This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
    According to Jeff Cox, Wisconsin has contacted Casey DeSmith about the open goaltending job. Would be a graduate transfer.

He was kicked off UNH's team for a domestic arrest. You can google his history.

I'm sure they've talked to a number of options, so this isn't a surprise at all.
    Well, if this is true:
    Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
    Either way, he hasn't graduated
    That sort of puts a stopper on that, doesn't it?
    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting Vol. XXXIV: Go pick me out a winner, Strand

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
      Well, if this is true:

That sort of puts a stopper on that, doesn't it?
      Not if he gets a waiver.

Comment

Wisconsin lands Stud '00 Defenseman Brady Smith from the Chicago Mission program

Comment

Wow, Badgers just landed a major recruit. 2000-born Chicago Mission d-man Brady Smith. He's a stud....in the conversation for the best 2000-born defenseman I've seen. Will be curious to see how this plays into Ty Emberson (EC Memorial) decision but getting Smith is a huge step in the right direction.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
            Wow, Badgers just landed a major recruit. 2000-born Chicago Mission d-man Brady Smith. He's a stud....in the conversation for the best 2000-born defenseman I've seen. Will be curious to see how this plays into Ty Emberson (EC Memorial) decision but getting Smith is a huge step in the right direction.
            wow indeed. kudows to...wait, i can't believe I've forgotten the new assistants names, but yeah...them i guess
            Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

According to my database he's an eighth grader (will be a freshman this fall). Might be Wisconsin's earliest commit ever? Previous youngest was Jordan Schmaltz, for those wondering.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Update: Pretty close to Schmaltz. They are/were both 14 years old, 10 months when they committed.
              Last edited by Chuck Schwartz; 07-07-2015, 12:35 AM.

Comment

So... Wait a few years and see where things are before getting too excited?
                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Here's the payback for having to watch Cavallini's kid play...oh wait...what did you say....Dvorak. Color me cynical at this point as a 14 year old has no idea what he wants 4 years from now. Hell an 18 year old goalie who is on campus for Summer school don't know what he wants 4 months out much less 4 years.

Comment

According to my database he's an eighth grader (will be a freshman this fall). Might be Wisconsin's earliest commit ever? Previous youngest was Jordan Schmaltz, for those wondering.

Update: Pretty close to Schmaltz. They are/were both 14 years old, 10 months when they committed.
                    Color me skeptical that he ever comes to play here. Again, as others have said, the track record for early commits actually attending the first school (especially Wisconsin, of late) they choose is a pretty lackluster one.
                    Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

• Originally posted by markwojo View Post
                      Here's the payback for having to watch Cavallini's kid play...oh wait...what did you say....Dvorak. Color me cynical at this point as a 14 year old has no idea what he wants 4 years from now. Hell an 18 year old goalie who is on campus for Summer school don't know what he wants 4 months out much less 4 years.
                      Excellent points, I skimmed right over the age part. ...another problem is what if he plateau's in the next 1-2 years? And like you say, teenagers almost never know what they want so asking a 14 y.o. To commit is awfully risky...

EDIT: this kid will be playing for a different coach 4 years from now.
                      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Wow, the negativity on this board never stops does it...

Our inside expert is telling us that he is a great player
                        ....in the conversation for the best 2000-born defenseman I've seen...
                        And all anyone can do is **** and moan that "he's too young", "what are we thinking taking a commit from a kid this young", "it'll be great when he decommits in 4-5 years".

Come on people!!! A great young player, an in-state player even, is saying that he wants to play for the Badgers! He is looking past the current mess, the other players decommitting, the instability at the coaching position and he still says that he wants to come play here!

Let's just take a moment to reflect on all of the positives involved in this situation, I realize that may be difficult for some people but let's give it a shot, at least for a day or two.
                        Last edited by KaMiGo; 07-07-2015, 12:26 PM. Reason: oops, not an in-state kid...

Comment

Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post

And all anyone can do is **** and moan that "he's too young", "what are we thinking taking a commit from a kid this young", "it'll be great when he decommits in 4-5 years".

Come on people!!! A great young player, an in-state player even, is saying that he wants to play for the Badgers! He is looking past the current mess, the other players decommitting, the instability at the coaching position and he still says that he wants to come play here!

Let's just take a moment to reflect on all of the positives involved in this situation, I realize that may be difficult for some people but let's give it a shot, at least for a day or two.
                          In fairness, our "inside expert's" next post referenced Jordan Schmaltz as the last player to commit this young. Remember how that turned out?

Optimism is a nice thing sometimes, but in the world of recruiting, I don't know how anyone can't have a bit of pessimism with a report of such an early commitment.
                          Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post

I'm excited!!!!
                            Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                            Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
                            Originally posted by UWisco
                            It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

So is the kid from WI or IL?

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                                So is the kid from WI or IL?
                                He's an Illinois kid.

Comment

Working...
                                X