X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carey Price Interviewed by Peter Mansbridge on The National

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/canadi...idge-1.3014918

Re: Carey Price Interviewed by Peter Mansbridge on The National

Did not bother watching the clip, BUT...Just wondering how this is relevant to Women's college hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
      Did not bother watching the clip, BUT...Just wondering how this is relevant to Women's college hockey.
      I watched it & loved it. Your post just got the dumb *** post of the day award! Congrats

Comment

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
        Maybe I should have prefaced it with "For those who might be interested in a bit of insight into the position of goaltender, since there are female goaltenders in women's hockey, from one who is widely acknowledged as presently being the best at that position in the world".

I also didn't think that it was too big a deal with our being in the slow season...but if pressed further I would say that friends of mine have a daughter who used to play hockey and she was a goaltender...and a pretty good one too, but she was/is also an incredibly gifted artist. Leading up to the 2007 World Junior Tournament there was a national contest held to consider designs for the masks of the two Canadian goaltenders. She entered and hers was one of the two winning submissions. Consequently, her design was worn by Carey Price on his mask during the 2007 World Junior Championship Tournament. I forget the game at which this occurred but she and the other winner were honoured at the MTS Centre and introduced to the crowd.

Pretty special, I would think, for a 17 year old hockey player. Instant international recognition of her work and talent and her underlying love of the game. If I told you that her design was the one with the poppy on one side how many here would not remember? That side was easily recognizable due to its simplicity.

So, there you have it...there's the connection...problem solved.
        Last edited by Blackbeard; 04-14-2015, 10:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
          friends of mine have a daughter who used to play hockey and she was a goaltender...and a pretty good one too, but she was/is also an incredibly gifted artist. Leading up to the 2007 World Junior Tournament there was a national contest held to consider designs for the masks of the two Canadian goaltenders. She entered and hers was one of the two winning submissions. Consequently, her design was worn by Carey Price on his mask during the 2007 World Junior Championship Tournament. I forget the game at which this occurred but she and the other winner were honoured at the MTS Centre and introduced the crowd.
          Very cool!

Since this is the miscellaneous goaltender tidbit thread:
          I heard an interview with Sidney Peters, Gophers red-shirt freshman, and she was asked about her routine on game day. She said early in the day she watched highlight reel you tube videos of NHL goaltenders, and closer to game time she listened to inspirational speeches (i.e. lots of them from sports movies). I thought that was pretty great!

Comment

Originally posted by Call It View Post
            I watched it & loved it. Your post just got the dumb *** post of the day award! Congrats
            No problem calling me on it. .

I'll admit it, I was lazy and did not watch the clip. A link without any explanation or preface WRT the subject matter is not enticing enough for me to watch/read. Sell it first.

Comment

Working...
            X