X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting Vol. XXXIV: Go pick me out a winner, Strand

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
    Jost has eliminated Wisconsin. Down to North Dakota and Denver.
    Another kick to the nuts, considering he was on the radar for over a year and the Vee's connections to WI. Do we have a shot at his team mate Dante Fabbro, (are we looking at him) or do you think he's bound for Seattle?
    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
      Another kick to the nuts, considering he was on the radar for over a year and the Vee's connections to WI. Do we have a shot at his team mate Dante Fabbro, (are we looking at him) or do you think he's bound for Seattle?
      Fabbro was always more likely to end up at Wisconsin than Jost. From what I've heard Jost didn't have the academic pedigree that Fabbro had and may not have been able to get into UW even if he wanted to. UW still in the race for Fabbro but the new staff is going to have to play catch up. Fabbro will be NCAA bound.

Comment

Fabbro and Jost both soon to be Sioux

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnieb View Post
          If Fabbro goes anywhere in ncaa other than UW and the staff had better bring in the next coming of chelios or suter cause this kid should have been a lock by now. Not to mention I'm absolutely ****ing tired of eaves losing recruits already.
          Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnieb View Post
            More likely they both end up at Denver than UND.

Comment

Just goes to show the ship is no where near turned around.....
              gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                Just goes to show the ship is no where near turned around.....
                Exactly. This crew has a ton of work ahead of them. And to be honest I think the well is poisoned with eaves at the helm. The recruit losses are mounting not abating and there's no chance to turn things around until they bring in stud recruits annually
                Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

[QUOTE=Chuck Schwartz;6172567]Fabbro was always more likely to end up at Wisconsin than Jost. From what I've heard Jost didn't have the academic pedigree that Fabbro had and may not have been able to get into UW even if he wanted to. QUOTE]

Something is rotten in Denmark. If Jost can get into Denver, he should be able to get into UW. While I understand UW is a really really good school, DU is not some directional trade school.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                    Fabbro was always more likely to end up at Wisconsin than Jost. From what I've heard Jost didn't have the academic pedigree that Fabbro had and may not have been able to get into UW even if he wanted to. UW still in the race for Fabbro but the new staff is going to have to play catch up. Fabbro will be NCAA bound.
                    Interesting. I thought Denver and Wisconsin were comparable academically. We all know North Dakota runs a mercenary program.

Comment

Originally posted by markwojo View Post

Something is rotten in Denmark. If Jost can get into Denver, he should be able to get into UW. While I understand UW is a really really good school, DU is not some directional trade school.
                      DU is a very good school, but acceptance rate is about 77% and as a private institution they can actually accept anyone they want to. Admissions at DU specifically take a "holistic" approach and I'd guess being a world class Lacrosse or Hockey player is, on it's own, given some strong consideration. Public schools generally have to apply standards more uniformly.

Not saying your wrong though. But really my understanding has been that Fabbro has been very interested in UW all along and really the fact that he and Jost are good friends and team mates is more of what connected Jost to UW than anything Jost has done or said. I think we were really just hoping to somehow manage to steal a big extra bonus there. Always thought it was a bit of a long shot with Jost. Too bad though, kid is a great player from what I've seen of him.
                      Originally posted by WiscTJK
                      I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                      Originally posted by Timothy A
                      Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                        DU is a very good school, but acceptance rate is about 77% and as a private institution they can actually accept anyone they want to. Admissions at DU specifically take a "holistic" approach and I'd guess being a world class Lacrosse or Hockey player is, on it's own, given some strong consideration. Public schools generally have to apply standards more uniformly.

Not saying your wrong though. But really my understanding has been that Fabbro has been very interested in UW all along and really the fact that he and Jost are good friends and team mates is more of what connected Jost to UW than anything Jost has done or said. I think we were really just hoping to somehow manage to steal a big extra bonus there. Always thought it was a bit of a long shot with Jost. Too bad though, kid is a great player from what I've seen of him.
                        I think this sums it up nicely.

Comment

How did Heatley get in?

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                            How did Heatley get in?
                            Be serious. Heatley had 126 pts in 60 gp as a 17 yr. old in the AJHL. That gets you in anywhere.
                            Originally posted by WiscTJK
                            I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                            Originally posted by Timothy A
                            Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                              Be serious. Heatley had 126 pts in 60 gp as a 17 yr. old in the AJHL. That gets you in anywhere.
                              Based on the current squad, you should be treating Fabbro like a Heatley then.

Comment

Wisko can try to justify it anyway he wants, but the bottom line is the best recruits aren't coming to Wisconsin right now and haven't been for years, leading to 4 wins.

MM might have poisoned the waters so much that the program can't recover while he remains the head coach. I hope Strand and Bittner can help turn things around. That's all we got at this point....
                                gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Working...
                                X