Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NMU Wildcats 2015 off-season thread

Might as well start one.

From davyd83: Brock Maschmeyer, Shane Sooth & Dom Shine have been named captains for 2015-16.

From ShirtlessBob: Schedule for next season:

http://marquettesocialscene.com/nmu-...eased-by-wcha/

Oct. 3 — USNDT at NMU (exhibition)
    Oct. 9-10 — NMU at Wisconsin
    Oct. 16-17 — NMU at Lake Superior State (non-conference series)
    Oct. 23 — Michigan Tech at NMU
    Oct. 24 — NMU at Michigan Tech
    Oct. 30-31 — Bemidji State at NMU
    Nov. 6-7 — NMU at Alaska
    Nov. 20-21 — Minnesota State at NMU
    Nov. 27-28 — NMU at Bowling Green
    Dec. 4-5 — NMU at Alabama-Huntsville
    Dec. 11-12 — Ferris State at NMU
    Dec. 29-30 — Great Lakes Invitational
    Jan. 8-9 — NMU at Minnesota State
    Jan. 15-16 — Alaska at NMU
    Jan. 29-30 — Minnesota-Duluth at NMU
    Feb. 5-6 — Alaska-Anchorage at NMU
    Feb. 12-13 — NMU at Ferris State
    Feb. 19-20 — Alabama-Huntsville at NMU
    Feb. 26-27 — NMU at Lake Superior State
    March 4 — NMU at Michigan Tech
    March 5 — Michigan Tech at NMU
    March 11-13 — WCHA Quarterfinals
    March 18-19 — WCHA Final Five — Van Andel Arena, Grand Rapids
    Last edited by FloridaCat; 05-04-2015, 08:39 PM.
    "I find that the most trouble encountered with quotes on the internet is figuring out their authenticity"
    -Abraham Lincoln

Re: NMU Wildcats 2015 off-season thread

WCHA composite schedule has the Oct 16-17 series with LSSU as a home and home series.

http://www.wcha.com/men/pres1415/201...y4wcm_comp.pdf
    "I find that the most trouble encountered with quotes on the internet is figuring out their authenticity"
    -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by FloridaCat View Post
      WCHA composite schedule has the Oct 16-17 series with LSSU as a home and home series.

The non-conference LSSU series is home & home. LSSU will do the same with Tech next year when those teams meet for just one WCHA series. The UP teams are now set to each meet 4x per year and to play in each other's barns each year.
      "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by FloridaCat View Post

About flipping time. I LOVED making that trip twice a year to the Soo while in college. A little sketchy coming back from the Soo in the middle of lake effect, but there usually were enough of us caravan-ing back across the Seney Stretch in case something happened.

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
        The non-conference LSSU series is home & home. LSSU will do the same with Tech next year when those teams meet for just one WCHA series. The UP teams are now set to each meet 4x per year and to play in each other's barns each year.
        Not a fan of playing conference mates as non-conference games. I understand that it allows the UP schools to have eight games against themselves for rivalry and travel ease, and I know Hockey East does it; but I don't have to like it.
        Last edited by aparch; 05-05-2015, 07:23 AM.
        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
          About flipping time. I LOVED making that trip twice a year to the Soo while in college. A little sketchy coming back from the Soo in the middle of lake effect, but there usually were enough of us caravan-ing back across the Seney Stretch in case something happened.

Not a fan of playing conference mates as non-conference games. I understand that it allows the UP schools to have eight games against themselves for rivalry and travel ease, and I know Hockey East does it; but I don't have to like it.
          I can live with it, bring that it's only every other year. I think fans in Marquette are more likely to enjoy LSSU than Mercyhurst. The unfortunate reality is that Minnesota isn't coming here and Ann Arbor and MSU won't do an even trade and won't offer a financial guarantee on the back end of a 2 for 1. Another former CCHA rival backed out of a 1 for 1 as well. We do have an agreement with Omaha in the future and are hoping to continue with Duluth.
          Last edited by davyd83; 05-05-2015, 09:17 AM.
          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

It would be nice if the league could work with NMU/LSSU schools to get them to Alaska when they're playing an NC series in this arrangement so that they can push to 36 games if they wish and not "lose" a chance for a non-conference home series.

GFM
            Geof F. Morris
            UAH BSE MAE 2002
            UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
              It would be nice if the league could work with NMU/LSSU schools to get them to Alaska when they're playing an NC series in this arrangement so that they can push to 36 games if they wish and not "lose" a chance for a non-conference home series.

GFM
              They'll always visit at least one of the Alaska schools and will always be eligible to play at least 36 games.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                They'll always visit at least one of the Alaska schools and will always be eligible to play at least 36 games.
                Wait, yeah. That's what I get for posting after midnight.

GFM
                Geof F. Morris
                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                UAHHockey.com

Comment

USHL Play-off MVP Highlights NMU Hockey Signees for 2015-16

http://www.nmuwildcats.com/sports/mi...20150516nd0db1
                  "The top three worst things I've seen in hockey? The invention of the trap. The invention of the morning skate. And the invention of the extremely ugly uniform."

—Brett Hull

Comment

Originally posted by eye4talent View Post
                    USHL Play-off MVP Highlights NMU Hockey Signees for 2015-16

http://www.nmuwildcats.com/sports/mi...20150516nd0db1

Kyle excited about NMU recruiting class

http://www.upmatters.com/1fulltext-s...QEyQtZOGW67BKg
                    "The top three worst things I've seen in hockey? The invention of the trap. The invention of the morning skate. And the invention of the extremely ugly uniform."

—Brett Hull

Comment

Just added a nice piece to my jersey collection. Was able to snag a CJ Ludwig Oklahoma City Barons jersey before they liquidated all their jerseys. OKC is moving to Bakersfield for next season.

Makes the 15th Wildcat related jersey I have.

Code:
                      Chicago Wolves		Nathan Oystrick		AHL	Authentic
                      Chicago Wolves		Matt Siddall		AHL	Game Worn
                      Oklahoma City Barons	C.J. Ludwig		AHL	Game Worn
                      Peoria Rivermen		Jim Jackson		AHL	Game Worn
                      Providence Bruins	Justin Florek		AHL	Game Worn
                      Toronto Marlies		Dusty Collins		AHL	Game Worn
                      Detroit Red Wings	Dallas Drake		NHL	Game Worn
                      St. Louis Blues		Dallas Drake		NHL	Game Worn
                      Florida Panthers	Mike Santorelli		NHL	Authentic
                      Florida Panthers Alt	Mike Santorelli		NHL	Authentic
                      Rockford IceHogs 	Ryan Carigan		UHL	Game Worn
                      Northern Michigan	Nathan Oystrick		CCHA	Game Worn
                      Northern Michigan	Clayton Lainsbury	CCHA	Game Worn
                      Northern Michigan	Dan Donnette		CCHA	Game Worn
                      Northern Michigan	Kory Kaunisto		CCHA	Game Worn
                      What does everyone else got?

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

For those of you in the UP from Newberry west, Tech and NMU have re-upped with TV6 to televise all four hockey games between the two schools in the 2015-16 season. The deal will also include the football game, men's and women's basketball, and volleyball contests on TV as well. Most games will air on FoxUP 6.2, with the slight possibly of moving to the main TV6 6.1 signal or the new 6.3 "GRIT" subchannel.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                          For those of you in the UP from Newberry west, Tech and NMU have re-upped with TV6 to televise all four hockey games between the two schools in the 2015-16 season. The deal will also include the football game, men's and women's basketball, and volleyball contests on TV as well. Most games will air on FoxUP 6.2, with the slight possibly of moving to the main TV6 6.1 signal or the new 6.3 "GRIT" subchannel.
                          Great news for UP Hockey!
                          It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

In sorta old news, Swedish native and current USHL Fargo Force goaltender Mathias Israelsson has committed to NMU for the 2015-16 season.
                            http://www.ushl.com/news_article/sho...rer_id=1348814

NMU is carrying five goaltenders into the fall semester: Aaron Beutenmiller, Mathias Dahlstrom, Derek Dun, Mathias Israelsson, and Atte Tolvanen.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                              In sorta old news, Swedish native and current USHL Fargo Force goaltender Mathias Israelsson has committed to NMU for the 2015-16 season.
                              http://www.ushl.com/news_article/sho...rer_id=1348814

NMU is carrying five goaltenders into the fall semester: Aaron Beutenmiller, Mathias Dahlstrom, Derek Dun, Mathias Israelsson, and Atte Tolvanen.
                              Did Doan leave?

Comment

Working...
                              X