This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
    but he is the best face off man on the team, so he won't be sitting IMO. Plus his physical presence is needed.
    Faceoff numbers were average at best this year. Every big hit he had was 5 and a game.
    WISCONSIN BADGERS
    NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
    WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
    WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
    B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
    Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

• Originally posted by DPlaya View Post
      Kunin-Hughes-Besse
      Wagner-Malone-Zimmer
      Freytag-Rockwood-Frederic
      Baker-Soleway-Johnson

Last line may include good penalty killers as well...

Wow...
      Now this looks good.
      WISCONSIN BADGERS
      WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting Vol. XXXIV: Go pick me out a winner, Strand

Soleway just wasn't the same after he got injured in December. I love Jed but he has a lot of work to do to get back in the top of the line up this fall.

I see Frederic centering the second line and Wags the third even though Wags is one of the six best F's.

Thing is there's going to be a ton of competition for spots and we're going to sit a capable forward every week. The next 6 months is huge for these guys. A guy like Freytag, who I like a lot because he converts chances and always puts shots on net could come back and get slotted in the top six and score 15-20 next year, or he could be down the line up or even out. Nice to have that problem again.
        Originally posted by WiscTJK
        I'm with Wisko and Tim.
        Originally posted by Timothy A
        Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
          Faceoff numbers were average at best this year. Every big hit he had was 5 and a game.
          he had 2 major penalties all year. Agree he took too many penalties, though.

You're wrong on faceoffs and I went to every game and found stats. He was 210-358 or 59%. Rest of team was under 47% overall. That's not average at best.
          gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
            he had 2 major penalties all year. Agree he took too many penalties, though.

You're wrong on faceoffs and I went to every game and found stats. He was 210-358 or 59%. Rest of team was under 47% overall. That's not average at best.
            Soleway was 15th in the nation in Faceoff %.

Edit: 9th among guys with at least 200 FW and 3rd in the B1G under the same criteria. He's pretty good at it.
            Last edited by Wisko McBadgerton; 04-01-2016, 01:22 PM.
            I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
              Soleway was 15th in the nation in Faceoff %.
              where did you get that statistic?
              gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                where did you get that statistic?
                Here you go: http://collegehockeyinc.com/stats/filters16.php

You have to mess around with it a bit, but most of anything you want to know is available there. For example if Jed converted shots to goals at the same rate Austin Cangelosi does, Eaves would probably still have a job.
                I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Both Soleway and Davison at -22, that has to be fixed.

Comment

We need to start a new recruiting thread, vol II - "When we bring them in and they leave, we'll find another one"

One of the badger "old timers" here at the forum should start that.

Comment

Originally posted by oldicecoach View Post
                      Both Soleway and Davison at -22, that has to be fixed.
                      Are whole defense needs to be fixed. Once this happens, we will see what type of goalie we have.

We have the depth a forward, Soleway can just be sat if no improvements happen.

I would imagine every players +/- was awful the past two years.

I think the transformation of this team is going to take no more then 2 years.

I can't remember who has the links to the recruiting breakdown over the next few years. Can someone post that again? Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by bucky15 View Post
                        Are whole defense needs to be fixed. Once this happens, we will see what type of goalie we have.

We have the depth a forward, Soleway can just be sat if no improvements happen.

I would imagine every players +/- was awful the past two years.

I think the transformation of this team is going to take no more then 2 years.

I can't remember who has the links to the recruiting breakdown over the next few years. Can someone post that again? Thanks!
                        Those things have to be fixed, but you can replace the +/- column with a bunch of smiley faces and it would be about as useful. (Things get different when talking about entire units of players and teams' goal differentials.)

Comment

Which recruits have signed LOI's?

I think Berkovitz has and Frederic has not if I remember correctly.

How about Baker, Sundberg, Zimmer, Astren, Stillwell and Vance?

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                            Those things have to be fixed, but you can replace the +/- column with a bunch of smiley faces and it would be about as useful. (Things get different when talking about entire units of players and teams' goal differentials.)
                            +/- might not have much value over a weekend series, but it is significant at the end of a season. Especially when a player is -10 greater than the rest of the team.

Comment

• Originally posted by DPlaya View Post
                              Which recruits have signed LOI's?

I think Berkovitz has and Frederic has not if I remember correctly.

How about Baker, Sundberg, Zimmer, Astren, Stillwell and Vance?
                              Sundberg, Berkovitz, Zimmer, Astren, Labosky, and Stillwell have.
                              WISCONSIN BADGERS

Comment

Originally posted by DPlaya View Post
                                Kunin-Hughes-Besse
                                Wagner-Malone-Zimmer
                                Freytag-Rockwood-Frederic
                                Baker-Soleway-Johnson

Last line may include good penalty killers as well...

Wow...
                                That is actually a pretty deep lineup there. My concern is the D. I'm just not sure the talent is there. Bittner/Strand didn't improve much over Shuchuk/Walsh, I'm not convinced the the regime will be able to improve these guys that much.
                                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Working...
                                X