This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting Vol. XXXIV: Go pick me out a winner, Strand

I wouldn't go too crazy with what they have. Wisconsin is FINALLY getting back into a position where they have some kids in the pipeline with some flexibility. This hasn't been the case at all really in the last five years. There's a lot of decisions on players coming at the end of this year I'd think.
    Originally posted by WiscTJK
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
    Originally posted by Timothy A
    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
      I wouldn't go too crazy with what they have. Wisconsin is FINALLY getting back into a position where they have some kids in the pipeline with some flexibility. This hasn't been the case at all really in the last five years. There's a lot of decisions on players coming at the end of this year I'd think.
      Yeah, with their sheet they would have 23 Forwards in the 2017-18 season and that just seems a bit off.
      Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
        I hadn't seen that page.

I put the spreadsheet together based on the last document that I saw on here. I'll try to do some updating.

Thanks for the info!
        There's also collegecommitments.com to get info off of, but I cannot speak of it's accuracy.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
          There's also collegecommitments.com to get info off of, but I cannot speak of it's accuracy.
          That looks to be the same page, just under a different URL. Thanks, though.

Comment

Google chris heisenberg hockey recruits...guy does a pretty good job

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
              Google chris heisenberg hockey recruits...guy does a pretty good job
              His info pretty closely matches the other, with just some fuzziness to the first year.

Between all of these (and twitter sources, etc.,) I should be able to keep the sheet updated.

Thanks everyone!

Comment

His info pretty closely matches the other, with just some fuzziness to the first year.

Between all of these (and twitter sources, etc.,) I should be able to keep the sheet updated.

Thanks everyone!
                No, thank YOU. Now we need someone to do a spreadsheet for the UW women.
                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                  No, thank YOU. Now we need someone to do a spreadsheet for the UW women.
                  So, something like this?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...#gid=645067474

Comment

That's very cool. Thank you.

Comment

Going to the Dubuque/Chicago game tomorrow. I'll be actively watching Astren, Parsells, and Zimmer.
                      WISCONSIN BADGERS
                      NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
                      WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
                      WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
                      B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
                      Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
                        Going to the Dubuque/Chicago game tomorrow. I'll be actively watching Astren, Parsells, and Zimmer.
                        Well, how did it go? What's the rundown, the scoop, the dish... What's the word on the street?

Don't keep it to yourself, man. Spit it out!
                        I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                          Well, how did it go? What's the rundown, the scoop, the dish... What's the word on the street?

Don't keep it to yourself, man. Spit it out!
                          Zimmer scored. Solid on his feet, quick. Likes the puck. Astren and Parsells are real good stay at home defensmen. You can tell Astren is from overseas just based on his skating. Parsells is big, really big. Although, could gain a few pounds.
                          WISCONSIN BADGERS
                          NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
                          WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
                          WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
                          B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
                          Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

Originally posted by MplsSioux View Post
                            Schlossman's in the GF Herald on the fall of the Badger's hockey program, agree or disagree on his takes?

http://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-hockey/3876209-mens-hockey-what-happened-Wisconsin
                            It's like the gentleman interviewed fans here in Madison. Great article; but sad.
                            Last edited by MadCityRich; 11-09-2015, 08:04 PM.
                            "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
                              Zimmer scored. Solid on his feet, quick. Likes the puck. Astren and Parsells are real good stay at home defensmen. You can tell Astren is from overseas just based on his skating. Parsells is big, really big. Although, could gain a few pounds.
                              How would you say Parsells moves? I don't mean "good for his size". Good for the average 6'6" guy is probably not that good. Size and reach are great things but the question with a guy like him is usually, "is he dominating lower levels because he's physically advanced, or is he gifted enough on his skates to translate it to success at the next levels?" So how does he move in comparison to a regular 6' guy would you say?
                              I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Brian Posick re-tweeted that Cole Caufield from Point has committed to tOSU. He's currently only 14, but following an older brother to college. I don't recall reading or hearing about these guys.

Anything? Is this a miss, or double miss?
                                "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Working...
                                X