Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: North Dakota announces name.

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
    It's cute you might want to copy our state nickname and old NHL team name since you'll never have a team.
    Don't worry your small little head, that won't be the nickname.
    Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
    Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Isn't roughrider a brand of condoms? That would be pretty epic if they chose that!
      Last edited by ericredaxe; 07-22-2015, 05:46 PM.

Comment

It's cute you might want to copy our state nickname and old NHL team name since you'll never have a team.
        At least North Dakota just loses nicknames, not the team itself.
        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
          Down to 5!

Fighting Hawks (lame)
          Nodaks
          North Stars
          Roughriders
          Sundogs
          Roughriders is the only one with merit, IMO. I'd rather be Whioux. It has pretty good humor, a lot of meaning, and a little bit of Grinch, which is what we are on the ice. You're a mean one . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
            At least North Dakota just loses nicknames, not the team itself.
            And yet we got the team back and they will NEVER be the Sioux again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
              When you got it back did they bring their Stanley Cup with them?
              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                Roughriders is the only one with merit, IMO. I'd rather be Whioux. It has pretty good humor, a lot of meaning, and a little bit of Grinch, which is what we are on the ice. You're a mean one . . .
                And represents the killer of feather Indians. The irony is so sweet.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
                  Won't the Hispanic people protest Roughriders because of their imperialistic overthrow of the Spanish government in Cuba?

This just in.....

@gfherald: BREAKING: UND/no nickname option will be considered, President Kelley decides http://bit.ly/1OqbFPW @myUND http://twitter.com/gfherald/status/6...326721/photo/1
                  Last edited by joecct; 07-24-2015, 10:47 AM.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

This whole process is quickly approaching the biggest joke in sports. I can't wait until they make their "final" decision and announce the new name, print all the new letterhead and logowear, then the state riots and burns down their only tree because the winning name wasn't "Fighting Sioux" and the President sends it back to committee to start over again with the whole process delaying the new nickname for another 2-3 years...

Ryan J
                    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                    Originally posted by geezer
                    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                    Originally posted by manurespreader
                    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Oddly enough, the people who seem most concerned or outraged by this didn't attend UND, or have little interest in the school other than as an observer or hockey opponent.
                      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                        Oddly enough, the people who seem most concerned or outraged by this didn't attend UND, or have little interest in the school other than as an observer or hockey opponent.
                        It's July on a college hockey message board. What the hell else are we supposed to do?
                        MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post
                          It's July on a college hockey message board. What the hell else are we supposed to do?
                          It's true in GF too.
                          "My greatest achievement."
                          Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

Originally posted by darker98 View Post
                            It's true in GF too.
                            But I thought this is when you guys line up to sit under the one tree's shade?
                            MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Actually, you got a new team. Just like NoDak will get a new nickname (maybe the NoDaks!).

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

North Dakota Nothings isn't done yet!

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Working...
                                X