Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Frozen Four

Originally posted by hpgunner14 View Post
    It's the Bull & Finch Pub on Beacon Street- very close to the Make Way for Ducklings statues in the Public Garden. Extremely touristy but ya know, whatever makes you happy.

If you do go, it's one of the few bars that serves the Sam Adams Boston Brick Red, so I'd recommend having that.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/cheers-bosto...+%26+Finch+Pub
    They changed the name to "Cheers" a few years back so as to stop confusing tourists.

Plenty of bars in Boston serve Brick Red, I've seen it in a number of places.

Comment

• Originally posted by Greg A View Post
      Go to the Harpoon Brewery down at the Southie Waterfront. Haven't been there myself but I hear it is excellent, although not much food served.
      Harpoon's decent though a royal pain to get to, especially via T.

Sam Brick Red is terribly overrated. If you're looking for local stuff, I recommend Downeast Cider or any of the Long Trails.
      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post

Sam Brick Red is terribly overrated. If you're looking for local stuff, I recommend Downeast Cider or any of the Long Trails.
        Oh yeah but "Cheers" isn't exactly a craft beer bar- Brick Red is decent compared to their other offerings. Now if you want to hijack this thread and turn it into best beer & bars of Boston, I'm ready to go Or should we just start a sports fan's guide to the best of Boston thread?
        BU '05, '08, '12

Comment

Originally posted by hpgunner14 View Post
          Oh yeah but "Cheers" isn't exactly a craft beer bar- Brick Red is decent compared to their other offerings. Now if you want to hijack this thread and turn it into best beer & bars of Boston, I'm ready to go Or should we just start a sports fan's guide to the best of Boston thread?
          For those going, that might not be a bad idea. Suggest things that are not well known or are not mentioned in tourist's guides. Places to eat, watering holes, other places of interest, etc.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post

If you're looking for local stuff, I recommend Downeast Cider or any of the Long Trails.
            Not knocking Long Trail (like their beers, esp. Double Bag), but Vermont beers are not really local. Try Slumbrew, Cambridge Brewing, Pretty Things. If you're willing to go as far as Vermont - check out Allagash from Maine. Great Belgian style ales.
            Last edited by blackbear80; 04-01-2015, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              For those going, that might not be a bad idea. Suggest things that are not well known or are not mentioned in tourist's guides. Places to eat, watering holes, other places of interest, etc.
              I have been thinking that is a good idea. Here we go....
              Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
                I have been thinking that is a good idea. Here we go....
                The last few times I hit up CO, I asked my friends to take me to where the townies go for fun/to eat. I like to get a feel of the "real" area. The touristy stuff is fine and dandy, but sometimes the local culture is much more worthwhile.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                  The last few times I hit up CO, I asked my friends to take me to where the townies go for fun/to eat. I like to get a feel of the "real" area. The touristy stuff is fine and dandy, but sometimes the local culture is much more worthwhile.
                  I think you should stop at Sullivan's near the Garden. Serious bar.

Comment

Originally posted by The Freds View Post
                    I think you should stop at Sullivan's near the Garden. Serious bar.
                    I'm not going to BOS! For the last time! People need to read back.

Comment

[QUOTE=hpgunner14;6143809]Oh yeah but "Cheers" isn't exactly a craft beer bar- Brick Red is decent compared to their other offerings. Now if you want to hijack this thread and turn it into best beer & bars of Boston, I'm ready to go Or should we just start a sports fan's guide to the best of Boston thread?[/QUOTE

Re: hijack:

Don't. Don't remember if I fired 6 shots or 5, punk .... etc.
                      No more slow starts to the season; we got over that hurdle. Now, Get it on!!! GO UND!!!

New nick is coming up. I recommend Spirithawks.

Character is what a person is; reputation is what he is supposed to be. (Abbott)

Comment

I'm not going to BOS! For the last time! People need to read back.
                        You just seemed to make it sound like you're going, Brent.

The thread is about hockey, but it's over a week away, so blabbling about anything is good by me. That includes micro-breweries (which IMO are in many cases very iffy and also very much a caterer to beer snobs). What's the injury report for Providence, BU, and Omaha. UND lost McMillian (huge) but is on the rebound from that. I think the style of play for UND is to use 4 lines relentlessly, neutralizing BU's top line as needed.
                        Last edited by Slash01; 04-01-2015, 09:41 PM. Reason: more info
                        No more slow starts to the season; we got over that hurdle. Now, Get it on!!! GO UND!!!

Character is what a person is; reputation is what he is supposed to be. (Abbott)

Comment

Originally posted by blackbear80 View Post
                          Not knocking Long Trail (like their beers, esp. Double Bag), but Vermont beers are not really local. Try Slumbrew, Cambridge Brewing, Pretty Things. If you're willing to go as far as Vermont - check out Allagash from Maine. Great Belgian style ales.
                          Well, it's local in that Omaha and Sioux fans both would not have access to them in their locales. If you want a great craft beer bar, I'd highly recommend The Publick House in Brookline on Beacon St. Easily accessible on the Green Line, right off the stop, no walk necessary, extraordinary selection of beer you can only find in a very, very small number of places. Be wary of Garden-area sports bars or "Irish" bars, they're often overpriced glorified college bars serving up Bud Light in plastic cups.
                          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by Slash01 View Post
                            You just seemed to make it sound like you're going, Brent.

The thread is about hockey, but it's over a week away, so blabbling about anything is good by me. That includes micro-breweries (which IMO are in many cases very iffy and also very much a caterer to beer snobs). What's the injury report for Providence, BU, and Omaha. UND lost McMillian (huge) but is on the rebound from that. I think the style of play for UND is to use 4 lines relentlessly, neutralizing BU's top line as needed.
                            I had everything in place TO go, but MN failed their end of the bargain.

Comment

I had everything in place TO go, but MN failed their end of the bargain.
                              Kinda weird how I gave you + rep and you gave me - what's up?

Comment

Originally posted by Greg A View Post
                                Go to the Harpoon Brewery down at the Southie Waterfront. Haven't been there myself but I hear it is excellent, although not much food served.
                                The Harpoon Brewery is great. If you're in town on Friday with nothing to do, they do a brewery tour that is quite awesome.
                                Clarkson Golden Knights Men
                                10 Time ECAC Regular Season Champs
                                5 Time ECAC Tournament Champs
                                21 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Undefeated - 1956

Clarkson Golden Knights Women
                                ECAC Regular Season Champs - 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018
                                ECAC Tournament Champs - 2017, 2018
                                7 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Frozen Four - 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018
                                National Champions - 2014, 2017, 2018

Comment

Working...
                                X