BGSU Offseason Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BGSU Offseason Thread

These 2 sources are what I would consider the most accurate as far as recruits go:
    http://collegehockeyinc.com/stats/commitments.php
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...#gid=153962365

College Hockey Inc has him slated for 16-17 also, so that's what I would expect.
    The second one is Chris Heisenberg's list. He's not always the fastest at updating, but he's generally considered the most accurate source (although he's missed a couple of BG recruits recently).

Comment

I don't see any way he is coming this year as we already have 6 guys for 6 spots as it is and I have not heard of anyone else besides the 6 Seniors leaving.

I guess there might be some question as to just who that 6th guy is this Fall. I think most assume it is Chris Pohlkamp since he is the oldest and a D, of which we lost 3, and only McDonald is a D of the assumed locks to be in school next month. However, this Linkenheld kid is older than Chris Pohlkamp...........so who knows.

Possible 2015:
      2015 or 2016 Chris Pohlkamp-RD 11/17/2014 Sioux Falls (USHL) 5'10 195 7/6/95

Assumed locks:
      2015 Stephen Baylis-LW 9/27/2014 Carleton Place (CJHL) 6' 186 8/1/94
      2015 Shane Bednard-RW 2/7/2014 Bloomington (USHL) 5'11 165 11/22/94
      2015 Joe McKeown-LW 1/10/2014 Wellington (OJHL) 6'1 180 9/20/94
      2015 John Schilling-C 7/26/13 Chicago (USHL) 6'0 175 1/18/95
      2015 Connor McDonald-RD 9/3/2012 Chicago (USHL) 6'2 170 10/24/95

Comment

Originally posted by bravohankins View Post
        I don't see any way he is coming this year as we already have 6 guys for 6 spots as it is and I have not heard of anyone else besides the 6 Seniors leaving.
        I heard a while back that Mingo might graduate in Aug. He still has a year of eligibility, but would he come back? The Caps are getting a look at him in camp...
        Bowling Green St. Univ. '88 SUNY Potsdam '79

Comment

Originally posted by blackswampboy View Post
          I heard a while back that Mingo might graduate in Aug. He still has a year of eligibility, but would he come back? The Caps are getting a look at him in camp...
          Everything that I've seen and heard indicates that he'll be back this season.

Comment

Originally posted by blackswampboy View Post
            Replacement for Coulter?
            EP still has Coulter listed, they aren't showing John Schilling, and now they've got Brandon Hawkins as incoming for 2015-2016, go figure. they could do with some housecleaning.

Hockey Commitments has him for 2016-2017, so maybe a year with Cedar Rapids.
            He was in Cedar Rapids camp and I expect him to be on the 30 man roster when it is released later today.

Not the most skilled kid but he leaves it all on the ice, plays with speed, and has scoring ability.

Should be interesting if he is going to BGSU, makes the Roughriders, or plays another year in the NAHL.

Could Cedar Rapids assistant and former BGSU staff Shane Connellly tipped the coaching staff off?

Comment

Friedman a student of the game and life
              After a successful freshman year at Bowling Green, Friedman looks for more at Flyers Development Camp
              Friday, 07.10.2015 / 10:30 AM ET / News
              By Taylor Trusky

http://flyers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=774448

Comment

Originally posted by herbst20 View Post
                He was in Cedar Rapids camp and I expect him to be on the 30 man roster when it is released later today.

Not the most skilled kid but he leaves it all on the ice, plays with speed, and has scoring ability.

Should be interesting if he is going to BGSU, makes the Roughriders, or plays another year in the NAHL.

Could Cedar Rapids assistant and former BGSU staff Shane Connellly tipped the coaching staff off?
                According to Coach Bergeron, he will play one year in the USHL before coming to BG.

Comment

Originally posted by BGFan View Post
                  Everything that I've seen and heard indicates that he'll be back this season.
                  sounds like Dajon agrees.

“Obviously, everyone’s dream is to play in the NHL, but I wouldn’t mind going to the AHL (American Hockey League) and working my way up,” he said. “But I want to finish college first. I have one more year at Bowling Green and after that, we’ll see what happens.”

http://colorofhockey.com/2015/07/13/...afted-players/

Comment

more positive press for Friedman!

On crowded defense, Mark Friedman not feeling any pressure
                    July 16, 2015, 7:00 pm
                    by Tim Riday

"High-profile prospects like Ivan Provorov, Travis Sanheim, Sam Morin, Robert Hagg and Shayne Gostisbehere are currently stealing the spotlight and grabbing headlines, but Mark Friedman has begun to emerge from the shadows."

http://www.csnphilly.com/hockey-phil...g-any-pressure

Comment

missed this one, good stuff.

Capitals Insider
                      Long road leads oldest prospect Dajon Mingo to first NHL development camp
                      http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/c...elopment-camp/

Comment

Comment

2015-2016 roster up!

http://www.bgsufalcons.com/roster.aspx?path=mhockey

Welcome to the Madhouse on Mercer!:

Ferrari
                          McDonald
                          Pohlkamp, C.
                          Bednard, S.
                          Baylis
                          McKeown
                          Schilling
                          Last edited by blackswampboy; 07-22-2015, 11:07 AM.

Comment

The last time that I was even close to being this excited for a season to start was Brian Holzinger's senior year, which was 94-95. Way too long! Bring it on!

Comment

************************************************** ****************
                              2015-2016 roster up!

http://www.bgsufalcons.com/roster.aspx?path=mhockey

Welcome to the Madhouse on Mercer!:

Ferrari
                              McDonald
                              Pohlkamp, C.
                              Bednard, S.
                              Baylis
                              McKeown
                              Schilling
                              ************************************************** *******

Wow...Ferrari coming in as a 17 year old!! Don't see that much these days. He turns 18 in October.

I guess they really wanted to bring in 3 D to replace the 3 lost.......and I don't see Austin Carroll, who red shirted last year, on the roster. His #27 has been assigned to Joe McKeown.
                              I don't remember hearing any news of anyone leaving the program???
                              Last edited by bravohankins; 07-23-2015, 01:37 AM.

Comment

Jon Matsumoto is now playing with the Augsburger Panthers in the German Hockey League (DEL).

anybody read German? I can figure out die Bowling Green State University, den Philadelphia Flyers, and die Carolina Hurricanes...

http://www.aev-panther.de/panther/ne...naid,1570.html

Comment

Working...
                                X