X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting Vol. XXXIV: Go pick me out a winner, Strand

Originally posted by Ice Bisquit View Post
    I hope so. He seems like a good kid and, as much as we want (need) him to be great, Jurusik has been at best average over the course of the season.
    I think Jurusik has all the chops to be a good goalie. He probably would have benefited greatly from another year of Juniors but obviously that wasn't possible. His biggest problem is just what they keep saying, that he shrinks back into the goal instead of challenging. Kloos' SHG is a great example if you rewatch it. He's almost under the cross bar when Kloos shoots. Other than that he's big, athletic, generally calm and has been really outstanding at times. If Berry is even on equal footing coming in, I think we'll be in decent shape going forward.
    Originally posted by WiscTJK
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
    Originally posted by Timothy A
    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Will zimmer play for Eaves?

Will Frederic still come to Madison?

Sorry for the negativity but this weekend was a total disgrace and you have to wonder if more kids may bolt
      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
        It's not as juicy as it seems. He's got 14 pts in 25 games in his 2nd year in the USHL. And he's originally from Verona.

And no, the rodents can't have Zimmer. At this point he may be a one and done.
        Don't look now Tim...Tarek Baker has 15 points (10 g, 5 a) in his last 9 games (with points in each one) dating back to December 30th and now has 29 points (15g, 14 a) in 35 games, good for 20th in points in the USHL.
        Last edited by DPlaya; 01-27-2016, 12:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DPlaya View Post
          Don't look now Tim...Tarek Baker has 15 points (10 g, 5 a) in his last 9 games (with points in each one) dating back to December 30th and now has 29 points (15g, 14 a) in 35 games, good for 20th in points in the USHL.
          When he gets to a point a game, give me a call. Seriously, awesome, good for him (and UW).

I too wonder out-loud if UW will lose anyone once the axe falls. UW will probably lose some guys who will make re-tooling even harder, but it will a short term hit that will benefit the long term health of the program.
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Looks like Carson Vance, a defenseman currently playing in the USHL for Dubuque has committed for next year. He currently has 2 goals and 4 assists with Dubuque this year.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerHockey9 View Post
              Looks like Carson Vance, a defenseman currently playing in the USHL for Dubuque has committed for next year. He currently has 2 goals and 4 assists with Dubuque this year.
              Interesting. haven't seen anything on Twitter (his account) or on the recruiting sites stating he committed. Where did you see the commitment?
              Last edited by gwhinwi; 01-28-2016, 10:12 AM.
              Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Elite prospects website has him listed. Plus JB Bittiner follows him on Twitter;. Which I have noticed when he follows a prospect, they usually officially commit shortly after.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerHockey9 View Post
                  Elite prospects website has him listed. Plus JB Bittiner follows him on Twitter;. Which I have noticed when he follows a prospect, they usually officially commit shortly after.
                  I see the confirmation on the Saints site. I'll add him to the spreadsheet.

Comment

Seriously how many teams are you going to field next year?

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                      It is geting nuts. There are 35 players committed to the team for next year at this point. Crazy stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                        It is geting nuts. There are 35 players committed to the team for next year at this point. Crazy stuff.
                        You're kidding right... Can you send the link? NVM found it.

If Zimmer really did get pushed behind Becker (can't see it happening), he might as well just come to the U next year because we still need one or two.
                        Last edited by Bonin21; 01-28-2016, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                          We've decided to get to a 16 win season by fielding 4 teams to get 4 wins each!

Comment

Originally posted by RedStripes View Post
                            We've decided to get to a 16 win season by fielding 4 teams to get 4 wins each!
                            By scheduling each other?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                              By scheduling each other?
                              And Arizona State. And some D-III lacrosse teams. And the remaining season ticket holders.
                              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                                How many of those players actually belong on a respectable D1 roster?

Comment

Working...
                                X