This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sweatpants View Post
    Can't do that. That would be a recruiting violation. Fabbro has to initiate contact.
    Sort of like how Patrick Wiercioch "initiated" contact with Denver?

In all seriousness, though, if a kid was considering backing out and had interest in UW before, it's not u reasonable to think that he might have given Don G a heads up.
    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting Vol. XXXIV: Go pick me out a winner, Strand

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
      Sort of like how Patrick Wiercioch "initiated" contact with Denver?

In all seriousness, though, if a kid was considering backing out and had interest in UW before, it's not u reasonable to think that he might have given Don G a heads up.

He means technically Justin Schultz (or any other "booster") can't call Fabbro and tell him to come to UW. Don can call Fabbro up until Monday however, and of course if interested Fabbro could call Justin with any questions about the staff, etc. Have to be careful with that stuff but I think it can all be arranged.

Edit: It's possible Schultz's relationship with Fabbro could predate his recruitment, so it could be a bit hazy as to how ok contact is. And also "arranged" is a bad word because it can't really be "arranged" by UW coaches, but I think we understand the gist.
      Last edited by Wisko McBadgerton; 04-09-2016, 03:05 PM.
      Originally posted by WiscTJK
      I'm with Wisko and Tim.
      Originally posted by Timothy A
      Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

I think Fabbro has signed his NLI with BU.
        WISCONSIN BADGERS
        NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
        WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
        WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
        B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
        Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
          I think Fabbro has signed his NLI with BU.
          You know, it's funny, Heisenberg lists him as signing, but BU blogs, etc. don't have any reports of him actually signing. And I can't find Quinn ever talking about him, so I'm really not so sure he did yet?
          I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Obviously moot point if he has in fact signed.
            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Ok, it's confirmed Fabbro has definitely signed.

It's not entirely moot though because if, as I assume is always the case, the staff just blindly acts on my every whim we could still get a recruiting violation. So there's that!

Just give me a few minutes and I'll come up with some more wild speculation.
              I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Big day tomorrow as NLI signing opens up. I think we believe these guys have already signed:

Forwards-- Martin Sundberg, Max Zimmer, Dan Labosky.

Defense--Tony Stillwell, Matt Berkovitz, Jere Astren

And unsigned commits that I believe would be technically eligible for school in the fall:

Forwards-- Trent Frederic, Tarek Baker, Jack Becker, Grant Cruikshank, Trenton Bliss.

Defense- Carson Vance, Adam Parsells.

Will there be some other surprise out there? Who knows? Probably not yet, but perhaps we'll at least get the first inkling of the direction G2O is headed in by Thursday.
                I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Tyler Jette is a dman with upside I could see going to you and developing into a player the Gophers wish they had. Wyatt Aamodt is another name but I'm guessing he'd like to end up UMD.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                    Tyler Jette is a dman with upside I could see going to you and developing into a player the Gophers wish they had. Wyatt Aamodt is another name but I'm guessing he'd like to end up UMD.
                    What are you waiting for? Shoot Oz a tweet.
                    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Are GGO really going to take players who haven't signed NLIs like Astren and Vance, I feel as if they haven't made it binding then they'll tell those kids to look elsewhere. Just to note James (JD) Greenway does struggle with his academics so it'll be interesting to see where he lands

Comment

Originally posted by techtodenver View Post
                        Are GGO really going to take players who haven't signed NLIs like Astren and Vance, I feel as if they haven't made it binding then they'll tell those kids to look elsewhere. Just to note James (JD) Greenway does struggle with his academics so it'll be interesting to see where he lands
                        Your guess is as good as anybody's at this point. It's been reported that Jere Astren signed last fall. I think Strand and Eaves offered Vance a spot because he can really skate, but it seems he's perhaps been a bit slow to adjust this year. Berkovitz has also signed but has gone from a touted top prospect to more of just a steady USHL player by all reports I've seen. 3 or probably 4 D have to come in. How they are going to sort them out, and who or how they're going to add, I have no clue.

There are a dozen or so committed top D prospects out there that have yet to sign NLI's as far as I can tell, but which, if any, are on the radar is something I'd really love to find out.
                        I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

So here's college eligible Defensemen on the NHLCS top 200 North American skaters draft list from high to low, where they're committed, and if Heisenberg shows them signing a NLI yet. Some more have I'm sure, so feel free to check them out and see if you can find signings and I'll update it. (So Donny doesn't waste time with the wrong guys, of course.)

Cholowski, Dennis --Chilliwack -- St Cloud St.

Lindgren, Ryan-- USA U-18-- MN signed

Fox, Adam --USA U-18-- Harvard

Krys, Chad--USA U-18 --BU signed

Peeke, Andrew--Green Bay-- Notre Dame signed

Luce, Griffin--USA U-18-- UMICH signed

Cairns, Matthew --Georgetown- CORNELL

Ryczek, Jake--Waterloo-- Providence signed

Pasichnuk, Brinson --Bonnyville-- ASU signed

Johnson, Kenneth --SSM prep-- UMICH

Greenway, James--USA U-18-- uncommitted

Eliot, Mitchell--Muskegon-- Mich St. signed

McInnis, Luke-- Youngstown-- BC

Karashik, Adam--Avon Farms HS-- UConn

Fear, Erich --Springfield-- DU signed

Staum, Casey--Hill-Murray HS-- UNO

Perunovich, Scott --Hibbing/Chisholm HS-- UMD

Grant, Owen--Carleton Place-- Vermont

Matthews, Brian --Belmont Hill HS-- Yale

Clurman, Nathan--Culver Academy HS-- Notre Dame

Campoli, Michael--USA U-18-- BC

Rossini, Samuel--Waterloo-- MN signed

Russell, Rourke--Wichita Falls-- UMiami
                          Last edited by Wisko McBadgerton; 04-21-2016, 06:49 AM.
                          I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                            In which case, there's always Minny. Nyuk nyuk.
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRefK846dd0

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                              Greenway, James--USA U-18-- uncommitted

Comment

Does anybody know if Jack Berry will be pushing Jurusik for the starting spot?

Comment

Working...
                                X