Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Providence College Friars, the best off-season ever!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Providence College Friars, the best off-season ever!

Originally posted by PC91 View Post
    Cool trophy. What did they get that for?
    It looks just like the one RPI "stole" in 1985.

Comment

I stumbled onto this Woonsocket Call article about John Dolan, PC '81, who was the master of ceremonies at the Friars celebration at Schneider, and was the PA announcer for the Frozen Four. Thought I would share it: http://www.woonsocketcall.com/node/13157

Comment

Originally posted by PcFriars13 View Post
        I wish they'd release the dang schedule so I can plan out my October. I *really* hope I can get tickets to the "banner" raising/wall unveiling/whatever game. I'm clearly very invested in the program, and if I didn't live a solid 8 hours away I'd be a season ticket holder. Guess we'll see how this goes...
        They open with an exhibition vs a Canadian school and head to Miami (OH) the week after...I believe Ohio State is the next weekend which will be the first official home game.
        Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

So, I got an email today reminding me about tickets for next years Frozen Four. It had pictures of our team in there! That was cool!
          Providence College
          National Champions

Save the Fighting Sioux!!

Comment

Originally posted by Netman View Post
            So, I got an email today reminding me about tickets for next years Frozen Four. It had pictures of our team in there! That was cool!
            PC will be the 'Defending National Champions' through at least April 9th, 2016. Enjoy!
            'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by Netman View Post
              I thought Eichel was the only player that was in the Frozen Four ;-)

Comment

Good article about Lou in todays ProJo

Comment

Originally posted by The Freds View Post
                  It looks just like the one RPI "stole" in 1985.
                  We "stole" nothing. Get over it.
                  And congratulations on your National Championship. Your team definitely deserved it...

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                    I think the Sioux are being too hasty if the reports are true that Brad Berry is in line to be elevated to the head coaching spot. There is a perfect assistant now at Notre Dame -- who has head coaching experience to boot -- that needs to move on...
                    This post by a Notre Dame fan in the thread about North Dakota's Dave Hakstol being named the new coach of the Philadelphia Flyers made me smile. Couldn't help it.

Comment

No worry about being scalped if he fails

Comment

Assistant Coach Steve Miller is out according to multiple sources....He didn't last long in Providence at all.

Comment

we're playing Holy Cross on Oct 17 at home. Banner night?
                          Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                            Assistant Coach Steve Miller is out according to multiple sources....He didn't last long in Providence at all.
                            Here is the Projo story. I applaud his decision. Life is too short.

http://providencejournal.com/article...561/14022/NEWS
                            Last edited by The Freds; 05-24-2015, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Family should always come first......he won't be unemployed for long and thank you for all you did for PC

Comment

Great way to go out, well deserved. One of the good guys out there, and a very, very good coach to boot

Coach Murphy moving up? I know other schools recruiting

Comment

Working...
                                X