Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota Gophers Off Season Thread 2015

Originally posted by BlueOx View Post
    Any idea if the Gophers will play an outdoor game in conjunction with the Wild/Hockey Day Minnesota?

I'd love to see the Northstar Cup series played outside over that weekend...
    No conference games on the Gophers schedule that weekend. NCHC and WCHA schedules are out as well. Looks like if it were to happen, it'd be against a school from out east.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueOx View Post
      No conference games on the Gophers schedule that weekend. NCHC and WCHA schedules are out as well. Looks like if it were to happen, it'd be against a school from out east.
      Game against Michigan four days after the Wild game. What a disaster a Thursday outdoor game would be...

Comment

Where do guys think Mike Reilly will end up next season? Would love to see him play here, but I'm guessing Chicago.

Ex-Gophers defenseman Reilly exploring NHL options
        http://www.startribune.com/ex-gopher...ons/306080511/
        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
          Where do guys think Mike Reilly will end up next season? Would love to see him play here, but I'm guessing Chicago.

Ex-Gophers defenseman Reilly exploring NHL options
          http://www.startribune.com/ex-gopher...ons/306080511/
          If he lands in Chicago, he'll kiss his 360 move goodbye and learn how to play the defense.

Comment

He'll have to learn to play defense wherever he goes.

Comment

Congrats to one of my personal favorite former Gopher players, Corey Millen and now head coach of the Minnesota Wilderness as the first Minnesota team to win the NAHL championship and the Robertson Cup last month. Darian Romanko was second in the league in goal scoring (31-30-61). I'm optimistic about what Darian will bring to the Gopher lineup next season.

Darian Romanko (Shoreview, Minn.) led all playoff scorers with 19 points, the highest playoff total since the 2012 season.

Comment

Gophers have two more NC series to fill, any ideas? I'm thinking it's a possibility that Cornell could be on the docket, given they have a free weekend before league play. Maybe one of the UMASSes is a possibility for the B1G/HE challenge?

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                  Gophers have two more NC series to fill, any ideas? I'm thinking it's a possibility that Cornell could be on the docket, given they have a free weekend before league play. Maybe one of the UMASSes is a possibility for the B1G/HE challenge?
                  The Gophers non-conference opponents have been known for at least a year.
                  6 vs MN teams
                  2 at MN tourney
                  2 vs Northeastern
                  2 at Notre Dame
                  2 Mariucci Classic

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                    The Gophers non-conference opponents have been known for at least a year.
                    6 vs MN teams
                    2 at MN tourney
                    2 vs Northeastern
                    2 at Notre Dame
                    2 Mariucci Classic
                    OK, very good. Thank you.

Comment

Competition heats up in net as Gophers add another Minnesota Wilderness player Brock Kautz, the 4th goalie to make the roster (senior Ryan Coyne, sophomore Nick Lehr and freshman Eric Schierhorn). As a 5th year junior player at 21 years old, he brings a lot of experience and determination between the pipes.

Kautz boasted a .944 save percentage during the playoffs and was named the Robertson Cup Most Valuable Player. Throughout the rest of the season, Kautz achieved a .906 save percentage in 23 games played. “His character is A-plus, and his work ethic is second to none,” Millen said. “I think the season he’s come off of and the adversity he’s faced will get him ready to play and perform.” “We’ll probably rotate some games early,” Minnesota head coach Don Lucia said. “Then, if somebody starts to step forward right away, we’ll give them an opportunity to run with it.”

Comment

I would think the only competition would be between Lehr and Schierhorn

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                          I would think the only competition would be between Lehr and Schierhorn
                          I think it's threeway and would include Kautz on that list. Lucia's comments suggest he's on that list and definitely in the hunt for the starting job.

Comment

Lucia's comments on Brock Kautz. If Kautz performs well early in the season, my prediction is he gets the job.

Comment

Lucia looked really happy to be there

Comment

How confident are the gopher fans with the incoming players for this upcoming year? How about your goalie situation? Seems similar to Nodaks question marks.

Comment

Working...
                                X