                          Originally posted by WiscTJK
                          I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                          Originally posted by Timothy A
                          Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post
                            Anybody you know have anything to say about Carson Vance?
                            Originally posted by WiscTJK
                            I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                            Originally posted by Timothy A
                            Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by markwojo View Post
                              Greenway is #121 in Central Scouting's final rating for North American Skaters. I don't believe Astren in rated by Central Scouting. From a pro potential standpoint, that would mean Greenway is probably a late round (5-7th round) draft pick while Astren is likely undrafted. Heisenberg recruiting list has Greenway as #85 on his USHL list while Astren is #224. I don't think Heisenberg is particularly in depth as far as evaluating and ranking guys....but his list is generally in order from top guys on down. Heisenberg lists Sundberg as #40 on the NAHL list (NAHL is generally speaking a significant step down from USHL as a college feeder league).

As far as precollege ranking/ratings Greenway is a significant upgrade over Astren and Sundberg is not a highly regarded can't miss blue chippah. All that said, none of this ultimately means anything on who will be impactful players at the college level.
                              Astren is 20 years of age and played with soon to be first round pick Olli Juolevi on a really good Jokerit team most of last year, Greenway is a great get (the type of recruit Clarkson can't get) but Astren is still a good player that has consistently improved his game year in year out, he took the step to come to North America and get acclimated to the style of play before spending four years at a North American school (Smart move that will only help). Greenway is the type of recruit who will instantly help but will have his fair share of issues just like Astren will at Clarkson but in terms of knowing who a blue chip recruit is that can't be told until they step on the ice. Will be interesting to see JD come back to his hometown late in October, not going to be a easy roadtrip I can guarantee that.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                                Anybody you know have anything to say about Carson Vance?
                                I think Vance's Twitter feed used to say he was a UW commit (can't remember for sure, but think he had it on there). His Twitter feed does not currently mention that he is a UW commit. I would guess he will not be a Badger.

Comment

Working...
                                X