PDA

View Full Version : Providence College Friars, the best off-season ever!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10

Felger
06-09-2015, 08:40 AM
Doubt Ellis is the "everyday" starter by mid season as Hawkey was drafted last year by the Canadiens and highly touted more so than Ellis was ever"

Perhaps Borek could bring a proven Hockey East goaltender (who has a year of eligibility remaining) with him.

Wouldn't be the first goalie from Rochester N.H. to be play for the Friars

kdiff77
06-09-2015, 11:40 AM
Doubt Ellis is the "everyday" starter by mid season as Hawkey was drafted last year by the Canadiens and highly touted more so than Ellis was ever"

Yeah, so you guys will be just fine.

kdiff77
06-09-2015, 11:42 AM
I think Bryant would start hockey before URI because Bryant president is a sports fanatic with how he deals with many of his sports teams...look at who coaches the lacrosse team and the amount of money that school has for athletic facilities

I'd welcome either, at this point. URI is less likely because of the state's economic woes. I know they built Boss Arena with an eye toward expanding it to suit the needs of a potential D-1 program someday, but it doesn't look like a feasible option at this point.

Maybe Bryant could raise some money and build a new arena to house the basketball programs and a potential hockey team. I know their basketball teams play in a ratty old gym, so an upgrade for them would be nice.

The Zlax45
06-09-2015, 02:58 PM
Perhaps Borek could bring a proven Hockey East goaltender (who has a year of eligibility remaining) with him.

Wouldn't be the first goalie from Rochester N.H. to be play for the Friars

Also, Gillies best friend

The Freds
06-12-2015, 01:34 PM
I'd welcome either, at this point. URI is less likely because of the state's economic woes. I know they built Boss Arena with an eye toward expanding it to suit the needs of a potential D-1 program someday, but it doesn't look like a feasible option at this point.

Maybe Bryant could raise some money and build a new arena to house the basketball programs and a potential hockey team. I know their basketball teams play in a ratty old gym, so an upgrade for them would be nice.

Bryant did have a D-3 team in the 70's, but the program was dropped after about 6 or 7 years as I recall. As a Bryant alumnus, I am not hearing any talk about bringing hockey back. I was back on campus last month and the discussion was that there is a club program, but not much else.

C-H-C
06-18-2015, 11:57 AM
Jake Ryczek chooses Providence.

friarfan7
06-20-2015, 09:11 AM
Jake Ryczek chooses Providence.

Previously a UNH commit? I assume he's following Coach Borek?

satking
06-26-2015, 07:21 AM
Good story on PC freshman Foley in todays ProJo.....sounds like Nate has a good one there a real scorer and hitter

The Freds
06-26-2015, 02:36 PM
Good story on PC freshman Foley in todays ProJo.....sounds like Nate has a good one there a real scorer and hitter

Here's the link: PC's Foley hoping his strong season pays off at NHL Draft (http://www.providencejournal.com/article/20150625/SPORTS/150629503/14014)

The Freds
07-01-2015, 02:41 PM
Nice to see the news that Seven Men's Hockey Players Earn Hockey East All-Academic Team Honors (http://www.friars.com/sports/m-hockey/spec-rel/070115aaa.html) (and 13 on the women's team. While a long time hockey fan, I am happy when PC continues to graduate its players and that academics are so important. Congratulations to the Friars!

satking
07-13-2015, 06:50 AM
Things seem very quiet on the hill, is there no new happenings at all

PC91
07-13-2015, 04:42 PM
Things seem very quiet on the hill, is there no new happenings at all

They certainly don't seem in a rush to put out the schedule for this season. Just sayin.

PcFriars13
07-13-2015, 04:51 PM
As someone who needs to book flights for games...this is not making me happy haha.

The Freds
07-13-2015, 06:34 PM
On the other hand, I was looking at available tickets the other day and they are selling lots of season tickets apparently.

satking
07-13-2015, 08:26 PM
Everyone loves a winner !!!!!!

On the other hand, I was looking at available tickets the other day and they are selling lots of season tickets apparently.

The Freds
07-14-2015, 03:18 PM
I was on friars.com today and they have a couple of time lapse videos of the new soccer/lacrosse stadium under construction. It appears to be taking the entire parking lot located next to Schneider Arena. Does anyone know where they will be parking cars next year? Do I sense a high rise parking garage in the future? We might have to take RIPTA buses to get there. ;)

The Zlax45
07-16-2015, 12:27 PM
I was on friars.com today and they have a couple of time lapse videos of the new soccer/lacrosse stadium under construction. It appears to be taking the entire parking lot located next to Schneider Arena. Does anyone know where they will be parking cars next year? Do I sense a high rise parking garage in the future? We might have to take RIPTA buses to get there. ;)

I believe where the old tennis courts were they are putting a garage in...

The Freds
07-17-2015, 06:21 PM
Can I just say that every time I go to the USCHO.com home page I smile when I see the Skating Friar there as the Men's #1 team. Every time I load that page I smile when I see the banner ad to "Shop Providence National Champions Merchandise." Can I say that I smile when I load the NCAA.com men's hockey page and Friars' photos are all over the place. Almost four months later I am still smiling about April. :D :D

It was a long wait...

satking
07-18-2015, 07:41 AM
How big would that smile be with Back to Back wins !!!!!!!!

Can I just say that every time I go to the USCHO.com home page I smile when I see the Skating Friar there as the Men's #1 team. Every time I load that page I smile when I see the banner ad to "Shop Providence National Champions Merchandise." Can I say that I smile when I load the NCAA.com men's hockey page and Friars' photos are all over the place. Almost four months later I am still smiling about April. :D :D

It was a long wait...

dillon
07-18-2015, 08:40 AM
Where's the schedule?? Based on checking out other schedules, we open with Holy Cross at home, and have two at home the next weekend against Ohio State.