X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Wolverines 2015-2016 Season

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
    Hey, we swept!

But it did seem as if the team was loosing some energy late in the game.
    Michigan only had 10 forwards in the third period so double shifts may have resulted in some late fatigue. Red only dressed 11 forwards for the game and then Selman was out for the third period. He said he was fine after the game so hopefully he'll be good to go next weekend.
    The certainties of life...Death, Taxes and bad B1G Referees.

Comment

So as some incentive to make sure you are on time for Sunday's game, which is at 5:05, do note that NHL All Star Ted Lindsay will drop a ceremonial puck.

And not just because he and Red are friends- this is going to be an Autism Awareness game- http://www.mgoblue.com/sports/m-hock...101415aab.html

It's a very cool story to read- especially noting how one person can be so dedicated that she put this idea together and presented it to Red.
      I swear none of the students had a clue who he was. I also doubt if any were even alive when he played...

It's a shame that it was such a late arriving and sparse crowd but that's what you get when you schedule a Sunday game at 5 o'clock after "The Horror 2.0"...
      Originally posted by alfablue
      Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
      Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
      I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

4,911 attendence for Sunday's game. It was also a very late arriving crowd, very late. At puck drop I was estimating 2,500. The place did fill in though, still didn't quite make 5,000 but pretty close.
        I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by umichjim View Post
          Michigan only had 10 forwards in the third period so double shifts may have resulted in some late fatigue. Red only dressed 11 forwards for the game and then Selman was out for the third period. He said he was fine after the game so hopefully he'll be good to go next weekend.
          That's a good point. The Lakers were the more physical team especially in the 3rd period. Outside of Kile I didn't see Michigan engaging them. Good thing is, even with a late PP, Michigan didn't allow many grade A chances the entire period. I'll take the wins against a decent, well coached team.

Comment

Originally posted by umichjim View Post
            So then we were not paying attention, too. Seeing Selman get back on the ice after getting hurt, I figured he was ok. Just not so for the 3rd.

I also thought the D looked gassed a few times, but as streaker says- it's a good win.

Comment

So then we were not paying attention, too. Seeing Selman get back on the ice after getting hurt, I figured he was ok. Just not so for the 3rd.
              That was my thought exactly. Too bad, since I thought he was playing really well, for someone who really didn't show up on the scoresheet.
              Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

If your actions speak louder than words, you're not yelling loud enough. - Stephen Colbert

You build. You paddle. You stand in awe of what your hands have made. - Pygmy Boats

Comment

This isn't so much about the team play but was anyone here there for the National Anthem? I was very impressed with that 11-year old singing. She had a terrific voice, and for being only 11! Could she be the next Karen Newman?

Comment

Two weeks into the season, and the B1G is as expected. ugh.
                  Yea, the rest of the conference hasn't done too well (well Penn State has held their own with a 2-1 record). But most of the other schools have played better teams. sparty was swept by #5 Denver at their place, no shame in that. Minnesota was swept by #7 M-Duluth in a home-and-home, also no shame in that (but the Vermont loss at home does raise an eyebrow). ohio state was swept in a pair of home-and-homes with the #16 and #18 teams in the country (but it's ohio state so I'm glad they lost). And Wisconsin sucks, we've always known that but even then they tied a pai of games with Northern before getting swept by BC (#4) and BU (#6).

The B1G is by no means great but you can't reeally be down on them as most of the early games were against Top 10 competition. Michigan of course seemed to struggle with Mercyhurst...

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                    This isn't so much about the team play but was anyone here there for the National Anthem? I was very impressed with that 11-year old singing. She had a terrific voice, and for being only 11! Could she be the next Karen Newman?
                    A better question- do you know WHY she was singing?

Comment

Yea, the rest of the conference hasn't done too well (well Penn State has held their own with a 2-1 record). But most of the other schools have played better teams. sparty was swept by #5 Denver at their place, no shame in that. Minnesota was swept by #7 M-Duluth in a home-and-home, also no shame in that (but the Vermont loss at home does raise an eyebrow). ohio state was swept in a pair of home-and-homes with the #16 and #18 teams in the country (but it's ohio state so I'm glad they lost). And Wisconsin sucks, we've always known that but even then they tied a pai of games with Northern before getting swept by BC (#4) and BU (#6).

The B1G is by no means great but you can't reeally be down on them as most of the early games were against Top 10 competition. Michigan of course seemed to struggle with Mercyhurst...
                      You gave credit to Penn State (who beat Canisius and split w/ Notre Dame) but dismiss Mercyhurst? I wouldn't. They may be an Atlantic team, but they and Robert Morris are legit. At this point there is no room for any B1G Ten fan to be looking down upon any other conference /team.

It's early yet and still the jury has decided to convict our league. We'll see. The only program right now that is struggling is Wisconsin. MSU will be improved, held their own at Denver and beat LSSU /tied Maine last week on the road. Penn State is missing a key forward and will be fine especially at home. Can't expect much from OSU- never understand why- has all the resources in the world to recruit better talent. Minnesota is just really young- a core group of six guys will carry them. The thing is, none of these schools are backing down from scheduling NCHC and HEA teams. Sure, we are having our lunch handed to us, but it's got to get better. EVERYBODY loves those two leagues to nauseous levels already. Yet, the NCHC hasn't won crap yet, and the HEA legitimately claimed the NC last season.

Nobody gave the ECAC a chance to become legitimate after decades of abuse, but they won the NC two of the last three seasons.

Comment

http://www.mgoblue.com/sports/m-hock...101415aab.html

My question is, can we have every game without the goal horn? That was nice on Sunday.
                        Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                        wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                        7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                          http://www.mgoblue.com/sports/m-hock...101415aab.html

My question is, can we have every game without the goal horn? That was nice on Sunday.
                          Subtle touches by Hackett? Not a slight to the COY, but maybe we can bring back the rest of the student section, too. Yost is entirely too comfortable a place to be for visitors anymore. Nothing like the den it was in the 90's.

Comment

I feel that there is more to the story. What am I missing?

OK, guess I should have read wT's post before asking. That's very impressive for a girl that young to be so in-tune with people who have developmental disabilities. She is a remarkable person for being so young. A future Wolverine perhaps?
                            Last edited by UMICH; 10-20-2015, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
                              Subtle touches by Hackett? Not a slight to the COY, but maybe we can bring back the rest of the student section, too. Yost is entirely too comfortable a place to be for visitors anymore. Nothing like the den it was in the 90's.
                              Yea, the current student section is a shell of what it once was. It isn't the CoY's fault though, I blame DB Brandon. I remember when the Student section was the entire East sideline (minus the first 10 rows behind the benches). That was cool, especially in the old Yost. Now we have two sections of student doing soccer chants. They try but it's just not the same.

OK, I've officially reached old man status. Now get off of my lawn!

Comment

I feel that there is more to the story. What am I missing?

OK, guess I should have read wT's post before asking. That's very impressive for a girl that young to be so in-tune with people who have developmental disabilities. She is a remarkable person for being so young. A future Wolverine perhaps?
                                Both of you missed my post coming into last week- since I posted the link wT just posted today. It's also why Ted Lindsey was there. And why a table was in the corner under the band.

Comment

Working...
                                X