X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting Vol. XXXIV: Go pick me out a winner, Strand

Originally posted by IndianaBadger1995 View Post
    Does anybody know if Jack Berry will be pushing Jurusik for the starting spot?
    I'd like to think so. Pretty stellar regular season .929 sv% that tied for tops in the the NAHL. So far he received the nod in the playoffs over Mich St. recruit Spencer Wright with whom he split time during the season. He's a year older than Matt and about the same size. On the other hand, I hope Matt works so hard over the summer that he's very tough to knock out of the job.
    Originally posted by WiscTJK
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
    Originally posted by Timothy A
    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by GBBadger14 View Post
        Nice to see Trent Frederic with the Hat trick plus an assist!

Comment

On the D list I posted above I updated Erich Fear, who has signed his LOI to DU.

I heard rumors recently that perhaps Dennis Chowlowski could be pried away from St. Cloud. By 'rumor' I mean probably totally unfounded speculation by someone that somehow managed to get repeated. However the Cloudies do return all but one D from a very good team, so I suppose there could be something to it. At any rate, here's a brief story on him: http://globalnews.ca/video/2642746/d...y-in-nhl-draft

If there's any possibility at all we should probably have a charter plane to Chilliwack standing by for Oz during any Ice Hog elimination games.
          I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
            There are a dozen or so committed top D prospects out there that have yet to sign NLI's as far as I can tell, but which, if any, are on the radar is something I'd really love to find out.

So i take it Wisconsin doesn't adhere to the gentleman's agreement regarding verbals?
            "The top three worst things I've seen in hockey? The invention of the trap. The invention of the morning skate. And the invention of the extremely ugly uniform."

—Brett Hull

Comment

Originally posted by eye4talent View Post
              So i take it Wisconsin doesn't adhere to the gentleman's agreement regarding verbals?
              Well, technically we don't have a head coach so it's hard to say positively. With Tony though, I feel fairly sure they will have a policy of calling on players up to the NLI.

I believe it was after the 2014 coaches meeting that Mike Eaves indicated he would more of less recruit to the NLI. Not that surprising with the number of de-commits he suffered, I suppose.
              I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Yeah, we're still pretty far in the red when it comes to verbals backing out for other options.
                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Now that TG is in the house, what are the odds he makes a few moves on the recruiting front? I think it's very hard to step into a young player's life totally cold can flip a guy who has not signed on the dotted line. Life is all about relationships, recruiting is about relationships. The big plus is DG has some of those relationships with guys he's coached, though it's not a large group numerically.
                  Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                  "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                  Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

I think that we have to face reality that the 2016-17 team is going to be comprised of the returning players plus the already signed recruits. Get those players to buy into the vision of the staff and start building a culture of winning. It's going to be interesting to see who steps up as leaders going forward.

The 2017-18 recruiting class is where the coaches need to be focused. if they can start landing the best 5 forwards and best 2 defensemen for the system they want to run, that's how they are going to get this program back in the winning track.

Comment

Jere Astren has committed to Clarkson; I believe he was released from his LOI after coaching change.

Comment

I have removed Astren.

JD Greenway just tweeted that he is going to be a Badger.
                        Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

JD Greenway is going to be a Badger!

Edit: I mean what gwhinwi said.
                          I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Spreadsheet has been updated.

Also, I have added another marker for players who have committed to the new staff (since we had the indicator for the previous staff in there as well.)
                            Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post
                              I think that we have to face reality that the 2016-17 team is going to be comprised of the returning players plus the already signed recruits.

Or not.
                              I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

This is HUUUUUUUGE for the Badgers!

That million+ a year already seems worth it.
                                I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Working...
                                X