Minnesota Womens summer Camp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minnesota Womens summer Camp

Does anyone know much about this camp? Is it well run? Are the Minnesota College coaches involved? Are some of the better Minnesota High School girls attending traditionally?
    Pass the puck

Re: Minnesota Womens summer Camp

Coach Frost is there every day. It's not a high profile camp for top end HS girls (or college coaches for recruiting purposes) to attend. There could be prior rosters on-line somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by 123kidd View Post
      Coach Frost is there every day. It's not a high profile camp for top end HS girls (or college coaches for recruiting purposes) to attend. There could be prior rosters on-line somewhere.
      I am sorry I don't know that much about hockey. What do you mean by prior rosters on-line somewhere? Do you mean that some of Minnesota's recruits go to the camp?
      Pass the puck

Comment

I highly doubt any current Gopher signees will attend this camp. It's more for youth girls to have fun at and play at Ridder all week.

Comment

Originally posted by 123kidd View Post
          I highly doubt any current Gopher signees will attend this camp. It's more for youth girls to have fun at and play at Ridder all week.
          What about the girls at the High School camp? Are they lower end?

where do the High end girls go for camps in MN?
          Pass the puck

Comment

Originally posted by Ahockeydad View Post
            What about the girls at the High School camp? Are they lower end?

where do the High end girls go for camps in MN?
            They leave. There is no good hockey in MN.

Are you looking for just a hockey camp or a showcase? If you are trying to find an aggregation of high end players, you should probably look at the various showcases such as Selects or Rush or NAHA.

Comment

My read is that some recruits & wannabe recruits go there. If Frosty has already recruited your daughter, and that's where she wants to go, then it wouldn't hurt to show up & have some fun. If Frosty hasn't recruited your daughter by junior year in H.S., then don't be under the illusion that she can show up & impress the Gopher coach & earn a spot on the team. Could happen, but doubtful. I'd suggest the Os and Os Prospects programs are better places to get your daughter noticed by more coaches. Os is development; Os Prospects program is games coached by college coaches, with some off-ice lectures by coaches on how H.S. girls should go about the recruiting process. Frosty has participated in Prospects in years past. There was a fall elite league a couple years ago in Minny that drew some D1 & D3 coaches...I assume this still happens. Of course, the High Performance spring festival & national camp is a big deal. Agree re. NAHA too.

Good luck.

Comment

It might be a bit late depending on her age but the Community Olympic Development program has tryouts regularly. If accepted the workouts are intensive, both on ice & dry land over the summer working with girls who have superior talent so they are high tempo and loaded with skill and conditioning drills that have been developed by the leading people in USA hockey. It was very impressive and my guess is the girls there get noticed by D-I coaches.

We're 10 years past hockey camps so I have no opinion about good or bad ones.

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
                  It might be a bit late depending on her age but the Community Olympic Development program has tryouts regularly. If accepted the workouts are intensive, both on ice & dry land over the summer working with girls who have superior talent so they are high tempo and loaded with skill and conditioning drills that have been developed by the leading people in USA hockey. It was very impressive and my guess is the girls there get noticed by D-I coaches.

We're 10 years past hockey camps so I have no opinion about good or bad ones.
                  . Thank you for the responses. This has been helpful.
                  Pass the puck

Comment

Does anyone know much about this camp? Is it well run? Are the Minnesota College coaches involved? Are some of the better Minnesota High School girls attending traditionally?
                    How old is your daughter and what are you looking for? If the goal is to improve find skill based camps that go for a period versus a week.

If your daughter is U12 - U14 or just starting HS get involved with Winny Brodt Brown and the programs she runs. OS is her main program. Most of her coaches are Gophers or other D1 players who grew up training with her and now are paying it forward to other young players.

Is CODP still going on? If so consider but be very careful on some of their off ice drills - form is key.

Skating is the key to the game and if you are local to Twin Cities try to work with Diane Ness or her son - great program.

Comment

Originally posted by joehockey View Post
                      How old is your daughter and what are you looking for? If the goal is to improve find skill based camps that go for a period versus a week.

If your daughter is U12 - U14 or just starting HS get involved with Winny Brodt Brown and the programs she runs. OS is her main program. Most of her coaches are Gophers or other D1 players who grew up training with her and now are paying it forward to other young players.

Is CODP still going on? If so consider but be very careful on some of their off ice drills - form is key.

Skating is the key to the game and if you are local to Twin Cities try to work with Diane Ness or her son - great program.
                      We do not live in MN. My girl wishes she did. So many more opportunities for development there it sounds like.
                      Pass the puck

Comment

We do not live in MN. My girl wishes she did. So many more opportunities for development there it sounds like.
                        Certainly lots to choose from!

http://www.letsplayhockey.com/images...5campguide.pdf
                        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

We were/are in the same boat. So, last summer we took our two daughters and son to Minnesota Made. Simply terrific. Jim was especially good with the girls. At a minimum, it's worth exploring online. It's a money making machine, I'm sure, but my "slightly above average travel" kids improved like crazy. Money well spent for a change. Just another option to consider.

Comment

Working...
                          X