X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting Vol. XXXIV: Go pick me out a winner, Strand

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
    Brian Posick re-tweeted that Cole Caufield from Point has committed to tOSU. He's currently only 14, but following an older brother to college. I don't recall reading or hearing about these guys.

Anything? Is this a miss, or double miss?
    Brother Brock is a very slick skating 16 year old scoring forward, but very small (5'5"ish) that was a first round USHL pick by GB. I believe he was also invited to US development camp. Cole is 14... Could end up being a miss and a good steal if they both do actually go to tOSU AND they both develop enough to play D-1. IMO, I think it might be more of a surprise if UW had offered either at this point.

Also, to me 14 year olds (and 15 year olds too) need to be top 10 players in their age group for the most part to get offers at UW. And IMO, if you're really that good, I wouldn't be all that interested in committing anywhere so young, unless maybe it's a lifelong dream school. But even then I think it's, more often then not, a bad idea these days.
    Last edited by Wisko McBadgerton; 11-16-2015, 12:26 PM.
    Originally posted by WiscTJK
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
    Originally posted by Timothy A
    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

• Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
      Brian Posick re-tweeted that Cole Caufield from Point has committed to tOSU. He's currently only 14, but following an older brother to college. I don't recall reading or hearing about these guys.

Anything? Is this a miss, or double miss?
      My magic recruiting 8-ball says to ask back in 2-6 years.

Comment

Wasn't it just the early signing window? Do we not have any verbal commits that should have been signing LOI's and some kind of press release occurring?

Comment

Originally posted by markwojo View Post
          Wasn't it just the early signing window? Do we not have any verbal commits that should have been signing LOI's and some kind of press release occurring?
          I was thinking the same thing. I keep looking at the recruiting boards and twitter feeds and see nothing.
          Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

The signing period does run through the 18th.
            I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
              The signing period does run through the 18th.
              Fair enough...I can stop holding my breath (at least for another day).

Comment

• Originally posted by markwojo View Post
                All I know is the Zimmer, Astren, and Labosky have signed. No word yet on Frederic or Sundberg.
                WISCONSIN BADGERS
                NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
                WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
                WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
                B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
                Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

You'd think Sundberg would be set since he just committed. And Frederic really should sign as the Badgers will be pretty good next year, but I can't say I'd be completely shocked if he waited... let's just not got there, though.
                  I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

You'd think Sundberg would be set since he just committed. And Frederic really should sign as the Badgers will be pretty good next year, but I can't say I'd be completely shocked if he waited... let's just not got there, though.
                    Unfortunately, with Frederic, his signing of an LOI is only a small step in seeing that he plays here next year. It would keep him from playing at another school, but that doesn't matter much if the main threat is the OHL. Hopefully he gets drafted by the Wild or someone like that (i.e. college-friendly).

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                      Unfortunately, with Frederic, his signing of an LOI is only a small step in seeing that he plays here next year. It would keep him from playing at another school, but that doesn't matter much if the main threat is the OHL. Hopefully he gets drafted by the Wild or someone like that (i.e. college-friendly).
                      He's owned by the Niagra Ice Dogs, which doesn't completely mean he wouldn't go North, but they've been a lot less successful in pulling from the NCAA then teams like Kitchner or London. I'd say that if for some reason he weren't to become a Badger he'd still very likely go NCAA. Incidentally, his older brother Grant just signed with Miami.
                      I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Tony Stillwell signed his NLI over the weekend per his Twitter account. I assume that means he will be joining the team next season.
                        Last edited by DPlaya; 11-17-2015, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DPlaya View Post
                          Tony Stillwell signed his NLI over the weekend per his Twitter account. I assume that means he will be joining the team next season.
                          Also found on Twitter that Dan Labosky, Jere Astren and Max Zimmer signed NLI's. I did not manage to find anything on Berkovitz, Frederic or Sundberg.
                          Last edited by DPlaya; 11-17-2015, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Also found on Twitter that Dan Labosky, Jere Astren and Max Zimmer signed NLI's....
                            Have you been watching any of these guys play lately?
                            I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Have you been watching any of these guys play lately?
                              Unfortunately I have not seen any of them play. My days in the rink are filled up at this point helping coach my daughter's U-10 girls team..

Comment

Unfortunately I have not seen any of them play. My days in the rink are filled up at this point helping coach my daughter's U-10 girls team..
                                Good for you. It's good to have your priorities in order. It's early yet anyway, but for some of these guys like Stillwell, Jack Becker, Parsells, etc. they are making a big step up in competition and I'm interested to hear how they're doing if anybody gets to a game. On another front I wonder what Matt Berkovitz's status is with UW at the moment? We are obviously going to need a couple quality D next year to eat some minutes...
                                I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Working...
                                X