Michigan Wolverines 2015-2016 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Wolverines 2015-2016 Season

So as some incentive to make sure you are on time for Sunday's game, which is at 5:05, do note that NHL All Star Ted Lindsay will drop a ceremonial puck.

And not just because he and Red are friends- this is going to be an Autism Awareness game- http://www.mgoblue.com/sports/m-hock...101415aab.html

It's a very cool story to read- especially noting how one person can be so dedicated that she put this idea together and presented it to Red.

Comment

Based on the pure volume of posts, it's hard to believe that we have a game tomorrow night.

The season is starting. Anyone going to enjoy it?

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
        Based on the pure volume of posts, it's hard to believe that we have a game tomorrow night.

The season is starting. Anyone going to enjoy it?
        As far as going to the game tomorrow night goes I'm still uncertain. I'll buy that dumb BTN plus though so I can watch it though.
        Originally posted by alfablue
        Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
        Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
        I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Less than 11 hours until hockey!

I'm excited.
          Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
          wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
          7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

My wife tried on her new sweater that I got for her December birthday. I get to box is back up.

She loves it- it looks like an old school jersey.

For the second weekend in a row- this will be a very Michigan centered weekend. A game every day.

Comment

My wife tried on her new sweater that I got for her December birthday. I get to box is back up.

She loves it- it looks like an old school jersey.

For the second weekend in a row- this will be a very Michigan centered weekend. A game every day.
              Nice. I got my fiance his own Michigan hockey jersey over the Summer. I took advantage of the Adidas sale. Now that I think of it, it may be time for my nieces down in Texas to get their own jerseys. They're 6 now, so I could buy them a bit big and they could wear them for a few years.

I'm headed to both hockey games and football this weekend. Debating heading to the diag for GameDay. Unsure when I will sleep.
              Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
              wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
              7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                Debating heading to the diag for GameDay. Unsure when I will sleep.
                I think we will go for a little while- finishing mile 6 there before coming home.

Comment

Certainly answered some questions.

We have a good offense.

And we have questionable defense and goaltending. I bet Zach starts Sunday- that was pretty shaky for Racine.

Comment

Certainly answered some questions.

We have a good offense.

And we have questionable defense and goaltending. I bet Zach starts Sunday- that was pretty shaky for Racine.
                    Wasn't there live to see it, but listened to the radio. Hard to guage how Racine was, sounded like he got left to dry a few times by Red's comments. I know one goal was a fluke deflection off a skate. I'm sure Steve would tell you he should had a goal he missed on. At least that is what Red would think he'd say.

Overall, this was what I expected. Toronto taught them nothing. Mercyhurst is a decent team with a solid goaltender- went all the way to the AHL championship last season riding him. They can put up offense too if you let them- tagged Colgate with a 9 spot. I expect a better defensive effort Sunday and yes, I think Zach will get the start, especially since they go on the road next weekend to Union and RPI and want to have both goaltenders ready.

Positives: from what I listened to, Connor of course, but also it sounded like all four lines put on offensive pressure and the fourth line was good.

Negatives: More "ole' style" defense and getting caught pinching again. Forwards too deep in the zone to backcheck.

Also- broke in a pair of new officials- at least one was an AR last season.

Missing in Action: No sign of Dexter Dancs this season so far and Lohan sat out this game too. Allen and Porikos on the 4th line.

Comment

Granted, the three of the 4 goals were odd man rushes- the first two being direct plays right off the rush.

But it sure seemed as if Racine could have played them better, too. One shot was quite good, but the fact that it was open could be seen as Racine not playing the angle well.

The last goal, on Mercyhurt's PP- he was on his knees pretty fast, and left a big hole to aim at.

And just as important as that, you could see the team was pretty deflated after a couple of those goals.

As for the D- they wanted to jump into the offensive game WAY to aggressively. But the really poor passing in our zone was limited to just a few times- not sure if that was due to less overall pressure, or things actually being fixed. But that lowered my stress level considerably. Hope that was real.

Oh, and at the end of the game, Merceyhurst complained of a high stick in our zone as the puck was deflected our of the zone- and they were right. A linesman was even staring at the whole thing- pathetic. Should have been a face off in our zone with about 30 seconds left. Hard to be glad you scored when it should not have happened.

Comment

Michigan was the only B1G team that won last night. Pretty sad.
                        The certainties of life...Death, Taxes and bad B1G Referees.

Comment

Originally posted by umichjim View Post
                          Michigan was the only B1G team that won last night. Pretty sad.
                          Looks like the same thing is happening tonight- PSU did beat Notre Dame, but everyone else is losing.

Comment

Looks like the same thing is happening tonight- PSU did beat Notre Dame, but everyone else is losing.
                            Yup. OSU, Minny, Wisco and FYS all lost. Our team will have to win and win often to make the tournament, or win the conference tournament. Again.
                            But, on the flip side, the other "favorites" have shown some vulnerabilities too.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
                              Yup. OSU, Minny, Wisco and FYS all lost. Our team will have to win and win often to make the tournament, or win the conference tournament. Again.
                              But, on the flip side, the other "favorites" have shown some vulnerabilities too.
                              Two weeks into the season, and the B1G is as expected. ugh.

Comment

Hey, we swept!

Similar game, less of it, though.

We saw that being a star does not mean you won't give up an odd man rush to score- Werenski tried to be a little too aggressive on MU's second goal.

And Nagelvoort has to work on his rebounds- both goals were off of rebounds.

Goals are still being scored- and quite a few shots for us.

But it did seem as if the team was loosing some energy late in the game.

Comment

Working...
                                X