How to deal with defeat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to deal with defeat?

Just think of it this way, well hockey god didn't want me to win. He tricked me. I have (or we as a team) tried my best, but still failed.

Even if you are an atheist, you can still think this way.

It doesn't mean you should be sad for this humiliating event forever.

It's fate. It's beyond human. it's not your fault.

Don't say s*** happens. That's the sentiment of denial.

Take it and congratulate the winners.

Hope or pray better luck next time.

Re: How to deal with defeat?

Good talk

Comment

As a long-suffering Northeastern fan who has endured more than his share of heartbreaking losses over the years (right up to and including the 2015 Beanpot), I can tell everyone with great certainty that the sun usually comes up the next morning.
      "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

If you were to ask the fans of most teams at the start of the season whether they would be happy if their team made it to the NCAA finals, I think most of them would say "yes."
        "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nqcgUDoV_M

You won 6 years ago.. Suck it up buttercup.

Comment

Originally posted by ymmit View Post
            Just think of it this way, well hockey god didn't want me to win. He tricked me. I have (or we as a team) tried my best, but still failed.

Even if you are an atheist, you can still think this way.

It doesn't mean you should be sad for this humiliating event forever.

It's fate. It's beyond human. it's not your fault.

Don't say s*** happens. That's the sentiment of denial.

Take it and congratulate the winners.

Hope or pray better luck next time.

It's also hard as a fan, since we have no control.

But the players seem to be able to. I'm assuming that other teams react like mine did-but back in the Devner FF, Michigan lost a game against ND that was devasting to us. Really tough to take. The next night is the Hobey, and since one of our players was in it (and won) the team stuck around- and were all out on the concourse post ceremony. They were taking the tough loss way better than we were, and that changed our perspective quite a bit.

How they did that, or do that, I don't know- since I've never played that level of sport. But they do.

So BU was crushed at the game, and probably came to grips with it fast enough. It's more important for them to learn something than me- since I'm just a spectator. So perhaps they learned something, too.

Eventually all losses' sting subsides. Never goes completely away, just to a level that one can deal with.

Comment

Working...
            X