Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dave Hakstol named head coach of Flyers

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
    Flyers fans must be happy to know that they'll regularly see the conference finals (but no further)

The Wild should have backed up the Brink's truck...

Comment

Really a perfect fit for Ole time Philly Style Hockey.
      Not really sure though that intimidation hockey will work in the 80 some game NHL season.
      Ya really need the right horses to play that style anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
        So it's sort of like the boy who cried wolf. You do it enough times and no one believes you when you honestly aren't whining. Rather than being upset or frustrated with those people who no longer believe you, perhaps you should be looking inward to discover what lead these people to no longer believe.
        It's kind of like your treatment of all the fans of other teams...blah blah blah blah...
        "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
          At least he will be able to buy a house with 2, yes 2, trees in the yard.
          It may even have a hill.
          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
            It may even have a hill.
            Whoa whoa whoa....let's not go over the top!
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Congratulations to Dave. It's a great honor and a tremendous opportunity. This is really a positive reflection on your program.

Comment

Originally posted by Go4PuckFan2.0 View Post
                They're also the most tenuous.

He'll be eaten alive in Philly and fired long before his contract is up.
                The Flyers have fired 4 coaches in the last 9 years (all with winning records when they left) and last season was the Flyers 2nd worst in 20 years. The sentiment of Flyers fans has always been give us Stanley or there's the door. I don't see Hak winning the Stanley Cup in Philadelphia.

Last edited by HarleyMC; 05-19-2015, 12:26 PM.

Comment

*peeks in*

Yep, this is about what I expected

*leaves*
                  Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                  Originally posted by Quizmire
                  mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                  MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                  MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                  I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Well now. So many possibilities.

Comment

• Re: Dave Hakstol named head coach of Flyers

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
                      please do tell how d1 hockey is better by losing one of it's ... coaches.
                      He purposely over-recruits. He has no personality. He's ugly. He's a boy ginger. Boogers drop from his nose at random times. Some people have apparently been saying that he has Syphilis. He has no personality. He has B.O. He has zero personality. He's insipid. He was/is/always will be Dean Blais' shoeshine boy. Also, he has no personality. Know what other people often have zero personality? Serial killers.

Comment

Do I think the Flyers hiring Dave Hakstol is a stretch? No more of a stretch than hiring a former player with little to no coaching experience like Craig Berube. I hope Coach Hakstol succeeds for a couple of reasons...

1. What happens 90% of the time when a big-time college football coach jumps to the NFL? They suck balls. Hakstol is the first college coach to jump to the NHL since Herb Brooks jumped from SCSU to the North Stars back in 1987. I want Hakstol to show that hockey is different from football...a coach is a coach.

2. I'd really like to shove it up the butt of the CHL by having a former college coach go out and succeed in the NHL.
                        St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                          No brainer for hakstol. Take the money and if it doesn't work out, plenty of college programs would be interested
                          Given the fan and front office expectations and dysfunctional locker room culture of the Philadelphia Flyers, he better learn how to smile. This is a another bad move on Hextall's part. NCAA is world's apart from the NHL and Hak's lack of coaching or playing experience in the NHL is a serious disadvantage. IMO Terry Murray, who is coaching the Phantoms, is a better choice for head coach. Bringing Hak in as an assistant makes more sense, but throwing him into this meat grinder shackled with high expectations as a head coach with the personality of a tree frog looks pretty ominous.
                          Last edited by HarleyMC; 05-19-2015, 01:37 AM.

Comment

He has nothing to lose. Being an NHL head coach is the top of the profession. There is no hockey coaching job that you get promoted to from an NHL head coach position.

I congratulate him. He was not afraid to take his shot when the NHL came calling, unlike a bunch of other college coaches I suspect.
                            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                              Do I think the Flyers hiring Dave Hakstol is a stretch? No more of a stretch than hiring a former player with little to no coaching experience like Craig Berube. I hope Coach Hakstol succeeds for a couple of reasons...

1. What happens 90% of the time when a big-time college football coach jumps to the NFL? They suck balls. Hakstol is the first college coach to jump to the NHL since Herb Brooks jumped from SCSU to the North Stars back in 1987. I want Hakstol to show that hockey is different from football...a coach is a coach.

2. I'd really like to shove it up the butt of the CHL by having a former college coach go out and succeed in the NHL.
                              No comparison...Berube played in the NHL for 17 seasons and has been a coach in the Flyers organization since 2006. Hiring an inexperienced outsider like Hak is a desperation move by Hextall to change the culture in Philadelphia. IMO Hak has two seasons to fix it or he's gone.

Comment

Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
                                Looks like new coach to be named today
                                Wow. That took like 0.6 seconds.

Comment

Working...
                                X