The Frozen Four

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Frozen Four

Didn't see a thread yet but this can start things off.

The teams are set, and it should be a great finale to the 2015 season. With a superior venue at Toronto-Dominion Bank (TD Garden) and capacity of over 17,000, this should be an exciting event. Boston University is only 3 or 4 miles away, but BC is 7 miles, and word is that this is not such a "homer" location as some may think. Likely, however, is that BU will be somewhat of a home team. North Dakota will bring plenty of fans, as usual. Providence is a wild card, and Nebraska-Omaha is not to be discounted at all. Watch out for them and Dean Blais.

Zane McIntire for president, or emperor, or .... something. If he is on his stuff, UND has to be the favorite. Enjoy the show, everyone.
    No more slow starts to the season; we got over that hurdle. Now, Get it on!!! GO UND!!!

New nick is coming up. I recommend Spirithawks.

Character is what a person is; reputation is what he is supposed to be. (Abbott)

Re: The Frozen Four

Non-New Englander's won't get this, but Providence College will be the OVERWHELMING fan favorite in Boston.
    No lo contendo.

Boston is Hockey East Association country (except for ten Harvard fans).
    Providence College and BU are in Hockey East Association.
    PC is located in Rhode Island, not Boston... there is no hate.
    If BU was the only HE rep, folks would cheer them on. Fans now have a choice... and it won't be BU.

If 5000 fans represent the other 3 schools, there will be 12,000 others rooting for PC. Take it to the bank.
    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
      Non-New Englander's won't get this, but Providence College will be the OVERWHELMING fan favorite in Boston.
      No lo contendo.

If BU was the only HE rep, folks would cheer them on. Fans now have a choice... and it won't be BU.

If 5000 fans represent the other 3 schools, there will be 12,000 others rooting for PC. Take it to the bank.
      I don't think the hate from PC fans is that great towards BU either...so you will have all the PC fans backing BU against North Dakota.

People from outside New England don't recognize that Providence is about an hour from Boston so it is a quick trip up for PC supporters.
      Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
        I don't think the hate from PC fans is that great towards BU either....
        Jesus, you're stupid. You may go to a lot of games but you don't know any fans.
        Originally posted by mookie1995
        bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
        Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
        Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
          Jesus, you're stupid. You may go to a lot of games but you don't know any fans.
          Really...compared to the hate towards BC??? You bring up Boston College to a PC fan and you can see the anger come out
          Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Really...compared to the hate towards BC??? You bring up Boston College to a PC fan and you can see the anger come out
            Thanks cause bc ruined The Big Rast
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

You get the same reaction from any college hockey fan when you bring up BC. They must gave knocked their team out somewhere along the line in the last 15+ years.
              Expectation has the encumberance of truth while hope lives its own life, wild and free.

Comment

Honestly pretty much the entire country just got sick of seeing BC in the FF every year.

That being said, with two HE teams in the house with lots of alums that got the thin envelope from BC as a senior in high school, I'm personally looking forward to a BC sucks chant at the Garden.
                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                  Thanks cause bc ruined The Big Rast
                  Brilliant!!!!
                  Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                  The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

If Omaha is eliminated PC fans will come out of the woodwork from all over New England. If Omaha wins and play the Satin Terriers those same fans will be backing the Mavs. Years of arrogance by their former coach still lingers with a lot of us.

Comment

1/2 the western fans probably think BU and BC are the same team.
                      Expectation has the encumberance of truth while hope lives its own life, wild and free.

Comment

Originally posted by BU2K View Post
                        They're not?
                        "My greatest achievement."
                        Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

Originally posted by BU2K View Post
                          According to the NCAA, both are simply "Boston"
                          Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
                          ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

Originally posted by terrier520 View Post
                            according to the ncaa and Barry Melrose, both are simply "boston"
                            fyp

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                              No lo contendo.

Originally posted by Pucknut View Post
                              If Omaha is eliminated PC fans will come out of the woodwork from all over New England. If Omaha wins and play the Satin Terriers those same fans will be backing the Mavs. Years of arrogance by their former coach still lingers with a lot of us.
                              SO glad you both posted this. I was more or less yelled by someone who was aghast as to why I wasn't rooting for BC in St. Louis in 2007. And this person wasn't an alum, just thought there should be "conference support" etc. I told him they wouldn't do the same if the situation were reversed (and I wouldn't expect them to) and he didn't believe me. You just proved it, so thanks!! Of course then after the tourney I did tell a non BU person over in the cafe that I "giggled on the inside" when Michigan State scored the go-ahead goal and was then literally bullied off this site for a few month by either someone new or one of the then regulars who started a new identity who apparently took offense that I was there with BC people the whole weekend, yet had the nerve to say that. That username was banned after three days because he was reported by so many others. Because what I said was apparently incredibly offensive.

Comment

Working...
                              X