Aic 2015-16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aic 2015-16

First two commitments for American International.

Ryan Polin, D from Topeka Roadrunners(NAHL)
    http://www.juniorhockey.com/news/new...?news_id=86759

Luke Rodgers, F, from New Jersey Hitmen(USPHL)

Both from the state of Michigan.

Re: Aic 2015-16

What does it take to get one of your jerseys? I am serious. I don't care if they are lettered or not. To me...one of the most elusive (and nice looking; serious about that) jerseys I know of for college hockey.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I would try contacting BL Tees
      Maple Tree Industrial Center 21 Wilbraham Street, (RT20) Mail Box # 4A, Palmer, Massachusetts 01069
      Phone
      (413) 289-0050
      Email
      bltees@aol.com

I got my "American International" jersey from them. Hopefully they will get the deal to make the next round of jerseys, when that time comes.

Comment

Any information on the 2015-16 schedule besides going to the Brice Alaska Gold Rush on October 16 & 17 with RPI, UAF, and UAA

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          What does it take to get one of your jerseys? I am serious. I don't care if they are lettered or not. To me...one of the most elusive (and nice looking; serious about that) jerseys I know of for college hockey.
          The one hanging at the Garden last weekend was there for the taking😀

Comment

Originally posted by UMATTACK View Post
            Any information on the 2015-16 schedule besides going to the Brice Alaska Gold Rush on October 16 & 17 with RPI, UAF, and UAA
            UMass Amherst again.

I am questionable on whether they will play 8 OOC games (with the 2 Alaska exemptions) because of all the travel to Air Force this year and last. We also are the only AHA team to have 3 western pod teams on our 4 games against schedule. AHA is 4 teams 4 games and 6 teams 2 games. This year we should go to Pittsburgh, Erie, Buffalo and Colorado if I understand the conference schedule properly.

Maybe some single games so there are no overnight stays. Being in the east affords the team that possibility.

Comment

Lucas Bombardier, F From the Connecticut Oilers

http://www.thehour.com/sports/ct-oil...a5bb94692.html

We are also looking for an assistant coach.

Comment

Johnny Mueller, D, Fairbanks Ice Dogs
                +28 last year.

Comment

Two more recruits

Shawn McBride F, Victoria Grizzlies, BCHL from British Columbia
                  http://www.bchl.ca/leagues/newslette...393&page=88373

Marc Dubeau, C, Kindersley Klippers, SJHL from Alberta
                  https://kylejahns.wordpress.com/2015...ommits-to-aic/

Also, article for Mueller,
                  http://www.newsminer.com/sports/ice_...39f1445d8.html

Comment

Anyone able to run the numbers, but people are saying the AHA is a cost containment league, but looking at AIC's schedule, the number of days they are going to need hotel rooms is more than any Hockey East team other than maybe UConn who is spending a week on the road going from Minnesota to Arizona or Notre Dame. (For example, B.U. may only need to spend 3 nights on a hotel all year)

AIC on the road in hotels:
                    Alaska 3 or 4
                    Penn State 1+
                    Robert Morris 1+
                    Niagara 1
                    Air Force 3 or 4
                    RIT 1
                    Mercyhurst 1 (possibly 4 if they go from Princeton out to Erie instead of going home)

That's at least 11 nights in a hotel, which is not cheap.

UConn
                    Alabama 2 or 3
                    Minnesota to Arizona 10 days?
                    Maine 1

Hockey East's league hotels are minimal except for the outliers, especially like Notre Dame 5 league trips and two OOC trips.

Comment

Originally posted by CornwallAce View Post
                      Anyone able to run the numbers, but people are saying the AHA is a cost containment league, but looking at AIC's schedule, the number of days they are going to need hotel rooms is more than any Hockey East team other than maybe UConn who is spending a week on the road going from Minnesota to Arizona or Notre Dame. (For example, B.U. may only need to spend 3 nights on a hotel all year)

Alaska 3 or 4
                      Penn State 1+
                      Robert Morris 1+
                      Niagara 1
                      Air Force 3 or 4
                      RIT 1
                      Mercyhurst 1 (possibly 4 if they go from Princeton out to Erie instead of going home)

UConn
                      Alabama 2 or 3
                      Maine 1

Hockey East's league hotels are minimal except for the outliers, especially like Notre Dame 5 league trips and two OOC trips.
                      I think more in terms of spending on facilities and improvements for the program in general. I agree with you that teams in our conference spend more money than people give our league credit for.

Also reddit is doing a 60 teams in 60 days for college hockey teams and I was wondering CornwallAce if you would be interested in helping me with AIC's post.

Comment

Originally posted by ritBLKnORGsuit View Post

Also reddit is doing a 60 teams in 60 days for college hockey teams and I was wondering CornwallAce if you would be interested in helping me with AIC's post.
                        Let me know what you're looking for!

Comment

Let me know what you're looking for!
                          https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...4DU/edit?pli=1

Here's the doc with what the article would like. I can easily look up the info in regards to general info on the school itself. But the more detailed items like the key players to watch, their rivals, key games next season, greatest coaches and players, greatest games, any athletic traditions for the hockey team, and the season summary for last year since you would probably have a better feel for how last season went for them then I would. If you see other information you would like to fill out you can as well I just need to have it ready to post by September 7th.

Comment

Alaska 3 or 4
                            Penn State 1+
                            Robert Morris 1+
                            Niagara 1
                            Air Force 3 or 4
                            RIT 1

UConn
                            Alabama 2 or 3
                            Maine 1

I thought cost containment referred to the number of athletic scholarships a school can offer. So if the number in the league is lower than
                            competitive leagues, a team whose looking to contain cost by not offering the full amount of scholarships can still compete.
                            RIT Tigers

Comment

Hi All - It appears AIC has out-recruited Michigan Tech for Trevor Cope.
                              http://www.aicyellowjackets.com/news...x?path=mhockey

I purchased one of his Rivermen jerseys for my collection, but since he won't be heading to Tech maybe someone in the AIC fan base would be interested. I would love to trade the jersey for an AIC game worn jersey if someone has one available. Feel free to email me if you are interested (info@johnsonsjerseys.net).
                              Ryan

Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                              https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                              Originally posted by geezer
                              Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                              Originally posted by manurespreader
                              ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Working...
                              X