Mike Richter Award

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Richter Award

Of course i am partial to Alex Lyon and think he was the major reason Yale made the NCAA's. His stats are impeccable , but McIntyre may win by virtue of going farther in the tourney and being an upperclassman, thoughts?

Let’s Play Hockey and the Herb Brooks Foundation announced today the five finalists for the 2015 Mike Richter Award, which honors the most outstanding goaltender in NCAA men’s hockey. The second annual award will be presented by Mike Richter at the 2015 NCAA Men’s Frozen Four in Boston.

In alphabetical order, the finalists for the 2015 Mike Richter Award are:

Candidate School Year Minutes W-L-T GAA SV% SO Saves
    Kyle Hayton St. Lawrence Freshman 2117 20-12-3 1.90 .939 5 1035
    Jake Hildebrand Michigan State Junior 2034 17-15-2 2-12 .930 6 961
    Alex Lyon Yale Sophomore 1858 17-9-5 1.58 .939 7 758
    Zane McIntyre North Dakota Junior 2196 27-7-3 1.97 .932 1 989
    Jamie Phillips Michigan Tech Junior 2229 27-7-2 1.61 .938 6 913
    YALE HOCKEY
    2013 National Champions

Re: Mike Richter Award

North Dakota can get all the hockey players they want.. & then some..
    @ Yale they have to get by admissions.. which by itself is harder than making the hockey team.

With what he had to work with..

Lyon.
    g'luck to all ..just my .02
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Zane's numbers are not as good as some of the others, but there is little doubt that he is deserving of the award. The Sioux would not be in the Frozen Four without him.
      Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Are they going to present this at the Hobey ceremony?

Comment

From the press release on the website, The second annual award will be presented by Mike Richter at the 2015 NCAA Men’s Frozen Four in Boston
          YALE HOCKEY
          2013 National Champions

Comment

So, intentionally vague then.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
              So, intentionally vague then.
              Yes a conspiracy to make sure all Boston area goalies are excluded! Candidates for the Mike Richter Award were determined by nominations from all 59 NCAA Division I men’s hockey head coaches. The finalists and winner will be selected by a committee of coaches, scouts and members of the media.

Criteria for the Mike Richter Award:

- Candidates must display outstanding skills on the ice

- Candidates should be in good academic standing at an NCAA college or university

- Consideration should be given to academic achievement and sportsmanship

- Candidates must comply with all NCAA rules; be full-time students at an NCAA college or university; and complete 50 percent or more of the season

- Consideration should be given to the candidate’s activities in the community
              YALE HOCKEY
              2013 National Champions

Comment

I heard they are considering delaying the Hobey presentation until Saturday night so Zane can be presented with it, this award, the national championship and sign a contract with the Bruins all at the same time. Tuukka Rask will then immediately announce his retirement which will allow Zane to backstop Boston to the Stanley Cup. Remember you heard it hear first.
                Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                  Yes a conspiracy to make sure all Boston area goalies are excluded! Candidates for the Mike Richter Award were determined by nominations from all 59 NCAA Division I men’s hockey head coaches. The finalists and winner will be selected by a committee of coaches, scouts and members of the media.

Criteria for the Mike Richter Award:

- Candidates must display outstanding skills on the ice

- Candidates should be in good academic standing at an NCAA college or university

- Consideration should be given to academic achievement and sportsmanship

- Candidates must comply with all NCAA rules; be full-time students at an NCAA college or university; and complete 50 percent or more of the season

- Consideration should be given to the candidate’s activities in the community
                  Um, yeah, I know all about it. They said they were going to present it during the Frozen Four. Which is over three days. I asked if it was going to be presented during the ceremony when they present the Hobey, because I think they're also presenting the Hockey Humanitarian Award that night so it makes perfect sense. I'd like to see it. So yeah, that comment about it being awarded at the Frozen Four IS intentionally vague as it didn't say where or when.

Comment

Um, yeah, I know all about it. They said they were going to present it during the Frozen Four. Which is over three days. I asked if it was going to be presented during the ceremony when they present the Hobey, because I think they're also presenting the Hockey Humanitarian Award that night so it makes perfect sense. I'd like to see it. So yeah, that comment about it being awarded at the Frozen Four IS intentionally vague as it didn't say where or when.
                    Only the middle man here working with the info that i have seen. Being local, maybe you should inquire with the host University? And, Um yeah, if you know all about it. Why do you keep asking questions?
                    YALE HOCKEY
                    2013 National Champions

Comment

I asked one question - will they present it at the Hobey ceremony? Apologies for thinking a fan of one of the finalists might actually have a clue when it might be awarded.

Comment

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
                        Zane's numbers are not as good as some of the others, but there is little doubt that he is deserving of the award. The Sioux would not be in the Frozen Four without him.
                        So it's an MVP award then? I wasn't aware of that, thought it was for the outstanding goalie.

Comment

Maybe someone from the Riverhawks fanbase can help. This is after all new.. was awarded last year for first time to Connor Hellebucyk sometime over frozen four wknd in Philadelphia. I am purely guessing this will be presented at TD Garden either Thurs or Sat but I could be wrong. Any Lowell fans that witnessed/ attended the ceremony perhaps can shed better light.
                          GO NU HOCKEY
                          Always bullish on the future.
                          We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Are they going to present this at the Hobey ceremony?
                            Yes

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                              Being local, maybe you should inquire with the host University?
                              There isn't a "host university." The tournament is being hosted by the league, Hockey East Association.

Comment

Working...
                              X