Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Frozen Four

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
    So if bu loses, you are doing a great job making that much more satisfying.
    Exactly. Which is why my rant was directed at OUR fans. I don't care what anybody else thinks. You can talk until you're maize and blue in the face.

Comment

Chickod i don't remember you being this homerish in the past but my god. I have no idea what game you were watching if you think und wasnt able to skate with bu stride for stride. Und dominated half the 2nd period with their own skating/cycking game.

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
        Exactly. Which is why my rant was directed at OUR fans. I don't care what anybody else thinks. You can talk until you're maize and blue in the face.
        I didn't read it, and would suspect that nobody you directed to would, either.

Between that and most of the other posts, the more I want PC to win. Good job. 😀

Interesting that no other bu poster has that effect on me.

Comment

If i have it right he wants bc fans to root for bu while being told all game how much bc sucks despite bc not even being in the game. Sorry, not happening. Drop the obsession and maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
            Chickod i don't remember you being this homerish in the past but my god. I have no idea what game you were watching if you think und wasnt able to skate with bu stride for stride. Und dominated half the 2nd period with their own skating/cycking game.
            When did I say they didn't "skate with us?" I say that BU was the more TALENTED team. If North Dakota had finishers they would have scored six goals. But for whatever reason, when Eichel scores a great backhanded goal that 99% of other players would have put into the glass or wide, it's "lucky." When he makes a great pass for a one-timer it's "routine." I'm just sick of the way everyone goes out of their way to denigrate him or say that BU is "lucky." They have lost seven games, fewer than anyone in the country. As they say in golf, "It's not HOW, it's HOW MANY." I don't really care how they win...I'm sure you weren't apologizing when BC won. I wasn't on here denigrating Gaudreau or any deserving BC player. I had to shut my mouth for about 14 of the last 15 years during this latest "run.," because they did it on the ice. I'm tired of everyone spinning this like BU is some team who is "lucky" to be where they are. Bullchit.

Comment

After the Eichel goal in the first, the shots were 7-2 bu. Midway through the second it was 22-13 ND. That's a 20-6 swing. ND absolutely outskated and outchanced bu for most of that time. The difference was bu managed to bury their chances while ND looked like hoky at closing time.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                I didn't read it, and would suspect that nobody you directed to would, either.

Between that and most of the other posts, the more I want PC to win. Good job. ��

Interesting that no other bu poster has that effect on me.
                Like you would have rooted for BU anyway.... That's almost comical...

Comment

Originally posted by walrus655321 View Post
                  After the Eichel goal in the first, the shots were 7-2 bu. Midway through the second it was 22-13 ND. That's a 20-6 swing. ND absolutely outskated and outchanced bu for most of that time. The difference was bu managed to bury their chances while ND looked like hoky at closing time.
                  Yup. Now we're going to start looking at SOG? Did anyone say that when Maine won? Gee...they win every game but they were outskated, outshot and outplayed. Lucky them.

Get over it. This team knows how to win. That's the object of the game. Period.

Comment

Sorry, wrong Walrus. So wherever you're from, did they say that when your team won?

Comment

If you go back and look i don't think BC fans have been demeaning what bu has done. Seems to me it might be more other fans. If you want to use the word talent, fine. Und doesn't have an eichel but other than that i didn't see a talent difference between the teams.

Comment

I guess i am missing something. Saying und was on same level as bu somehow means bu got lucky ir didn't deserve to win?

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                          Yup. Now we're going to start looking at SOG? Did anyone say that when Maine won? Gee...they win every game but they were outskated, outshot and outplayed. Lucky them.

Get over it. This team knows how to win. That's the object of the game. Period.
                          It depends on the quality of the shots, but yes, that did get said when my team (Northeastern) won many times last season. NoDak had a ton of grade A chances in that stretch, pipes hit, missed open nets, a few great saves by O'Connor. I never said bu didn't deserve to win, just that NoDak skated circles round them much of the night.

I did think bu's D played better than some people are giving them credit for. Especially early in the game, they seemed to be cutting off EVERY pass ND sent into the zone and were very well-positioned and well-prepared for what ND was sending at them. O'Connor played a very good game until that brain fart. But he had to, he was under siege for the latter part of the first and most of the second.

Comment

For those who were watching on TV ... did they show a slow motion of the "too many men" penalty? From my seat, yes, the BU player had just landed on the ice before he played the puck, but it also looked like the player he replaced had made it through the door about half a second earlier.
                            I'm not Canadian. But I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express.

Comment

There is a zero percent chance a coach would suspend a guy on his own for that

It was an accidental/on purpose high stick if you know what i mean. My question is, what was pattyn called for there?
                              unsportsmanlike conduct
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
                                For those who were watching on TV ... did they show a slow motion of the "too many men" penalty? From my seat, yes, the BU player had just landed on the ice before he played the puck, but it also looked like the player he replaced had made it through the door about half a second earlier.
                                I had thought that one player was coming off the ice while another was on top of the boards, but may have been wrong.

No, ESPN didn't spend too much time on it.
                                Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
                                ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

Working...
                                X