X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting Vol. XXXIV: Go pick me out a winner, Strand

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
    That was my thought as well. The timing of Labosky committing seems far too coincidental.
    I don't know about the timing. There has been a constant stream of commitments since the start of the year via some twitter people I follow, so the commitment right now could just business as usual.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      I don't know about the timing. There has been a constant stream of commitments since the start of the year via some twitter people I follow, so the commitment right now could just business as usual.
      Certainly possible. I just didn't know if his commitment was different as he has already attended one school already.
      Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

NLIs get sent out quite soon I'm pretty sure so that could be why, nice get IMO he just wasn't physically ready for the college game at CC he's become more of a vocal leader on Tri-City, he just visited out East recently and I'm sure those coaches are pretty disappointed, good luck with the season.

Comment

Originally posted by techtodenver View Post
          NLIs get sent out quite soon I'm pretty sure so that could be why, nice get IMO he just wasn't physically ready for the college game at CC he's become more of a vocal leader on Tri-City, he just visited out East recently and I'm sure those coaches are pretty disappointed, good luck with the season.
          Thanks for the comments. When Besse was signed I watched several of his high school games and Labosky really stood out. I was always thinking "Why aren't we going after him?" But he was already committed. He's still going to have to beef up even more, but he had great skates and hands. I can see him being a Jefferson Dahl type of player here. Quick on the fore check and can dish or get to the net. Presumably Bittner's doing, as he coached Labosky at Tri-City last year.
          Originally posted by WiscTJK
          I'm with Wisko and Tim.
          Originally posted by Timothy A
          Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Schlossman's in the GF Herald on the fall of the Badger's hockey program, agree or disagree on his takes?

http://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-hockey/3876209-mens-hockey-what-happened-Wisconsin

Comment

Originally posted by MplsSioux View Post
              Schlossman's in the GF Herald on the fall of the Badger's hockey program, agree or disagree on his takes?

http://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-hockey/3876209-mens-hockey-what-happened-Wisconsin
              Pretty hard to argue with most of it (except for the attendance numbers.) They are much worse because the numbers that they used were tickets sold or distributed not people actually in attendance. Outside of that it's a pretty accurate and depressing look at the program for the last few years. (No NCAA tournament wins in 6 years? Man, that's just sad.)

Comment

Pretty hard to argue with most of it (except for the attendance numbers.) They are much worse because the numbers that they used were tickets sold or distributed not people actually in attendance. Outside of that it's a pretty accurate and depressing look at the program for the last few years. (No NCAA tournament wins in 6 years? Man, that's just sad.)
                Yeah, I realized it had been bad but when I saw no tournament win in 6 years it blew me away. I hadn't made the connection in recruiting going south with Osiecki leaving the program so that was an interesting point to me.

Comment

Originally posted by MplsSioux View Post

It's dead on.

Comment

If memory serves, there was some similar media out of Boston during that trip. Maybe we need to start pulling together what others are saying about the program and forwarding it to JK each week. If the Dept. doesn't want to believe us, maybe hearing it from outsiders would drive something home.

Comment

Originally posted by RedStripes View Post
                      If memory serves, there was some similar media out of Boston during that trip. Maybe we need to start pulling together what others are saying about the program and forwarding it to JK each week. If the Dept. doesn't want to believe us, maybe hearing it from outsiders would drive something home.
                      I forwarded the article onto JK.

The article is right on. The assistants since Osiecki have been terrible.
                      gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Since we got Robbie Earl to decommit from Michigan, how many kids have decommited or flat out left UW?

By comparison, how many guys have we gotten to switch commitments?
                        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                          Since we got Robbie Earl to decommit from Michigan, how many kids have decommited or flat out left UW?

By comparison, how many guys have we gotten to switch commitments?
                          Wisconsin got Dougherty from OSU. I'm not sure how to count him since Portland got him from UW after 1 year.

Comment

• Originally posted by MplsSioux View Post

Schlossman eludes to, but doesn't outright say that all of UWs struggles are tied to having Osecki and Patrick leave after the 09-10 season and Eaves bungling the hire of Butters and the permanent promotion of Schuchuk after Butters abruptly left. All of UW's struggles of the past 6 years are tied directly to those hiring decisions.

Recruiting is the lifeblood of a college hockey program, if you don't recruit well you are not going to be successful long term, irrespective of everything else.

Right now The UW hockey program is caught in a vicious cycle. The fans are disillusioned with Eaves and the on-ice product and are staying say in the THOUSANDS. Potential recruits are turned off by Eaves pressure tactics, the on-ice results, and morgue-like atmosphere at the Kohl Center. Top current players are leaving almost as soon as they get a better offer because of the lack of future success in the program from the poor recruiting and the dismal fan attitude.

Until those three groups: the fans, the players, and the recruits begin to believe the success is just a season away at UW, the program is going to continue to degrade.

My real fear is that thing have crossed a point of no return with the fanbase that even a head coaching change isn't going to help (but it will not hurt) enough until some on-ice success is found. Even at the end of Sauer's tenure, he never disillusioned the fanbase the way that Eaves has.

Comment

I updated the spreadsheet with Kunin leaving the program.
                              I was looking at the College Hockey Inc Commitments Page and saw that they have some different dates listed for guys joining the program.

Anyone in the know have any input as to which would be more accurate?

Comment

Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
                                I was looking at the College Hockey Inc Commitments Page and saw that they have some different dates listed for guys joining the program.

Anyone in the know have any input as to which would be more accurate?
                                I hadn't seen that page.

I put the spreadsheet together based on the last document that I saw on here. I'll try to do some updating.

Thanks for the info!

Comment

Working...
                                X