X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting Vol. XXXIV: Go pick me out a winner, Strand

20 F not including Hurley. Holy crap.

Comment

I put together a Google Sheets Document for this.

Let me know if you would like to help edit it in the future. I'll try to keep it as up to date as much as I can.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
      Last edited by gwhinwi; 10-06-2015, 08:33 AM.
      Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
        20 F not including Hurley. Holy crap.
        Quantity over quality seems to be the new norm. There are at least 5 names on there that have zero business on a middle (much less upper) level D1 team....maybe that's why Wisconsin no longer is?

Comment

Originally posted by markwojo View Post
          Quantity over quality seems to be the new norm. There are at least 5 names on there that have zero business on a middle (much less upper) level D1 team....maybe that's why Wisconsin no longer is?
          The herd will be thinned out. Go look at the stats for the last few years of Sauer and the first of Eaves. There are a few names on the list that one looks at and goes who the heck was that. That is what it will be like 5 years when the new coach has removed the remains of the Eaves era.

Comment

It appears Dante Fabbro is off the board. https://***********/17Fabbro/status/653710531266637824

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
              It appears Dante Fabbro is off the board. https://***********/17Fabbro/status/653710531266637824
              well that's just great. BU? good for BU though, he's a great player.

FFFF Mike Eaves
              Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Another top recruit miss. Not surprised given the state of the program.

What excuse will the appeasers come up with this time?
                gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

UW wasn't in his top 5, I'm not sure UW ever had a chance like they did with Boeser or Jost. Schuey and MM had their foot in the door, I don't know if they were ever invited in. I think the coaching changes kinda torpedoed whatever chance UW had, Bittner and Strand came too late for the party to make any difference.
                  Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                  Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                  "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                  Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

I know some of you might not like this but I know for a fact that Shuchuk had more than a foot in the door with Fabbro. Talking with some alumni that live in BC and are close to the family. If Shuchuk was still in Madison there would have been a pretty good chance Dante would have came. As soon as he got let go and Eaves stayed with his miss. UW was out of the picture. As least he's out east where we won't see him that much.

Comment

Originally posted by Badgerice View Post
                      I know some of you might not like this but I know for a fact that Shuchuk had more than a foot in the door with Fabbro. Talking with some alumni that live in BC and are close to the family. If Shuchuk was still in Madison there would have been a pretty good chance Dante would have came. As soon as he got let go and Eaves stayed with his miss. UW was out of the picture. As least he's out east where we won't see him that much.
                      Gary, you can quit posting here since you now coach at Tech.
                      gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

You're a funny man TJK. Just a Badger fan that cares for the program and has connections like Chuck.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                          UW wasn't in his top 5, I'm not sure UW ever had a chance like they did with Boeser or Jost. Schuey and MM had their foot in the door, I don't know if they were ever invited in. I think the coaching changes kinda torpedoed whatever chance UW had, Bittner and Strand came too late for the party to make any difference.
                          They didn't have their foot in the door with Jost. The only real connection with Jost and UW was that he and Fabbro are best friends. A year ago it was all but a given that if Fabbro went NCAA it would be with Wisconsin. Badgerice is correct that Shuchuk was well connected with Fabbro and while obviously there are several other factors over the last year, Shuchuk being gone was certainly significant.
                          Originally posted by WiscTJK
                          I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                          Originally posted by Timothy A
                          Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                            They didn't have their foot in the door with Jost. The only real connection with Jost and UW was that he and Fabbro are best friends. A year ago it was all but a given that if Fabbro went NCAA it would be with Wisconsin. Badgerice is correct that Shuchuk was well connected with Fabbro and while obviously there are several other factors over the last year, Shuchuk being gone was certainly significant.
                            ahh, I switched the 2. Oops.
                            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

I updated the spreadsheet with Kunin leaving the program.

Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                                I updated the spreadsheet with Kunin leaving the program.
                                Good, except you still have Frederic coming in next year. It seems that can hardly be possible.
                                Originally posted by WiscTJK
                                I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                                Originally posted by Timothy A
                                Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Working...
                                X