Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digit Murphy out at the Blades

http://www.cwhl.ca/view/cwhl/news-644/news_292969

The CWHL has terminated its contracts with Boston Blades Head Coach Digit Murphy and General Manager Aronda Kirby. The CWHL will announce a new Head Coach and GM for the Boston Blades in the weeks ahead. After discussions with Murphy and Kirby the league was unable to reach an agreement and has subsequently filed a notice of opposition with the US Patent and Trademark Office, related to a trademark application filed by Digit Murphy Enterprises, Inc.

see also http://www.outlookhockey.com/2015/04....html?spref=tw

What we know about the background is that Digit filed last year for a trademark on the Blades logo as a service mark, and the CWHL filed in March for a trademark on the name only as a trademark and service mark. If Digit filed for a trademark related to the Blades without telling the CWHL, that was very irresponsible, and I would say acceptable grounds for termination. But it seems like there's been bad blood between the two parties for a while and this was more of an excuse than a reason.

I met Digit a few times and loved her energy, and she was very kind to my daughter. Hope this isn't the end of the road for her in hockey.

Re: Digit Murphy out at the Blades

Originally posted by wwhyte View Post
    http://www.cwhl.ca/view/cwhl/news-644/news_292969

The CWHL has terminated its contracts with Boston Blades Head Coach Digit Murphy and General Manager Aronda Kirby. The CWHL will announce a new Head Coach and GM for the Boston Blades in the weeks ahead. After discussions with Murphy and Kirby the league was unable to reach an agreement and has subsequently filed a notice of opposition with the US Patent and Trademark Office, related to a trademark application filed by Digit Murphy Enterprises, Inc.

see also http://www.outlookhockey.com/2015/04....html?spref=tw

What we know about the background is that Digit filed last year for a trademark on the Blades logo as a service mark, and the CWHL filed in March for a trademark on the name only as a trademark and service mark. If Digit filed for a trademark related to the Blades without telling the CWHL, that was very irresponsible, and I would say acceptable grounds for termination. But it seems like there's been bad blood between the two parties for a while and this was more of an excuse than a reason.

I met Digit a few times and loved her energy, and she was very kind to my daughter. Hope this isn't the end of the road for her in hockey.
    She seems to bring trouble off the rink wherever she goes these days, which is unfortunate. Have heard many people say exactly what you say about her, but she has had ugly endings recently at Brown, the Islanders (only hearsay - know next to nothing about that one), and now the Blades. From the outside, I would suggest that her work appraisal would read something like "needs to improve her skills in working as a team player rather than manipulating situations for her own benefit at the expense of others"....

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyEast33 View Post
      She seems to bring trouble off the rink wherever she goes these days, which is unfortunate. Have heard many people say exactly what you say about her, but she has had ugly endings recently at Brown, the Islanders (only hearsay - know next to nothing about that one), and now the Blades. From the outside, I would suggest that her work appraisal would read something like "needs to improve her skills in working as a team player rather than manipulating situations for her own benefit at the expense of others"....
      How about "Coach Murphy will only work for those who follow through on their contractual obligations."

Comment

Originally posted by Hux View Post
        How about "Coach Murphy will only work for those who follow through on their contractual obligations."
        How about..."three strikes and you're out" ?

Comment

Originally posted by Hux View Post
          Interested minds now want to know . What were the contractual obligations at Brown, the Islanders, and now the Blades that were not fulfilled?

Comment

The CWHL is run by a bunch of self-serving and incompetent yahoos. Anyone with any professionalism would have great difficulty in dealing with them.

Comment

Working...
            X