Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BGSU Offseason Thread

Originally posted by Critical Thinker View Post
    Sorta off topic... but what's the issue with Stephen Baylis's eligibility? If he played major juniors, wouldn't that completely disqualify him from the NCAA?
    Last I checked, the penalty was one season of eligibility for the infraction and a game-per-game penalty thereafter. I may be wrong.

GFM
    Geof F. Morris
    UAH BSE MAE 2002
    UAHHockey.com

Comment

Sorta off topic... but what's the issue with Stephen Baylis's eligibility? If he played major juniors, wouldn't that completely disqualify him from the NCAA?
      according to Bill, he was on the Gatineau pre-season roster in 2012.

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...=1#post6174611

looks like he was, and played one pre-season game for them.
      http://en.olympiquesdegatineau.ca/ro.../12/season/170
      maybe he swung a reduced sentence for only playing pre-season.
      Bowling Green St. Univ. '88 SUNY Potsdam '79

Comment

Originally posted by blackswampboy View Post
        according to Bill, he was on the Gatineau pre-season roster in 2012.

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...=1#post6174611

looks like he was, and played one pre-season game for them.
        http://en.olympiquesdegatineau.ca/ro.../12/season/170
        maybe he swung a reduced sentence for only playing pre-season.
        From what I understand, he played 3 total post season Major Junior games. Because of that, he got few looks from most of the programs, but BG was still VERY interested if he could get the issues worked out. He hired a lawyer and was able to negotiate a deal with the NCAA where he would miss 2 games for each major junior game that he played, thus the 6 game suspension. He is going to be a good one, and is a MAJOR get for BG!

Comment

Originally posted by BGFan View Post
          From what I understand, he played 3 total post season Major Junior games. Because of that, he got few looks from most of the programs, but BG was still VERY interested if he could get the issues worked out. He hired a lawyer and was able to negotiate a deal with the NCAA where he would miss 2 games for each major junior game that he played, thus the 6 game suspension. He is going to be a good one, and is a MAJOR get for BG!
          looks like he's gonna be a two-way beast.

don't see him on any Gatineau playoff roster, but he has a stat line for one preseason game in 2012. strange.
          guess we'll know pretty soon. 47 days until BGSU hockey!

Comment

crap. at the report that Nolan Valleau just signed with the Chicago Blackhawks.
            leaves us with eight D (three freshmen) in the middle of August.

Comment

Leaving in the middle of August?? Pretty odd. No knowledge of the situation, but sure sounds like some type of academic issue to me. Wasn't he an academic or credit hour red shirt his freshman year also?

He is not even listed anywhere on the Blackhawks "prospects" depth chart on their website. This can't be more than an ECHL deal at best. Very odd move to say the least.....ONE WEEK before classes start.
              Last edited by bravohankins; 08-17-2015, 12:36 PM.

Comment

That's probably why Chris Pohlcamp got brought in, then. But man, leave school a week before it starts? Unbelievable.
                BGSU Class of 2017

Comment

It happens. We'll be fine. Not to say that we wouldn't have been better with him and his experience, but we'll be fine.

Comment

Lake Erie Monsters vs. Grand Rapids Griffins
                    BGSU Ice Arena
                    Bowling Green, OH
                    Fri, Oct 2, 2015 06:30 PM

"Tickets will go on sale Monday, August 24th at 9:00 a.m., and are available at www.ticketmaster.com, by calling 877-BGSU-TICKET, or by visiting the BGSU ticket office in the Stroh Center. Ticket prices start at $10 for adults and $5 for children 12 and under. Fans can expect to see appearances from the Monsters entertainment teams during the game at BGSU."
                    Last edited by blackswampboy; 08-17-2015, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by blackswampboy View Post
                      Lake Erie Monsters vs. Grand Rapids Griffins
                      BGSU Ice Arena
                      Bowling Green, OH
                      Fri, Oct 2, 2015 06:30 PM

"Tickets will go on sale Monday, August 24th at 9:00 a.m., and are available at www.ticketmaster.com, by calling 877-BGSU-TICKET, or by visiting the BGSU ticket office in the Stroh Center. Ticket prices start at $10 for adults and $5 for children 12 and under. Fans can expect to see appearances from the Monsters entertainment teams during the game at BGSU."
                      Great way to kick off the season!

Comment

Originally posted by bravohankins View Post
                        Leaving in the middle of August?? Pretty odd. No knowledge of the situation, but sure sounds like some type of academic issue to me. Wasn't he an academic or credit hour red shirt his freshman year also?
                        wasn't he redshirted for transferring from OSU after Osiecki got fired?

That's probably why Chris Pohlcamp got brought in, then. But man, leave school a week before it starts? Unbelievable.
                        or why 17-year-old Matthew Ferrari was brought in this year. sounds like the coaches weren't caught completely by surprise.

Comment

Originally posted by bravohankins View Post

He is not even listed anywhere on the Blackhawks "prospects" depth chart on their website. This can't be more than an ECHL deal at best. Very odd move to say the least.....ONE WEEK before classes start.
                          I checked the roster as soon as I saw the tweet, didn't take them long to make the change. Probably done along with the announcement.

http://www.bgsufalcons.com/roster.aspx?path=mhockey

Comment

Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
                            I checked the roster as soon as I saw the tweet, didn't take them long to make the change. Probably done along with the announcement.

http://www.bgsufalcons.com/roster.aspx?path=mhockey
                            We've updated our story over on the site with some quotes from Coach Bergeron: http://www.bgsuhockey.com/2015/08/no...go-blackhawks/
                            Co-Founder/Editor of BGSUHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by BGDrew View Post
                              We've updated our story over on the site with some quotes from Coach Bergeron: http://www.bgsuhockey.com/2015/08/no...go-blackhawks/

Information on the contract he signed.

http://www.generalfanager.com/players/2199
                              "The top three worst things I've seen in hockey? The invention of the trap. The invention of the morning skate. And the invention of the extremely ugly uniform."

—Brett Hull

Comment

Contract terms were not released, maximum allowable entry level contract assumed. Details to be confirmed.

Comment

Working...
                                X