X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting Vol. XXXIV: Go pick me out a winner, Strand

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
    wow...Hear that Barry?

Hey tough guy Mike, what's going on with Dante Fabbro, he loved UW so much and then what?
    It's da*m shame that a good (OK) coach is a horrible AD.

Wisconsin Hockey: Fire Alvarez and Eaves

Comment

Originally posted by NEWI Badger Fan View Post
      It's da*m shame that a good (OK) coach is a horrible AD.

Wisconsin Hockey: Fire Alvarez and Eaves
      Barry is totally consumed by his own ego, so he needs to remain bigger (literally and figuratively) than UW and way bigger than any individual program.

I didn't really follow UW sports in the same way when Pat Ritcher was AD, but I get the impression he was looking out for what was best for UW, not Pat Ritcher. Barry is #1, #2, #3, etc and everything else is an afterthought.

I respect Barry for turning football into a winner, but as AD he sucks bag.
      Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
      Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
      Originally posted by UWisco
      It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
        With a player of his caliber there is no dount he should visit multiple schools. He has already visited Wisconsin a couple times a believe. In my opinion he ends up with Nodak, Wisconsin, or major juniors.
        Certainly Strand/Bittner have been in contact with Fabbro. It would be very important for those two to establish a relationship with him since MM has id'ed him as a person of interest. Until proven otherwise, we have to give Strand and Bittner a chance to mark their mark on the roster, which may take some time since it's already rather full.

BA's ego......it's fascinating watching him battle Bo Ryan over the destiny of the men's bb tream. I trust Bo way more than BA on that subject.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Oh boy...

http://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/2...ng-a-sales-job

From the article it seams that Frederic is just exploring his options, but if Eaves and Co lose him it's just more evidence that this staff and program has lost much of its ability to recruit (and retain) NHL type talent.

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post
            Oh boy...

From the article it seams that Frederic is just exploring his options, but if Eaves and Co lose him it's just more evidence that this staff and program has lost much of its ability to recruit (and retain) NHL type talent.
            Strand and Bittner better seal the deal.....
            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Almington View Post
              Oh boy...

If they lose Frederic wouldn't you think a rational/logical person would say they've lost control of the situation and step down?
              Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                If they lose Frederic wouldn't you think a rational/logical person would say they've lost control of the situation and step down?
                Ego's often get in the way of rational thinking.....
                gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

I know Federic is a highly sought after recruit and I would like to have him on UW but he had a below average year with the national team last year.
                  WISCONSIN BADGERS
                  NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
                  WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
                  WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
                  B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
                  Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                    The larger issue is that it makes both MJ (and the OHL specifically) and the other college coaches (since The gentleman's agreement is dead) sense blood in the water and come after all of UWs top recruits with everything they have. It really seams the the OHL has stepped up efforts to get UW recruits and I think the the on-ice results are a big part of why they are having more success. Just more of a reason that this program NEEDS to get back to winning ways right now.

Comment

The larger issue is that it makes both MJ (and the OHL specifically) and the other college coaches (since The gentleman's agreement is dead) sense blood in the water and come after all of UWs top recruits with everything they have. It really seams the the OHL has stepped up efforts to get UW recruits and I think the the on-ice results are a big part of why they are having more success. Just more of a reason that this program NEEDS to get back to winning ways right now.
                      As much as I don't like it, can you blame either set of parties? This hurts my soul to say it, but currently there is no advantage to come to UW like there was for the last 40 years. If BA had a clue that would be the reason to have fired Eaves when he had the chance.

It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

Originally posted by Gandalf the Red View Post
                        As much as I don't like it, can you blame either set of parties? This hurts my soul to say it, but currently there is no advantage to come to UW like there was for the last 40 years. If BA had a clue that would be the reason to have fired Eaves when he had the chance.
                        I was just making the observation that this can turn into a very self-fulfilling cycle if it isn't stopped soon. Bad on ice results -> Top recruits poached -> Lower level of recruits -> worse on ice results -> more recruits poached -> worse on-ice results -> lower level of recruits that no one wants to poach (see current roster). The problem is that it becomes VERY difficult to build up the necessary mass of talent to return to national prominence without some major catalyst to jump-start the process.

Comment

I was just making the observation that this can turn into a very self-fulfilling cycle if it isn't stopped soon. Bad on ice results -> Top recruits poached -> Lower level of recruits -> worse on ice results -> more recruits poached -> worse on-ice results -> lower level of recruits that no one wants to poach (see current roster). The problem is that it becomes VERY difficult to build up the necessary mass of talent to return to national prominence without some major catalyst to jump-start the process.
                          I think UW is at the bolded point in your cycle.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gandalf the Red View Post
                            I think UW is at the bolded point in your cycle.
                            How can it get worse than it is now?
                            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                              How can it get worse than it is now?
                              Barry's long lost twin shows up to help?
                              XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                              Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                                wow...Hear that Barry?

Hey tough guy Mike, what's going on with Dante Fabbro, he loved UW so much and then what?
                                He was 16 when he visited so I guess a lot of things could change.

Last I heard he was moving back to Whistler to work in a rental shop for $8/hr. and ski all day, everyday.

Comment

Working...
                                X