Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Wolverines 2015-2016 Season

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
    4,911 attendence for Sunday's game. It was also a very late arriving crowd, very late. At puck drop I was estimating 2,500. The place did fill in though, still didn't quite make 5,000 but pretty close.
    What is Yost's capacity?
    If we could extend Blais' contract, that'd be greeeaaatttt

Comment

I feel that there is more to the story. What am I missing?

OK, guess I should have read wT's post before asking. That's very impressive for a girl that young to be so in-tune with people who have developmental disabilities. She is a remarkable person for being so young. A future Wolverine perhaps?
      Her father is former Wolverine netminder and current video coordinator, LJ Scarpace.

Comment

Originally posted by gomavs#1 View Post
        What is Yost's capacity?
        About 5,800 now after renovations.

Comment

Yea, the current student section is a shell of what it once was. It isn't the CoY's fault though, I blame DB Brandon. I remember when the Student section was the entire East sideline (minus the first 10 rows behind the benches). That was cool, especially in the old Yost. Now we have two sections of student doing soccer chants. They try but it's just not the same.

OK, I've officially reached old man status. Now get off of my lawn!
          Agree, our very own PT Barnum left his mark before moving on to ToysRUs.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
            Agree, our very own PT Barnum left his mark before moving on to ToysRUs.
            My only solace is that he did not leave willing;y. I know he "resigned" but that's crap, the guy was axed....
            Originally posted by alfablue
            Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
            Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
            I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

So going ahead, when you meet students, remind them about hockey. How much fun it is, and how much we've appreciated them being at the games over the last 20 years.

And encourage the uppers to keep the prices reasonable- especially for them.

Comment

Yea, the current student section is a shell of what it once was. It isn't the CoY's fault though, I blame DB Brandon. I remember when the Student section was the entire East sideline (minus the first 10 rows behind the benches). That was cool, especially in the old Yost. Now we have two sections of student doing soccer chants. They try but it's just not the same.

OK, I've officially reached old man status. Now get off of my lawn!
                Agreed. Friday night was packed into the 3 sections the students get...it looked like there were even students in standing room up behind the south end. Sunday my guess is that the students were hungover as the section in the south end was mostly empty.

So far this season I haven't stood in the student section. It's not what it used to be, and I'm getting old.
                Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                7 B1G
                7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                  So far this season I haven't stood in the student section. It's not what it used to be, and I'm getting old.
                  I have pickup hockey jerseys older than you. Of course, I couldn't get them over my gut, now. Old... pish shaw.

Comment

Berenson has opened the door to retirement:

http://www.dailygazette.com/news/201...coll_wv/?dgzrg

Comment

All in all, a good weekend. I was worried when I checked the score of the Friday game at the end of the second period. A win and a tie on the road are what I consider "holding serve,"
                      Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

If your actions speak louder than words, you're not yelling loud enough. - Stephen Colbert

You build. You paddle. You stand in awe of what your hands have made. - Pygmy Boats

Comment

Originally posted by bluevox View Post
                        All in all, a good weekend. I was worried when I checked the score of the Friday game at the end of the second period. A win and a tie on the road are what I consider "holding serve,"
                        Totally agree.

Interesting at the end of the game (which is all I was able to catch)- the RPI announcers were commenting that the less aggressive/defensive play we were doing then would not win many games. Then we scored. But I can't say that they were wrong- sometimes late in a game we play so defensively that the team starts to panic a little with the puck- which leads to turn overs. Maybe we should call it less offensively- which would be a little closer to the truth.

Still, one win and one tie is good at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                          Totally agree.

Interesting at the end of the game (which is all I was able to catch)- the RPI announcers were commenting that the less aggressive/defensive play we were doing then would not win many games. Then we scored. But I can't say that they were wrong- sometimes late in a game we play so defensively that the team starts to panic a little with the puck- which leads to turn overs. Maybe we should call it less offensively- which would be a little closer to the truth.

Still, one win and one tie is good at this point.
                          agree, and Union has a decent team... both they and RPI beat the Boston schools, so I wouldn't sneeze at the results this weekend. Not much love for the B1G Ten and frankly for Michigan, so expect any loss to a non ranked team to pull them out of the polls. Glad to see Nags play pretty well, too.

Comment

Offense is good. Goaltending and defense are not. Same problems, new season.

I can't think of an excuse for giving up a 2 on 0 rush while on the powerplay.

However, there were moments Racine looked really good and made some great saves Friday. The Union fan behind us couldn't believe we weren't confident in our goalies. Then Racine gave up a soft goal, and I told the guy that was the goalie I was used to, and he understood.

There were moments Nagelvort looked good Saturday, but RPI is not much of a threat.

Could be a fun season. Could be a long season. I'm just looking forward to more games.

Arenas visited:
                            7 B1G
                            2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                            2 Alaskan

Comment

Probably too early in the week to post this- but our game on Saturday is at 3:05PM - which is pretty early in the afternoon.

So one should be able to get home and ignore the trick-or-treater's so that they can watch the football game which kicks off at 7pm EST.

I think I'll be a old time hockey player on Halloween. Wear a 1990 jersey.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                                I think I'll be a old time hockey player on Halloween. Wear a 1990 jersey.
                                I found a Grumpy Cat hat, which I think will pair perfectly with a Michigan Alumni t-shirt.

We scored 5 goals? So did the other team. Grumpy alum is unimpressed.

Arenas visited:
                                7 B1G
                                2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                                2 Alaskan

Comment

Working...
                                X