X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Gophers Off Season Thread 2015

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
    No big predictions there.
    Really? "My B1G picks" Some might place Sparty at 2nd considering Hildebrand (SR) will most likely be the top goalie in the B1G and they have the smallest FR class which means they return most of their scoring prowess with a very balanced offensive and physical attack. They split with Mich. and went 1-2-1 against the Gophers.

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
    In returning players scoring, we have David Goodwin (PSU) and...a couple of MI players and Kloos and Fasching within four points. Kloos has as good of a chance to increase scoring as anyone.

I don't see Brodzinski as a stretch for second team either as he'll inherit the QB position which at MN usually means a league leading scoring D...we'll see.
    Goodwin benefited last season by playing with Bailey and Holstrom for the bulk of his sophomore campaign, which elevated his ceiling with a 34-point run in 2014-15. Now that they're gone he'll most likely be paired with senior Eric Scheid...totally different storyline.

Not saying Kloos doesn't have a chance, but he's not a multifaceted player like Kyle Rau was either. It depends on who his linemates are...Fasching and ? (hopefully not Cammarata).

Brodzinski obviously can't fill Reilly's skates, so I don't think MG will put high expectations on him at QB. I think we'll see Bischoff, a more stable D as more of a QB this season and run O systems with a view to a more balanced scoring attack than last season.

Comment

• Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
      Really? "My B1G picks" Some might place Sparty at 2nd considering Hildebrand (SR) will most likely be the top goalie in the B1G and they have the smallest FR class which means they return most of their scoring prowess with a very balanced offensive and physical attack. They split with Mich. and went 1-2-1 against the Gophers.

Goodwin benefited last season by playing with Bailey and Holstrom for the bulk of his sophomore campaign, which elevated his ceiling with a 34-point run in 2014-15. Now that they're gone he'll most likely be paired with senior Eric Scheid...totally different storyline.

Not saying Kloos doesn't have a chance, but he's not a multifaceted player like Kyle Rau was either. It depends on who his linemates are...Fasching and ? (hopefully not Cammarata).

Brodzinski obviously can't fill Reilly's skates, so I don't think MG will put high expectations on him at QB. I think we'll see Bischoff, a more stable D as more of a QB this season and run O systems with a view to a more balanced scoring attack than last season.
      I prefer Bischoff as #1 PP QB as well.
      @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
      On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
      High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Is there a TV broadcast schedule out yet? When is first televised game?

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
          Is there a TV broadcast schedule out yet? When is first televised game?
          Join the Dark Side that is GPL, and you will gain knowledge, my friend.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            Or you can simply click here:

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/m...key-sched.html
            Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
              But if you click here you'll also get the streaming info on games that are not televised. And you can link to the calendar directly and have it up to date.

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                But if you click here you'll also get the streaming info on games that are not televised. And you can link to the calendar directly and have it up to date.
                Cool. I recall reading in the Strib the other day that the TV schedule is not finalized and it's likely that more games will be added.
                Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
                  True...UVM didn't lose much from last season except Hoffman their goalie, so there's a concern in net.
                  Hey guys, wish I could make the trip to Minny but alas not in the cards at this point. Any internet streaming?

Regardless just a quick a note, for us Catamount fans there isn't much concern in net. That's really a media "concern" because otherwise they'd actually have to do some thinking. While Hoffman is a big loss, Santaguida is more then capable going 0.923sv% (better then Hoffman) with a 2.08GAA in 25 games last season.

Can't wait to see how things match up and if the Gophers want to come out kinda rough that first game, well that's OK by me.

Cheers
                  Originally posted by Hokydad
                  Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Comment

And, on occasion, Irish Car Bomb cupcakes. But only if you're really cool.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

What the hell is American Sports Network?

Comment

I have thus far been able to avoid the pull (at least for posting - Regular lurker during my lunchbreak).

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
                            I have thus far been able to avoid the pull (at least for posting - Regular lurker during my lunchbreak).
                            Lurking counts in my book. I lurked here for quite a while before posting. Same with GPL.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnypohlfan View Post
                              What the hell is American Sports Network?
                              It's a sort of syndicated network (not sure if that is the correct term for it).
                              Basically, they produce content and it then gets picked up by various regional carriers. Last year their broadcasts were aired on Ch. 23 (I think).

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                              Can't wait to see how things match up and if the Gophers want to come out kinda rough that first game, well that's OK by me.

Cheers
                              I'm eager to see myself, although I would be very surprised if MN came out trying to play a rough'n'tumble kind of game.
                              EDIT: Duh. I just realized you meant rough as in rusty, not rough as in dirty like UND.

...Brodzinski obviously can't fill Reilly's skates, so I don't think MG will put high expectations on him at QB. I think we'll see Bischoff, a more stable D as more of a QB this season and run O systems with a view to a more balanced scoring attack than last season.
                              I'm with you and MNstateofhockey. At this point I just don't trust Brodz to be the guy on the PP. Maybe that will change as the season goes on, and I'm sure he'll be given some opportunities to prove his consistency, but I agree with your guess that we will see someone a bit more stable out there.

With my November move it Portland it looks like I'll be purchasing a BTN2Go subscription. I was already planning on getting the WCHA subscription as well, and I think the Notre Dame streams are free (?). At least that's what I think I remember from before. So the only games I'll have to go to the bar for are the ESPNews ones.

But what the hell is BTNPlus? Can anyone confirm if that is available via the BTN2Go subscription?
                              Last edited by Stauber1; 09-25-2015, 10:23 PM.

Comment

BTN+ is just the paid tier of BTN2Go.

Comment

Working...
                                X