The Frozen Four

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Frozen Four

chickod has just about turned me into a Friar fan. And I ignored his verbal diarrhea dump post three pages back.

BU Hockey: Don't Judge Us By What One Nitwit Says. He Doesn't Speak For Us.
    It Happened!!!!

Comment

Eh, chickod is upset because everyone has written off BU as Jack Eichel's one-line wonders. Almost like saying how Goudreau is the be-all and end-all for BC. Each BU matchup, the armchair scouting report from the peanut gallery was as follows:

1) Other teams have been allowing Eichel to run around. Really, once he faces [yale's goaltender, UND's heavy hitters] he's going to be neutralized because he'll be [blocked, knocked senselessly]

2) Since BU is all Eichel all the time, once you neutralize him (see point 1 above), BU will naturally collapse and fold, because they see a terrible Terrier team last year, and don't understand how a team could go from so bad to so good. It doesn't hurt that, yes, the best player in college hockey is right now playing for BU.

3) Also, the NCHC is awesome and Hockey East is terrible, so BU is only where they are because they are the best of the rest, and got lucky/terrible refs/Eichel.

All this is different from 2009, where BU basically rolled through the entire season, including wins against the West.

That's just what I'm thinking is bugging chickod.
      Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
      ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrier520 View Post
        Eh, chickod is upset because everyone has written off BU as Jack Eichel's one-line wonders. Almost like saying how Goudreau is the be-all and end-all for BC. Each BU matchup, the armchair scouting report from the peanut gallery was as follows:

1) Other teams have been allowing Eichel to run around. Really, once he faces [yale's goaltender, UND's heavy hitters] he's going to be neutralized because he'll be [blocked, knocked senselessly]

2) Since BU is all Eichel all the time, once you neutralize him (see point 1 above), BU will naturally collapse and fold, because they see a terrible Terrier team last year, and don't understand how a team could go from so bad to so good. It doesn't hurt that, yes, the best player in college hockey is right now playing for BU.

3) Also, the NCHC is awesome and Hockey East is terrible, so BU is only where they are because they are the best of the rest, and got lucky/terrible refs/Eichel.

All this is different from 2009, where BU basically rolled through the entire season, including wins against the West.

Eichel had a very poor game against Yale...couldn't score on Lyon and only got that assist with a point shot and a terrible rebound.

I love Jack's game but out of the five games I saw him this year, (The two PC games, the USA Exhibition, Yale NCAA game, and last night) his best game came against PC down in Providence as he was all over the ice. The USA game he was very strong.

I think the key to beating BU is to make O'Connor and the D-men beat you on the boards.
        Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
          Eichel had a very poor game against Yale...couldn't score on Lyon and only got that assist with a point shot and a terrible rebound.

I love Jack's game but out of the five games I saw him this year, (The two PC games, the USA Exhibition, Yale NCAA game, and last night) his best game came against PC down in Providence as he was all over the ice. The USA game he was very strong.

I think the key to beating BU is to make O'Connor and the D-men beat you on the boards.
          Honestly, Eichel's not Goudreau or Colin Wilson or so — he's not the amazing goal scorer that people are making him out to be (though he can score some highlight reel goals). That's a slight criticism of him from the BU crowd. What he's really good at is speed and seeing the ice. The best I've seen from him are plays where he's able to find his streaking partner(s), and get the goalie off-guard. He's also able to free up space for his linemates to score.
          ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

Disappointing to say the least that the Mike Richter Award is apparently a popularity contest. How is the most outstanding goaltender not the guy who led the nation in SV%, GAA, and shutouts?
            Originally posted by SCSU Euro
            What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Honestly, Eichel's not Goudreau or Colin Wilson or so — he's not the amazing goal scorer that people are making him out to be (though he can score some highlight reel goals). That's a slight criticism of him from the BU crowd. What he's really good at is speed and seeing the ice. The best I've seen from him are plays where he's able to find his streaking partner(s), and get the goalie off-guard. He's also able to free up space for his linemates to score.
              BTW, I am not taking a shot at him. I love his Toews like game more than that Gaudreau guy. I am just saying the credit he gets is a little overblown sometimes since you guys were at the game, Melrose and Buccigross would not stop talking about the assist he made on Greer's bomb. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
                Disappointing to say the least that the Mike Richter Award is apparently a popularity contest. How is the most outstanding goaltender not the guy who led the nation in SV%, GAA, and shutouts?
                I guess they just give it to the goalie that leads the nation in wins.

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                  BTW, I am not taking a shot at him. I love his Toews like game more than that Gaudreau guy. I am just saying the credit he gets is a little overblown sometimes since you guys were at the game, Melrose and Buccigross would not stop talking about the assist he made on Greer's bomb. :-)
                  I wasn't paying attention to them, honestly. I'm just not sure why everyone thinks he's going to score as soon as he gets the puck on his stick.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                    ... it's a state school...
                    Hey!!!

(BU)...outside of its "core" of fans, doesn't get support from ANYONE else...There is no league "pride" when it comes to BU. Most other fans hate us...
                    Not all.

... They think we are arrogant and elitist...
                    You are.

... Yes, we have other "distractions" here. Restaurants, culture, tons of colleges, movies, pro sports, etc etc etc...
                    See above

... "BU sucks."...
                    BC Sucks, sieve.

...BU against the world...
                    BU 1 World 0.

... I'm sixty years old and I was jumping up and down at my seat when we scored, while other BU fans would sit on their hands and politely clap, maybe...
                    Good for you. I get pretty excited as well, dislike the Whittamorgue atmosphere, but have come to realize that in their own way quiet fans are often passionate fans. Now if the "hand sitters" were "5 minutes remaining exiters"...
                    I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                      which guy?
                      Sorry, didn't make that clear. The PC fan who started the whole thing was pointed out by fans sitting around him, he was bounced.

Comment

• Originally posted by Terrier520 View Post
                        I wasn't paying attention to them, honestly. I'm just not sure why everyone thinks he's going to score as soon as he gets the puck on his stick.
                        I think he is going to get an assist every time he is on the ice. He has that ability to get a pass thru 4 sets of legs for a tap in goal.
                        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Colin Wilson was an amazing goal scorer? Not unless you count the goals he scored off of Lawrence's stick.

He didn't score that much, and frankly got a lot of criticism at the time for not using his body and strength on the puck to drive to the net more.

Eichel and Wilson were both the best players on their teams. Their strengths were seeing the ice and being strong on the puck. "Weakness" might be finishing.

But Eichel "strengths" are stronger than Wilson's, and his "weakness" is stronger too.

Before Eichel, I would argue Wilson to be the most talented player BU had in at least the past decade. Huge fan of his, and remain so to this day. But him vs. Eichel? No comparison. Watched almost all of both of their games at BU, and Eichel is far superior, end of story.
                          2008-09 Boston University Terriers
                          Icebreaker, Denver Cup, Beanpot, HE Regular Season, HE Tournament
                          NCAA Champions

Comment

Yeah, that's what he said. But, of course, no one was posting any of that.
                            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                              I think he is going to get an assist every time he is on the ice. He has that ability to get a pass thru 4 sets of legs for a tap in goal.
                              Yeah. That's what I expect, honestly.

Comment

Folks, it's chickod. Just sit back and enjoy the show and politely clap.

Comment

Working...
                                X