This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting Vol. XXXIV: Go pick me out a winner, Strand

I've thought for some time that if we're dreaming of stealing away D for this fall that either Harvard's Adam Fox or John Marino would be a giant coup. Very unlikely. But speaking of Harvard I see Ty Pelton-Byce who committed to UMASS a couple months ago has now switched to Harvard.

I would expect the triumvirate is putting a full court press on Greenway. One thing that I forgot about is that he was drafted by Plymouth in the CHL which is now of course the Flint Firebirds, who are a complete mess. Their owner, Rolf Nilsen was just suspended by the league for 5 years along with other penalties being issued. Unless he's traded, ( a good possibility I suppose) it seems much more likely now that J.D. goes to NCAA. Most likely to BU with his brother, but one never knows.
    Originally posted by WiscTJK
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
    Originally posted by Timothy A
    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/usa-...-for-2016-2017

WI-based players on next year's U-17

Ty Emberson (D | Eau Claire | "Uncommitted")
      Spencer Stastney (D | Mequon | Notre Dame)
      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Only a handful on that team are uncommitted at this point:
        Ullan - G from Minnesota
        Emberson - D from Wisconsin
        King - D from Arizona
        Miller - D from Minnesota
        Middendorf - F from Arizona

You have to think that the kids from Arizona are going to get a lot of pressure to go to ASU. That leaves 3 left from WI and MN.

And wow, I'm starting to feel old. all of these kids were born after I graduated high school.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
          Post script to the Boeser,Schmaltz, Butcher, etc.

Boeser with an excellent dish to setup the opening goal, Butcher with a pretty wrister into the net off of a faceoff.
          *sigh*
          "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
            *sigh*
            *sigh* to the 1000th power. Snap out of it! That was then, this is now! All hail G2O1 (Granato squared, Oz to the 1st power for those who aren't mathies.)!
            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Yeah. Can't have it both ways. All those guys come in and Mike is the probably the coach for 10 more years. So to me, you kind of have to pick which way you'd prefer it to be going forward.

I've asked around a lot as to what people think about this fall, and the consensus seems to be that the staff will press hard to add players even though the window is slim. So that probably means either Ivies, or other committed players that haven't signed an NLI yet. You might especially look to players that had Wisconsin on their short list before choosing another school. To me that suggests one superstar in particular that committed elsewhere last October. Any guesses as to who I have in mind?

Might help if Detroit loses today and gets knocked out of the playoffs this weekend I suppose. Really have to get moving as I believe NLI signing opens up next Wednesday.
              I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                Yeah. Can't have it both ways. All those guys come in and Mike is the probably the coach for 10 more years. So to me, you kind of have to pick which way you'd prefer it to be going forward.
                Doesn't do a lot to take the sting off, but it's better than nothing.

I've asked around a lot as to what people think about this fall, and the consensus seems to be that the staff will press hard to add players even though the window is slim. So that probably means either Ivies, or other committed players that haven't signed an NLI yet. You might especially look to players that had Wisconsin on their short list before choosing another school. To me that suggests one superstar in particular that committed elsewhere last October. Any guesses as to who I have in mind?
                Fabbro? Jost?

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

Fabbro? Jost?
                  Good luck... Watched Greenway last night. He's raw, but definitely could be a solid D1 dman. Could see you taking him.

Comment

Doesn't do a lot to take the sting off, but it's better than nothing.

Fabbro? Jost?
                    Well, it occurred to me that Fabbro would almost have to be the first call for Oz and Donny. Or second I guess. Ron Vincent (the managing partner for Penticton) was at the coaches introduction so they wouldn't have to call him, but they could possibly call Justin Schultz and ask him to intervene as well, since Justin played for Oz and is also a big idol of Fabbro's. It's obviously super hard to turn someone from a commitment, but it seems he's one guy for which they'd have to pull out all the stops and try to get him back to Wisconsin. It's probably a long shot but it's not impossible they could get him to reconsider given the dramatic changes.

Recruiting dead period from Monday until Thursday to give commits a chance to sign NLI's on Wednesday. Whatever they are trying to do with committed guys, they're almost done doing it.
                    I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Good thing we had Don on the trail right away.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                        Good luck... Watched Greenway last night. He's raw, but definitely could be a solid D1 dman. Could see you taking him.
                        Greenway seems to have all the raw material in the world. Unfortunately a little bird mentioned to me that there could possibly be an academic issue there as far as UW goes. Nothing definite though.
                        I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                          *sigh* to the 1000th power. Snap out of it! That was then, this is now! All hail G2O1 (Granato squared, Oz to the 1st power for those who aren't mathies.)!
                          What is that, Digranatomonozide?

It's not quite the right order, but I'm leaning towards referring to them as OGG.

Comment

Good thing we had Don on the trail right away.
                            Gentlemen's agreement? Sorry, I'm new. Never heard of it.
                            I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                              ... there could possibly be an academic issue there as far as UW goes. Nothing definite though.
                              In which case, there's always Minny. Nyuk nyuk.

Comment

but they could possibly call Justin Schultz and ask him to intervene as well, since Justin played for Oz and is also a big idol of Fabbro's.
                                Can't do that. That would be a recruiting violation. Fabbro has to initiate contact.

Comment

Working...
                                X