Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Frozen Four - Where to Eat? Drink? Must See Stuff

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
    True, it doesn't specify a date, so maybe it is $42/day. Interesting that they don't say that though. If I'm only going to one event I don't want to pay the entire $84...
    Yeah, that's what I was concerned about. It just seemed like too much of a coincidence that it would be exactly double the normal rate, so I'm hoping it's a two-day composite. I'm going to do some checking...I just don't want to depend on public transportation given the propensity of these games to run long (not only the possibility of OT, but also the TV time outs which make these games three hours now).

Comment

First of all, this is right on the "parking" page on the web site: Please note: Prepaid parking is not available for the 2015 NCAA Men’s Frozen Four. So I called them and they confirmed $42 per session.

Comment

Holy ****
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          One question, if I'm flying into Logan and staying at the Wyndham Beacon Hill, is there a way to get a CharliePass at the airport or is it like Philly where out-of-towners kind of get screwed since they don't sell passes at the airport?
          I you take the Silver Line to South Station, the T is free. You can transfer from South Station to the Red Line towards Alewife Station. Get off at Charles/MGH. Walk .3 miles (5 minutes) to the Wyndham. Enjoy your time in the greatest city in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
            First of all, this is right on the "parking" page on the web site: Please note: Prepaid parking is not available for the 2015 NCAA Men’s Frozen Four. So I called them and they confirmed $42 per session.
            My concern is that is their event parking rate (which I paid for both Beanpot and HE) and that it doesn't start till 5pm. The first game is at 5pm. It's a regular work day on Thursday. May wind up having to pay twice if you want to get there before puck drop on Thursday.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              Holy ****
              That's why I wanted to bring this up. I knew you guys from the Midwest would be in shock. That's a normal rate here. For Red Sox games you can pay over $70 for parking. The thing about Boston is that all the roads were here 400 years ago, so they built the city around them (unlike the more "modern" cities where they could plan them in advance and create "grids" and such, or the cities in the West where there was much more open space). The result is that Boston is crowded and congested and has very little parking available. They change those rates because they can get away with it.

But I assume that you wouldn't be renting a car anyway, so it won't affect you. Which is why, incidentally, that everyone has been recommending public transportation and there have been so many posts about the T. OK, are there delays and such? Sure. But in general, it's a pretty good system that gets you where you need to go and is a much better alternative than driving for people who have never been here and/or don't know their way around.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                My concern is that is their event parking rate (which I paid for both Beanpot and HE) and that it doesn't start till 5pm. The first game is at 5pm. It's a regular work day on Thursday. May wind up having to pay twice if you want to get there before puck drop on Thursday.
                I parked there for Hockey East and it cost $42, and I know I was there at 4:30 because I had to meet someone to give them tickets. I think that rule is suspended if there's a special event like this one that starts at an "odd" time. But, in any event, that's why I called, and she told me $42. Now I'm not saying their word is gospel, because I don't know who I was actually talking to, but that's what they told me.

Comment

Is the only advantage of having a Charlie Card over a Charlie Ticket the fact that the card is more durable? From what I can tell, you can get a Charlie Ticket with a week pass on it, and it will work just fine, but I'm guessing that the ticket may get messed up/bent/waterlogged in a pocket, where the card is plastic and durable. I'm asking because my wife and I aren't getting in until after 11PM on Wednesday night. I'm guessing that there won't be any attendants around to get us a Charlie Card, and we'll just have to get tickets from the automated machine. Is the T still going to be going at that time of night?
                  Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                    Is the only advantage of having a Charlie Card over a Charlie Ticket the fact that the card is more durable? From what I can tell, you can get a Charlie Ticket with a week pass on it, and it will work just fine, but I'm guessing that the ticket may get messed up/bent/waterlogged in a pocket, where the card is plastic and durable. I'm asking because my wife and I aren't getting in until after 11PM on Wednesday night. I'm guessing that there won't be any attendants around to get us a Charlie Card, and we'll just have to get tickets from the automated machine. Is the T still going to be going at that time of night?
                    No. The Charlie Card can be waved in front of the detector...the card has a magnetic strip that has to be inserted. The card is MUCH easier to use (and more reliable). You may have to hold it in front of the green light an extra second, but sometimes the ticket doesn't work, either. Neither is infallible, but the card is the much better option, IMO. As far as your other issue (arrival time), I will have to defer to someone who is more familiar with a wider variety of stations than I. On the other hand, you could get the card just to get you to your hotel, for example, and then pick up a card the next day. You would only have to pay, say $3.00 to get one ride on the ticket.
                    Last edited by chickod; 04-07-2015, 03:04 PM.

Comment

I thought I remember reading the ticket can cost more per ride to use.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Ok, Thanks. I think we're stuck with the ticket, based on the time we're getting there. We'll make it work.

Another question. We're planning on going to the Sam Adams Brewery. We were told that the Orange Line further south can be a bit rough. I looked, and found that Sam Adams is off of the Orange Line, close to the Stony Brook stop. Will it be ok, and safe, to take the Orange Line to the Stony Brook stop in the middle of the day, and walk from the T stop to the brewery? Or should we plan on taking a cab?
                        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                          Ok, Thanks. I think we're stuck with the ticket, based on the time we're getting there. We'll make it work.

Another question. We're planning on going to the Sam Adams Brewery. We were told that the Orange Line further south can be a bit rough. I looked, and found that Sam Adams is off of the Orange Line, close to the Stony Brook stop. Will it be ok, and safe, to take the Orange Line to the Stony Brook stop in the middle of the day, and walk from the T stop to the brewery? Or should we plan on taking a cab?
                          What time are you guys getting in?
                          If it's not completely ridiculous, maybe we could pick you up as we'll have a car.
                          I was told there would be no math...

Comment

Originally posted by melmac View Post
                            What time are you guys getting in?
                            If it's not completely ridiculous, maybe we could pick you up as we'll have a car.
                            Our flight is scheduled to get in at 11:07PM, so it is pretty late. I imagine you'll want to be in the hotel by then.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post

Daylight is fine
                              Stony brook is Jamaica plain which ain't all that bad in daylight. You will go east. I have a friend who lives other side on Paul Gore st and have been there many times.
                              Plus you are big and people will think you're a cop
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                                Daylight is fine
                                Stony brook is Jamaica plain which ain't all that bad in daylight. You will go east. I have a friend who lives other side on Paul Gore st and have been there many times.
                                Plus you are big and people will think you're a cop
                                If I need to bring my .357, just say the word.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X