This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting Vol. XXXIV: Go pick me out a winner, Strand

Not based on the articles and sites that I was looking at today.

Also, it seems to fill the classes more accurately as well (still 21 or 22 forwards for the next two years either way.)
    Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

• Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
      Not based on the articles and sites that I was looking at today.

Also, it seems to fill the classes more accurately as well (still 21 or 22 forwards for the next two years either way.)
      I don't know if you used it, but collegehockeyinc.com is generally the most accurate.
      WISCONSIN BADGERS
      NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
      WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
      WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
      B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
      Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

I used that one along with some of Chuck's reporting, and other sites that were detailing the years that they were set to enroll.

I'll keep making changes though as I see different info.
        Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

I'd be shocked if Max Zimmer wasn't coming in next year.

Have any of you from the Madison area seen Alec Semandel play lately? Any buzz on if UW might be interested? I see he is playing for the Capitols rather than the Mission this year.

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
            Just did a bunch of cleanup for the recruiting chart today by trying to firm up when some players will be enrolling.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...0oE/edit#gid=0
            Thanks for keeping track.

Out of the forwards next year, I think there are 4-6 players on the list that Eaves needs to have a tough chat with and let them know they are not part of the team anymore. 21/22 F's is way too many, I don't care how much "competition" is created in practice.

It won't surprise me if they go after another goalie that isn't a walk-on and part ways or move the back up to walk-on status. If Gabe G hasn't seen action yet with the current set up...he will most likely never see game action.

The main focus should be getting a big time D man to step in right away on a top pairing. Of course, that is easier said than done.

The top 6/9 F's for next year's team seems to be promising. Some exciting players.
            Last edited by bucky15; 12-31-2015, 07:19 AM.

Comment

Thought it was interesting to read in this article that Bittner recently was on a recruiting trip to Europe.

Comment

Originally posted by DPlaya View Post
                Thought it was interesting to read in this article that Bittner recently was on a recruiting trip to Europe.
                It was. One would think there's enough talent in North America that UW could field a high quality team. Searching overseas is a tactic one would think a that a lesser school would use to try and get an edge over the big boys who dominate NA recruiting. Hopefully it pays some dividends nonetheless.
                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                  It was. One would think there's enough talent in North America that UW could field a high quality team. Searching overseas is a tactic one would think a that a lesser school would use to try and get an edge over the big boys who dominate NA recruiting. Hopefully it pays some dividends nonetheless.
                  On the other hand, it would also be fair to say that lesser schools may be less likely to be able to lure talented Europeans to NCAA hockey. When I think of Europeans in NCAA hockey, the only name that really sticks out in my mind is Carl Hagelin. That's not shabby. (I know it's just one player - I'm not dropping the hammer with some big, riveting point here. More potential talented recruits is probably better.)

I imagine he played a role in signing Martin Sundberg (Sweden) and Jere Astren (Finland).

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                    On the other hand, it would also be fair to say that lesser schools may be less likely to be able to lure talented Europeans to NCAA hockey. When I think of Europeans in NCAA hockey, the only name that really sticks out in my mind is Carl Hagelin. That's not shabby. (I know it's just one player - I'm not dropping the hammer with some big, riveting point here. More potential talented recruits is probably better.)

I imagine he played a role in signing Martin Sundberg (Sweden) and Jere Astren (Finland).
                    Niki Siren and Yuri Gusak😀
                    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                      Good point.

Comment

Originally posted by DPlaya View Post
                        I'd be shocked if Max Zimmer wasn't coming in next year.
                        Yeah, Zimmer projects as a 2nd - 3rd round pick this summer and he already turned 18 in October. How many guys going that high are going to be 20 year old freshman?

Also he'll be playing in USHL/NHL Top Prospects Game on Tuesday in Omaha.
                        Originally posted by WiscTJK
                        I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                        Originally posted by Timothy A
                        Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

So I was checking over the roster for the 2016 Jr. Olympics for any WI recruits and I see a D from Eau Claire on the team, Emberson. That's darn impressive, being one of the 6 best D in the country born in 2000. It seems to me he has to be a must get for UW with that kind of talent and being WI born and bred. I cannot find anywhere on the interweb that says he's committed to a college yet. With this Olympic thing on his resume, he could be the best WI D prospect since maybe Suter?

Comment

So I was checking over the roster for the 2016 Jr. Olympics for any WI recruits and I see a D from Eau Claire on the team, Emberson. That's darn impressive, being one of the 6 best D in the country born in 2000. It seems to me he has to be a must get for UW with that kind of talent and being WI born and bred. I cannot find anywhere on the interweb that says he's committed to a college yet. With this Olympic thing on his resume, he could be the best WI D prospect since maybe Suter?
                            Maybe since Jake McCabe. (Who has said publicly and privately that he would very much encourage Emberson to attend UW.) Although as far as a pro prospect goes I suppose it could turn out that Parsells is very good. MN will be all over him as will a number of other schools. Incidentally, he has been cleared by the WIAA to return to the Old Abes late for the State tournament. (Provided, of course, he dresses properly and refrains from inappropriate chants like Sieve! Sieve! Sieve!) TJK posted the petition link earlier, I believe.
                            Originally posted by WiscTJK
                            I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                            Originally posted by Timothy A
                            Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                              Maybe since Jake McCabe. (Who has said publicly and privately that he would very much encourage Emberson to attend UW.) Although as far as a pro prospect goes I suppose it could turn out that Parsells is very good. MN will be all over him as will a number of other schools. Incidentally, he has been cleared by the WIAA to return to the Old Abes late for the State tournament. (Provided, of course, he dresses properly and refrains from inappropriate chants like Sieve! Sieve! Sieve!) TJK posted the petition link earlier, I believe.
                              I was thinking he's better than McCabe, unless McCabe turns out to be an Olympic team member like Suter.

Comment

I was thinking he's better than McCabe, unless McCabe turns out to be an Olympic team member like Suter.
                                The kid is 16. Be patient, before making comparisons like that.

Comment

Working...
                                X