X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BU season thread 4 - 2014-15 // destiny's children

We have 8 days to close this one
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Re: BU season thread 4 - 2014-15 // destiny's children

Classic BU ticket office story: I'm in a large group of season ticket holders managed by a friend who works for the university. After getting the rejection email earlier in the week we got the "We can now fulfill your order" email on Friday. After everyone does a victory lap, they tell us, "Oh, sorry. We can only give you five tickets." Well played BU. Well played. Now we have to schedule a cage match to the death to decide on which 5 get the tickets. Anyone know a promoter? #PayPerViewRoyaltiesOpportunity

BU Hockey: ****ing with Our Emotions On the Ice and at the Box Office
    It Happened!!!!

Comment

Is it next weekend yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
        Classic BU ticket office story: I'm in a large group of season ticket holders managed by a friend who works for the university. After getting the rejection email earlier in the week we got the "We can now fulfill your order" email on Friday. After everyone does a victory lap, they tell us, "Oh, sorry. We can only give you five tickets." Well played BU. Well played. Now we have to schedule a cage match to the death to decide on which 5 get the tickets. Anyone know a promoter? #PayPerViewRoyaltiesOpportunity

BU Hockey: ****ing with Our Emotions On the Ice and at the Box Office
        How many peeps do you sit with?

Comment

We have 24 seats I think. But only put in for 12 FF tix.
          It Happened!!!!

Comment

I wonder if BU is trying to distribute tickets amongst a similar point level or if you are literally the end of the line and got the last 5? I also wonder if having a person who works at BU was a benefit or if having such a large group had anything to do with it.

BU Hockey: Ticket Questions

Comment

If it is a group that buys 24 tickets who gets the credit (points)?

I couldn't do that. I'm a control freak type A. No way I could handle that situation

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
                I wonder if BU is trying to distribute tickets amongst a similar point level or if you are literally the end of the line and got the last 5? I also wonder if having a person who works at BU was a benefit or if having such a large group had anything to do with it.

BU Hockey: Ticket Questions
                They would have to be tied with "437" TLP or something.

Brownie works at BU and has no problems

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                  found the sheet after the focus group that was changing (now acutal) the calculation.

there were 1,673 participants in the ice hockey ticket holders (i was 223rd)
                  there were 14 women's hockey participants
                  114 men's basketball participants
                  100 women's basketball folks.

in the 'total supporters of bu athletics' group there were 45,634 participants (i was 614 there).
                  That was from March 2011. My ranks were:
                  men's ice hockey ticket holders - 41st
                  women's hockey ticket holders - 4th
                  men's basketball ticket holders - 0
                  women's basketball ticket holders - 0
                  total supporters of bu athletics - 139th

I received another TLP in March 2012, the last one I received with the "Where You Stand" section:
                  men's ice hockey ticket holders - total 927 - my rank 35th
                  women's hockey ticket holders - total 14 - my rank 4th
                  men's basketball ticket holders - blank
                  women's basketball ticket holders - blank
                  total supporters of bu athletics - total 45,945 - my rank 152nd

So even though my men's ice hockey rank rose my overall rank dropped. Since then I have received three more TLP updates, 2 with points/giving breakdowns, but not rankings.

Sean
                  Last edited by Sean Pickett; 04-04-2015, 03:43 PM.
                  Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                  Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                  BU Hockey highlights and extras
                  NCAA Hockey Financials
                  Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                  I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

You have a group of 24 season tickets, have been a STH for 30 years, (I think that's what you said in the last thread) and were originally denied? My lord, whatever system they're using is enormously screwed up.
                    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Any truth to the rumors that as we get closer to the game day that NC$$ will release any unsold tickets? I see them on stubhub and NCAA ticket exchange for like $200+ per seat. I'd be more than willing to pony up $500/pr for all session, but I can't see paying $800+.

Booked a spot at the Harp for the BU Watch Party as a backup plan.

BU Hockey: Winning Gets Expensive

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                        You have a group of 24 season tickets, have been a STH for 30 years, (I think that's what you said in the last thread) and were originally denied? My lord, whatever system they're using is enormously screwed up.
                        anyone who signed up for premium seats this year moved ahead of ho-hum regular 30yr STH who don't pay no premium (~$100/game).

that is what we have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by bu98 View Post
                          Any truth to the rumors that as we get closer to the game day that NC$$ will release any unsold tickets? I see them on stubhub and NCAA ticket exchange for like $200+ per seat. I'd be more than willing to pony up $500/pr for all session, but I can't see paying $800+.

Booked a spot at the Harp for the BU Watch Party as a backup plan.

BU Hockey: Winning Gets Expensive
                          fwiw, the all session tickets on Stubhub and Prime Sport (only two ticket agencies I'd trust - they're 100% legitimate) are falling in price, now <$400 for the weekend.
                          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                            Number of season tickets does not add to your priority points only years... So 20 years of 1 ticket = 20 years of 4 tickets etc

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                              Number of season tickets does not add to your priority points only years... So 20 years of 1 ticket = 20 years of 4 tickets etc
                              Exactly, and that is absurd that the person who buys one ticket gets the same number of loyalty points as the person who buys 24.
                              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Working...
                              X