This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post

Yeah... thanks. I'm not new around here.

I guess I needed to make the text purple or something to indicate sarcasm?

I know the kid personally.

The Wisconsin State Journal either didn't know or chose not to mention that he's a Badger recruit, opting instead to mention the Capitols.
    Yeah, I'm not new either, I just don't post add often as some people might.
    Sorry if your intent didn't come through, it is easy to assume that most people are so focused on the negatives that they don't remember the positives.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting Vol. XXXIV: Go pick me out a winner, Strand

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
      Yeah... thanks. I'm not new around here.

I guess I needed to make the text purple or something to indicate sarcasm?

I know the kid personally.

The Wisconsin State Journal either didn't know or chose not to mention that he's a Badger recruit, opting instead to mention the Capitols.
      Good thing they gave Baggot the axe! This type of coverage is exactly what a flondering program needs! (not sarcasm )
      Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
      Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
      Originally posted by UWisco
      It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

Charlie Dovorany (Wausau -- Shattuck U16) committed to UMD on Friday. I don't know if he had a UW offer but I do know he visited at least once. He was a 2nd rd. USHL pick (Fargo). He's a good hockey player, I really liked him a lot and so did many college coaches I talked to. Good pickup for UMD, I really like what they are doing there right now.

Comment

You got ANOTHER recruit for next year. Biggest roster ever.

https://***********/psexton94/status/624608862490882048

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post

Can't Freddie come with him?
            "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Starting to look like UW is going to be holding tryouts this year with all the new recruits. Penticton's Patrick Sexton commits.
              WISCONSIN BADGERS
              NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
              WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
              WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
              B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
              Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

Anyone know, is he a lockdown defender? Offensive numbers aren't there, so I'd assume he's a hell of a defender (I hope).

Comment

Sexton's brother Ben was a captain at Clarkson and a 7th round pick of the Bruins. Dad has been the GM for Florida and Ottawa and currently is assistant director of amateur scouting for the Penguins.

Comment

There's been a lot of gnashing of teeth over how big UW's roster is coming up this year. When you look at the rest of the B6, they are not out of bounds with their numbers. Forwards carried last year by the rest of the B6 -

14 osu
                    15 rodents/msu/wolfies
                    16 psu
                    18 UW this year

D
                    10 osu
                    9 rodents/wolfies
                    8 psu/msu
                    8 UW this year

The others carry 3 sieves, UW carries 3 goalies, BIG difference there.

Anyway, it's more about the quality than the quantity, but I just wanted to toss some facts out there on the numbers.
                    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Dante Fabbro is getting a lot of love on twitter at the Hlinka Memorial Cup tourney this week.
                      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                        Jost has eliminated Wisconsin. Down to North Dakota and Denver.
                        And it's ND:

https://***********/josty_17/status/633365321793998848

Comment

"In other Penticton Vees news, look for D-man Dante Fabbro (2016 draft) to visit BC, BU, Denver, NoDak and Minnesota soon."
                          https://***********/THNRyanKennedy/s...64970621796353

Comment

"In other Penticton Vees news, look for D-man Dante Fabbro (2016 draft) to visit BC, BU, Denver, NoDak and Minnesota soon."
                            wow...Hear that Barry?

Hey tough guy Mike, what's going on with Dante Fabbro, he loved UW so much and then what?
                            Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                              With a player of his caliber there is no dount he should visit multiple schools. He has already visited Wisconsin a couple times a believe. In my opinion he ends up with Nodak, Wisconsin, or major juniors.
                              WISCONSIN BADGERS
                              NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
                              WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
                              WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
                              B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
                              Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
                                With a player of his caliber there is no dount he should visit multiple schools. He has already visited Wisconsin a couple times a believe. In my opinion he ends up with Nodak, Wisconsin, or major juniors.

Post #33 done deal

Comment

Working...
                                X